What's new

IAEA praises Pakistan's nuclear security record

Who.Cares

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IAEA praises Pakistan's nuclear security record

5607b80a8f5ea.jpg
The DG IAEA said the organisation had an important role to play in the implementation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda. ─ AP/File
ISLAMABAD: Director General (DG) International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Yukiya Amano praised Pakistan’s impressive nuclear security record spanning over four decades of nuclear power plant operation.

In a meeting with Pakistani Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry in New York on the sidelines of the 70th United Nations General Assembly, Amano said the IAEA stood ready to help Pakistan and other countries achieve Sustainable Development GoalsSustainable Development Goals.

The DG IAEA said the organisation had an important role to play in the implementation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda.

He appreciated the excellent cooperation between Pakistan and the IAEA, adding that IAEA’s Technical Cooperation Programme with Pakistan was one of its largest in the world.

The DG IAEA praised Pakistan’s impressive nuclear security record over more than four decades of operating nuclear power plants and expressed satisfaction at the implementation of IAEA safeguards measures by Pakistan

Thanking Amano for the mutually beneficial cooperation Pakistan enjoyed with IAEA as one its founding members since 1957, the Aizaz said that Pakistan deeply valued the role played by IAEA in the development of peaceful uses of nuclear technology.

He added that Pakistan attached the highest priority to nuclear safety and security as a national responsibility and that all of Pakistan’s nuclear power plants and research reactors were under IAEA safeguards, adding that Pakistan was fully meeting its obligations in this regard.

Established in 1957, the IAEA works to promote the safe, secure and peaceful use of nuclear technologies. Pakistan actively participates in the policy discussions and activities of the IAEA and has maintained a regular presence on its Board of Governors.

IAEA praises Pakistan's nuclear security record - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

So in short, Pakistan is a SENSIBLE and RESPONSIBLE nuclear state acknowledged by DG IAEA. This thing might be hard to be swallowed by some of my fellow Indians here.

On topic: Great news to hear. I hope we will further enhance our cooperation.

UNITED NATIONS: International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Yukia Amano praised on Sunday Pakistan’s ‘impressive’ nuclear security record.

In a meeting with Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry on the sidelines of the 70th session of the UN General Assembly in Nrw York, the IAEA chief said the agency is ready to help Pakistan and other countries achieve sustainable development goals.

“The IAEA’s Technical Cooperation Programme with Pakistan was one of its largest in the world,” Amano said, while appreciating the country’s excellent cooperation with the agency.

Read: Pakistan’s command and control system safest in the world

Amano expressed his complete satisfaction at the implementation of the IAEA safeguard measures in Pakistan.

Thanking the IAEA chief for mutually beneficial cooperation which Pakistan has enjoyed with the authority as one of its founding members since 1957, the foreign secretary said, “Pakistan deeply values the role played by IAEA in the development of peaceful use of nuclear technology.”

“Pakistan attaches the highest priority to nuclear safety and security as a national responsibility,” Chaudhry added. Further, he said the country’s nuclear power plants and research reactors were under the IAEA safeguards and Pakistan was abiding by the necessary obligations in this regard.

Read: US confident of Pakistan’s ability to safeguard nuclear weapons

Established in 1957, the IAEA works to promote safe, security and peaceful use of nuclear technologies. Pakistan actively participates in the policy discussions and activities of the IAEA and has maintained a regular presence on its board of governors.

IAEA chief praises Pakistan’s ‘impressive’ nuclear security record

They only check and *Praise* Pakistan's nuclear security measurements ?? Why don't they check other 6 ??

i m sure they do ... but we don't listen or hear or notice doesn't mean it does not happen (A little Google Search could help) ...

the KEY is that these acknowledgments would help us ... when we will "actively" apply for NSG in future, InshAllah !
It is good for our reputation !

i m sure they do ... but we don't listen or hear or notice doesn't mean it does not happen (A little Google Search could help) ...

the KEY is that these acknowledgments would help us ... when we will "actively" apply for NSG in future, InshAllah !
It is good for our reputation !

I am sure they do but they never take questions in media for their nuclear programes, thats what I was asking about

I am sure they do but they never take questions in media for their nuclear programes, thats what I was asking about

Not sure what u r trying to say ... i cannot post links as of now but here are some news related to india in relationship to IAEA.

IAEA urges India to take further action for nuclear regulation
World| Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:55am EDT - reuters

IAEA Mission Concludes Peer Review of India's Nuclear Regulatory Framework
Mumbai, India
2015/09 - IAEA webpage

IAEA praises India’s commitment to safety
March 27, 2015 20:13 IST - The Hindu

Good news for Pakistan good to know our assets are secure

The article says he praised Pak but thr r no comments from him lol

Which one have the worst security record ?? Is it Indian or Russian ??

Which one have the best proliferation record ??

Back
Top Bottom