What's new

IA to Raise Another BrahMos Regiment - 17th Mountain Strike Crops to be Armed with BrahMos Block III

1. The Russian and Indian doctrines are different. Their main enemies aren't sitting next to their doors (as in India's case) but thousands of miles away.

2.BrahMos is based on the Russian Missile P-800 Oniks, with the Russian contribution mainly on propulsion and Indian contribution on navigation. Russia inducting BrahMos means, they would be outsourcing tech from India to their country. They would avoid that to the best I guess.

3. The very idea of BrahMos as far as India is concerned was to form a JV to put in our expertise along with expertise of an experienced player in the areas we lacked to build a tailor made, world class weapon at home, in which we succeeded. BrahMos is a game changer for India.

Thanks for a solid reply. Your response is what the forum needs instead of endless personal attacks.

I agree that Brahmos is a major step for Indians. If India would form a joint corporation to build a missile, why not do it for planes or tanks. The results would definitely not be worse.

Thanks for a solid reply. Your response is what the forum needs instead of endless personal attacks.

I agree that Brahmos is a major step for Indians. If India would form a joint corporation to build a missile, why not do it for planes or tanks. The results would definitely not be worse.

I have a few Brahmos in my garage too.. Want one for Diwali ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

At this point, India should upgrade this missile without Russian input if it wants to claim ownership of the weapon...

Block III variant has been upgraded with advanced guidance algorithm featuring G3OM (GPS, GLONASS, GAGAN on a Module) receiver - Through G3OM receiver, the missile could take target acquisition from American GPS, Russian GLONASS and India’s GAGAN system at one go. Combined with inertial navigation system (INS), a G3OM receiver provides very high accuracies even without a seeker. That was the first time that any missile with all two satellite navigation systems and one SBAS was ever tested.

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Desi G3OM receiver makes BrahMos smarter | India first nation to test it on a missile

Such a sexy weapon. Once I was role-playing with my girlfriend I called my yea a brahmos. Sorta ruined the mood tho...
I suggest you see a shrink, pronto!!
doctor-118.gif
:lol:

Brahmos is a private enterprise,being run for profit same as any other business. The more Brahmos they sell , the more money they make.
Question is...is Brahmos really worth it. I think noy.
Try it. When you see a Brahmos coming toward you, all you need to do is bend down, put your head between your knees, and kiss your a$$ goodbye!

We have taken help from others whenever we needed it. Our first tank, 'Vijayanta' was the licensed production of Vickers MBT (UK origin).
ref-Viyajanta-2-bharat-rakshak.jpg

Other examples include, the licensed productions of

1.MiG-21s,SEPECAT Jaguars (production of both attained 100% localization step-by-step, we've had our own major upgrades too)

2. Alouette II and IIIs - (French origin helicopters,now totally made in India, we have the OEM status, we have our own variants and exports)

3. Dornier Do-228 - (German origin light transport, now totally made in India,we have OEM status, we have our own variants and exports, we supply major parts for the newer variants too)

4.Su-30MKI- An aircraft made in the same lines of BrahMos, a tailor made aircraft for Indian needs, we combining our expertise with Russian expertise to build a world class plane at home.

And if you are questions are about Tejas and Arjun, they are the result of our own R&D. The Idea of Tejas and Arjun were not just to make an aircraft or a MBT, but to develop an entire ecosystem for the R&D in the country. Both the programs succeeded in this regard. Even if no Tejas gets inducted, the program is a success,provided, we use the R&D ecosystem to further take foreward our efforts (AMCA for example)

There were other issues too, the mentality of Army and Air Force, kick backs etc too.

Brahmos is a private enterprise,being run for profit same as any other business. The more Brahmos they sell , the more money they make.
Question is...is Brahmos really worth it. I think noy.

According to a Pakistani whatever India has is bad and whatever Pakistan has is the best. Lol The brainwashing is strong in this one.

Such a sexy weapon. Once I was role-playing with my girlfriend I called my yea a brahmos. Sorta ruined the mood tho...
The Fudge did I just read. You guys are total geekS.... was that girlfriend your right hand or something?

On the topic. The weapon has a very important role(if the IA is smart) in being able to hit the rather extensive(and better than India's for the time being) infrastructure network the Chinese have in the north on day 1 and slow any logistical support and advance down.

According to a Pakistani whatever India has is bad and whatever Pakistan has is the best. Lol The brainwashing is strong in this one.
The same goes for you. The pot calls the kettle black.. typical South Asian numb nuts.

the fact that Russia induct 0 Brahmos while Indians brag so much about it speak volumes about this wonder weapon...

First this tech came from russia and they have many other variants.
However china inducted Brahmos and changed its name to CX1. :rofl::rofl:

collage_650_112414090514.jpg

The Fudge did I just read. You guys are total geekS.... was that girlfriend your right hand or something?

On the topic. The weapon has a very important role(if the IA is smart) in being able to hit the rather extensive(and better than India's for the time being) infrastructure network the Chinese have in the north on day 1 and slow any logistical support and advance down.

The same goes for you. The pot calls the kettle black.. typical South Asian numb nuts.

Dont include me in that lot. But i agree we have our own share of them aswell.

Dont include me in that lot. But i agree we have our own share of them aswell.
Own share? The damn subcontinent is full of petty little people who swim in their own little wells and keep asking "Is the world bigger than this?".

First this tech came from russia and they have many other variants.
However china inducted Brahmos and changed its name to CX1. :rofl::rofl:

collage_650_112414090514.jpg

And in doing that the Chinese saved over a billion dollars in R&D to simply stand right beside India in the field just like that.
I wonder which is the thing to laugh about, the fact that the CX-1 is a direct copy or that it gives China exactly what India has in less than 1/10th of the time and cost?

And in doing that the Chinese saved over a billion dollars in R&D to simply stand right beside India in the field just like that.
I wonder which is the thing to laugh about, the fact that the CX-1 is a direct copy or that it gives China exactly what India has in less than 1/10th of the time and cost?

Why don't you stay home, relax and pick a few pockets once in a while. No hard work and all the fun. Right?

1. The Russian and Indian doctrines are different. Their main enemies aren't sitting next to their doors (as in India's case) but thousands of miles away.

2.BrahMos is based on the Russian Missile P-800 Oniks, with the Russian contribution mainly on propulsion and Indian contribution on navigation. Russia inducting BrahMos means, they would be outsourcing tech from India to their country. They would avoid that to the best I guess.

3. The very idea of BrahMos as far as India is concerned was to form a JV to put in our expertise along with expertise of an experienced player in the areas we lacked to build a tailor made, world class weapon at home, in which we succeeded. BrahMos is a game changer for India.

Do you really think she is looking for a logical.answer

Own share? The damn subcontinent is full of petty little people who swim in their own little wells and keep asking "Is the world bigger than this?".

So, they cracked the Indian OEM's HQ like Data Pattern Pvt. Ltd., and copied the whole things.

wow, height of your intelligence.

How do you know that Chinese didn't spend that much money in R&D

Back
Top Bottom