What's new

I was not utilised well: Razzaq

Dance

Reaction score
KARACHI:
Dropped from the squad, experienced all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has hit out at the team management for not utilising him to his full competence in the recently-concluded World Cup thus affecting his contribution to the team’s cause.

Razzaq fell prey to the board’s decision of dropping seniors when the squad was announced as wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal too missed out and former captain Younus Khan and fast-bowler Umar Gul have been rested following calls of injecting new talent in the team.

The all-rounder, often dubbed as a match-winner, failed to impress in the World Cup with bat and ball. Besides claiming six wickets, he managed to score just 104 runs in the tournament. Razzaq, a veteran of 262 One-Day Internationals and 46 Tests, however, believed that if he was given more chance, his statistics in the showpiece event would have been much better.

“I’m deeply disappointed after being dropped for the tour,” said Razzaq.

“I think I was not utilised well throughout the tournament. I played at number eight in most matches and I was also not given much chance with the ball.”

According to him, he was willing to bat at number three on numerous occasions but the team management was not keen to give him a chance at that key position.

“I was ready to play at number three. I also decided to convince the team management to play me at this position in future assignments. But what ‘s done is done. I’ll continue the hard work to regain my place in the team.”

I was not utilised well: Razzaq – The Express Tribune

And he was bowled out for 3, by a medium pacer in a knock out match. Hit for 14 in 2 hours against India. Hit for 49 in 4 overs againt New Zealand.

I think Razzak was a great player, but he has lost form and it is hard for him to icompete as an attack bowler. I wish hom good luck.

Razzaq used to be an awesome all rounder back in the days. He has lost the edge now, you can tell by his body language and the sorta fielding he did.

And he was bowled out for 3, by a medium pacer in a knock out match. Hit for 14 in 2 hours against India. Hit for 49 in 4 overs againt New Zealand.

I think Razzak was a great player, but he has lost form and it is hard for him to icompete as an attack bowler. I wish hom good luck.

we cannot expect from him to score 100 when he come at no 7 or 8 position

Back
Top Bottom