What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

Attachments

• 14233a23a128e8824ce9955777afef2f.jpg
    14233a23a128e8824ce9955777afef2f.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 18
eh if u guys really choose cars over ur gals, i feel sorry for y'all :tdown:

luv this ....chk the turbo sound...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercedes Planning Audi R8 Killer

Rumours are building of a Mercedes supercar to rival the forthcoming R8 from Audi.

German publication Auto Motor und Sport have released this rendering of what they think a possible Audi R8 killer will look like.

The article speculates that Mercedes could unveil the new mid-engined model sometime around 2010, with the entire production taking place at its AMG plant.

If we were Mercedes and wanted to build something to rival a Lamborghini based supercar, we’d ask McLaren to build it.

First Look: Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren - RENNTECH 777 Concept Car
Posted January 20 2009 08:30 AM by RimZ
Filed under: Auto News, Mercedes-Benz, Concept Cars

Just when you thought you'd seen the last of RENNTECH's work on the Mercedes SLR McLaren, the company is back tuning the supercar yet again, unveiling what they call the "777 Concept." The model is being introduced to celebrate the 20th anniversary of RENNTECH, and as such, it shows fantastically the magic RENNTECH-tuned models are capable of.

"This 777 concept is really an all-new car that makes use of the advanced carbon fiber chassis of the SLR McLaren. It can be described as a street-legal track car, or something closer to what the enthusiasts were hoping for from the SLR, originally - which is more a successor to the McLaren F1."

If you're interested, the first of the RENNTECH 777 concepts is being built now, with pricing available on request.

Seven hundred seventy-seven horsepower; a top speed of more than 210 miles-per-hour; extensive lightweight aerodynamic body components; and a limited production of just 20 units – this is just a sampling of what customers of the RENNTECH 777 concept have to look forward to.

Last edited:
2010 Detroit Auto Show: Media Days
By Jeff Voth, CarNews Media

Automotive journalists have the best job in the world. Not only do we get the opportunity to drive most vehicles before the public, but media days at the auto show offer the special occasion to see what’s coming in the next few months or even a year or two down the road.

Some manufacturers, such as Honda at this year’s 2010 NAIAS, even went so far as to talk about the year 2080 and what things could be like. Gene Roddenberry of Star Trek fame would have been proud.

What’s in store for us on the planet is amazing, especially if we all take the initiative at this time in history to manage our resources properly, while the automakers and energy companies continue to develop alternative means of propelling us from place to place. As the saying goes, “The futures so bright, we’re gonna need shades!”

Two days of press conferences quickly blur into automotive nirvana, but several highlights always manage to grab the attention of the assembled media hordes. Here are a few that deserve special attention from the 2010 North American International Auto Show at Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan.

2011 Ford Focus

Initial impressions of the 2011 Ford Focus can be summed up in one small word; Wow!

Personally, I am somewhat taken aback that Ford Motor Company has done such an incredible job of listening to what we as journalists and the public in general have been clamoring for these past few years. Unveiled in Detroit, what the world needs now takes shape in the form of the all-new Ford Focus sedan and 5 -door hatchback.

Built on Ford’s C-car platform, a total of ten different models and 2 million units of annual production by 2012 will share this as their common structure. The “One Ford” vehicle strategy is all-encompassing, as it reaches every market in which the company builds and sells automobiles.

The 2011 Ford Focus features an exterior shape designed as much for practicality as it is for the open road. Part of a complete family of automobiles set to capitalize on the C-car variants; the Focus captivates your imagination with sleek, sporty, stylish lines.

Power comes in the form of a new 2.0L I4 gasoline powered, fuel efficient engine. It features direct injection with twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT). Performance numbers are expected to be in the range of 155 horsepower and 145 lb.-ft of torque.

In my discussions with Ford representatives at the show, expectations are the 4-door sedan will be the favorite among American buyers. For whatever reason, hatchbacks have yet to catch on in the United States, though to the north in Canada, 5-door sales typically match or in some cases exceed those of the sedan. Whichever one you choose, the 2011 Ford Focus is a stunning achievement by the suddenly “on fire” automaker from Dearborn, Michigan.

Luxury Abounds in Detroit

Not all is small when it comes to new vehicles at the 2010 NAIAS. The 2011 Bentley Mulsanne, BMW 740i and 740iL, Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet, Cadillac XTS Platinum Concept and Lincoln MKX all made their much anticipated debuts in Detroit.

To sit in the 2011 Bentley Mulsanne is to enjoy the finest in interior design execution. The beauty of this impeccable automobile is in the details. A total of 114 paint colors, 21 carpet colors, 9 wood veneers and 24 interior leather hides provide the ultimate mobile canvas for Bentley owners to express their personal sense of style.

Heritage inspired dials and new glass-effect switches access the latest technologies designed to enhance the driver and passenger experience. A powerful, all-new V8 engine employs cylinder de-activation and variable cam phasing, a combination that can significantly reduce both fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.

When not focused on the incredible power available, iPod’s and MP3 players are easily connected with Bluetooth technology. There is even a 20-channel 2,200-watt premium audio system available for those demanding only the best. Priced at $285,000, the Bentley Mulsanne exceeds in every way possible.

The media presentation for the 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet was far-and-away the best at the event. A live band ushered in the sunshine on a cold January day in Detroit. Cameras clicked at the sight of the new E-Class Cabriolet making its grand entrance. Top down driving has reached new heights, attested by the hairstyles of the sunglass-wearing models on board.

One of the most interesting features of the new E-Class Cabriolet is the opportunity for all four passengers to ride in a wind-free passenger compartment. Featuring the AIRCAP electric wind deflector, turbulence is greatly reduced for overall comfort. In addition, the newest AIRSCARF heating system for front seat passengers provides the option for all-season driving. Removing the top is possible even when driving at speeds of up to 25 mph.

Two vehicles were on display at the 2010 NAIAS. The E350 Cabriolet features 268 hp, while the E550 Cabriolet tantalizes with 382 hp.

Surprises at Every Turn
Just when you think the show is over, a surprise comes along and nearly steals the show. Such was the case in the MEDC EcoXperience located in the lower floor of Cobo Center. It is here were consumers have the chance to drive several unique hybrid vehicles on a man-made quarter-mile indoor ride-and-drive test track.

Of particular interest to me was my first experience behind the wheel of the two-person Tango Electric Car. At a mere 41 inches wide, it will accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4 seconds reaching a top speed of 150 mph. The fun never stops in Detroit.

Conclusion

The 2010 North American International Auto Show, while smaller in several ways than in the past, is still one of the preeminent auto shows in the world. With numerous worldwide introductions and several first-time reveals in North America, now that the media has left the building, it is certain to be well attended by the public. Enjoy the show!

Back
Top Bottom