What's new

'I hope India will win 10 medals, including 2 golds, in the next Olympics'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafizzz

Reaction score
'I hope India will win 10 medals, including 2 golds, in the next Olympics' - Rediff.com News

21india.jpg

'My vision for India is a clean and corruption-free country. The youth need to be actively involved in politics and policy making. It is easy to complain, but tough to make a positive difference,' says former Indian hockey captain Viren Rasquinha, COO, Olympic Gold Quest, in our special series where well-known Indians speak about their India.

I am a very proud patriotic Indian and I love the fact that we are a very vibrant democracy where we are free to do what we want and there are so many opportunities to follow our dreams.

The tremendous diversity of culture, language, food, customs and traditions, indeed makes India unique.

The Indian people are very warm, friendly and helpful. You can go unannounced to the neighbour and ask for rice/sugar etc and they would not mind.

You can meet friends without taking an appointment. These are the good things.

I think what is negative about us is our poor manners and social etiquette in general. For example, not holding the door open for a lady; throwing rubbish anywhere on the road. We need to work on cleanliness.

Some of the issues that need urgent attention is corruption at all levels of government, bureaucracy, business, the corporate sector and in sports.

We urgently need implementation of policy reforms.

The greatest challenges confronting India today are:

o Corruption
o Efficient development of infrastructure like roads, railways, airports
o Inflation
o High cost of living in urban cities
o Over population, especially in urban areas
o Reform of the education system with focus on vocational education
o Encouraging more education of women
o Safety of women
o Affordable housing
o Becoming a sports superpower

My vision for India is a clean and corruption-free country.

My big hope is that in the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in 2016, India will win 10 medals which will include at least 2 golds.

The youth need to be actively involved in politics and policy making. It is easy to complain, but tough to make a positive difference. We need to encourage the education of women. Each one, teach one is a great concept.

I have a lot of respect for India's armed forces. They still retain the aura of class, dignity and excellence in service and performance.

They have fought so many wars and have protected and won great honour for the nation.

My favourite Indian icons are Prakash Padukone, MC Mary Kom and Dhanraj Pillay.

Of India's beautiful places, my favourites are Mumbai and Goa, any place where there is a clean beach.

India has fantastic food. I love tandoori chicken and pav bhaji!

By the consideration India gives to sports, we deserve NOTHING.

We need to concentrate on wrestling, boxing, shooting and may be archery. That's where we have the maximum chances of winning medals.

Wow he has very high expectation for India. 10 medals may be possible, but to solve the social, political and economics problems will be a tall order.

By the consideration India gives to sports, we deserve NOTHING.

We are in the right direction. Now a days, many parents are encouraging kids to take up sports as a career. We are lacking in infrastructure.

We need to concentrate on wrestling, boxing, shooting and may be archery. That's where we have the maximum chances of winning medals.

'Shooting" ??? That's China strength
"Boxing" ??? Africans (Blacks) will bag all the Gold Medal
"Wrestling" ??? Either white people , Black people or Iranian will take the Gold medal home
"Archery" ??? White people or China will take the Gold

The best field for India to take the Gold is Cricket but is cricket part of the Olympic game ?

The Indian Olympic committee and the Indian Athletic association are suspended by their respective world governing bodies due to corruption.. So unless Indian authorities sort it out before the games India wont be represented let alone can thy hope for any medals in Rio

We are in the right direction. Now a days, many parents are encouraging kids to take up sports as a career. We are lacking in infrastructure.

But Indian Kids focus TOO MUCH on only one sport --> Cricket !

we are in the right direction,but in snail's pace. Parents do encourage their kids to follow sports but our governments,central or state don't give a sh!t.

But you have to start from somewhere...and a dream is the first step.

There are several doers in the field of sports and they get 'we don't care' attitude of officials.

But you have to start from somewhere...and a dream is the first step.

There are several doers in the field of sports and they get 'we don't care' attitude of officials.

"I hope I can get 100 more pounds of golds in the next Commonwealths Game." Woohoo!

The Indian Olympic committee and the Indian Athletic association are suspended by their respective world governing bodies due to corruption.. So unless Indian authorities sort it out before the games India wont be represented let alone can thy hope for any medals in Rio

India should be happy to be kicked out of the Olympics.
It will save them another embarrassment as they fail to win a gold medal.
Not a single gold medal for such a large country.
Pathetic country!

Pathetic country!

Pathetic country!

I only wish India is kicked out of the Olympics. It is a useless dick measuring contest useful only for nations with massive inferiority complex trying to prove to the rest of the world that they are good enough. :disagree:

At best its an circus entertainment.

'Shooting" ??? That's China strength
"Boxing" ??? Africans (Blacks) will bag all the Gold Medal
"Wrestling" ??? Either white people , Black people or Iranian will take the Gold medal home
"Archery" ??? White people or China will take the Gold

The best field for India to take the Gold is Cricket but is cricket part of the Olympic game ?

Do you have a comprehension problem?
I mentioned the sports where we are good (not the best), and all of those sports have many medals to offer. Your so called strong teams will win a good chunk of medals. But there are still some medals up for grabs. and shooting is one of such sport, where there the favorite to win loses most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom