What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

Servicing the front axles on the LX470:

LX470 Front Axle Service-4710.jpg

LX470 Front Axle Service-4711.jpg

LX470 Front Axle Service-4712.jpg

LX470 Front Axle Service-4713.jpg

I am looking for Land cruiser ...older model... let me know if find a good deal ...

Join Bring a Trailer:

The chassis can be re-engined with many options, easily, but for Pakistan, that may not be true.
Yes seen american swap LS motors.
Japanese engines are available in Pak but the newer 1GR or VD series are really expensive. Been quoted 1 mil for 1 GR and more for the VD.
So basically thats around 4+ million for a 80 resto mod.

Yes seen american swap LS motors.
Japanese engines are available in Pak but the newer 1GR or VD series are really expensive. Been quoted 1 mil for 1 GR and more for the VD.
So basically thats around 4+ million for a 80 resto mod.

Pakistan is a tough market for cars, modifications and even routine maintenance.

Pakistan is a tough market for cars, modifications and even routine maintenance.
Not necessarily - the amount of modifications including highly unsafe ones done in Pakistan outdoes the US.

But the general consumer market is at least 5 years behind India and a good 15 behind the US in terms of buyer discernment. Buying power however is limited to the top 5% who seem to be able to dole out cash easily for delivery dates 4 months down the road.

Ironically, that experience of having to wait for 6 months for a car is something America is experiencing due to the supply chain fiascos.

Not necessarily - the amount of modifications including highly unsafe ones done in Pakistan outdoes the US.

But the general consumer market is at least 5 years behind India and a good 15 behind the US in terms of buyer discernment. Buying power however is limited to the top 5% who seem to be able to dole out cash easily for delivery dates 4 months down the road.

Ironically, that experience of having to wait for 6 months for a car is something America is experiencing due to the supply chain fiascos.

The main differences you have highlighted are probably arising from the the market being captive (limited choices, high taxation, smuggling and mechanical ignorance) in Pakistan, and open in USA, which makes the difficulties endemic there but not here. Buyer discernment only develops from choices and resources being available over a period of time, as India shows the signs.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom