What's new

I don’t want to expand into poor countries like India and Spain.”- Snapchat CEO

gdp per capita is what actually matters. Infact it is very low for India. The people sure do have optimism as your post proved though.
Context Of the thread is Nation as whole Not people's poverty.

there is poverty driven & homeless people in western societies aswell So It put it out

gdp per capita is what actually matters. Infact it is very low for India. The people sure do have optimism as your post proved though.

Snapchat revenue model is not based on subscription. It is based on ads. And revenue from ads depends on number of people who use the app. If twitter, facebook and google can thrive on ads from India, I see no reason why snapchat cannot make loads of money.

Anyway, Indians have become highly nationalistic. The whole reaction from Indians is uncalled for. Have you observed he calls Spain poor too.

Context Of the thread is Nation as whole Not people's poverty.

there is poverty driven & homeless people in western societies aswell So It put it out
But there is more poverty in India. Pakistan is no different. Why not get off your high horse and admit India is a poor country? Whats the point in denying when everyone knows and can see.

Snapchat revenue model is not based on subscription. It is based on ads. And revenue from ads depends on number of people who use the app. If twitter, facebook and google can thrive on ads from India, I see no reason why snapchat cannot make loads of money.

Anyway, Indians have become highly nationalistic. The whole reaction from Indians is uncalled for. Have you observed he calls Spain poor too.
Spain is only poor by European standards. Malaysia has a gdp per capita lower than spain and he would call it poor too. It depends on what standard you set as "poor". For example the poverty of Central African Republic or DROC (Zaire) would be far more than the poverty of India. In their terms India is a relatively low side of a poor country. But according to European standards not only India but all of South Asia is dirt poor. The richest country, Sri Lanka has a gdp per capita around 8000 (PPP), so it is poor too.

I believe though that Indians calling themselves anything other than poor is deluding themselves. I would say the same thing about Pakistan. For godsake in Lucknow people are sleeping on the streets, unable to afford a home and they are saying we are rich. lol. Its the same in Karachi. Get out at 2 3 am at night and you will see people all over the footpaths.

Whats the problem when someone says something that is completely true? Isn't India a poor country.

Lets assume India is poor, under this context as well such loose remarks from a popular platform CEO is totally uncalled for, out of 1bn people it's totally acceptable that 0.2% might outrage which is what happened in democracy people are free to express themselves.

Coming to your sarcastic remark, If we say India is poor(forget about top 6 economy, performing GDP and healthy growing stable reserves) what you will say Pakistan is? Poor divided by Infinity?

But there is more poverty in India. Pakistan is no different. Why not get off your high horse and admit India is a poor country? Whats the point in denying when everyone knows and can see.
Did you have figures To prove It That India is Poor, Not again People And Nation is two different entity

India Is Member of G20 ,brics ,MTCR Shows it global dominance

A National power is judged by its Economy and Resources index

Lets assume India is poor, under this context as well such loose remarks from a popular platform CEO is totally uncalled for, out of 1bn people it's totally acceptable that 0.2% might outrage which is what happened in democracy people are free to express themselves.

Coming to your sarcastic remark, If we say India is poor(forget about top 6 economy, performing GDP and healthy growing stable reserves) what you will say Pakistan is? Poor divided by Infinity?

I knew you was going to compare Pakistan that's that Indian approach just can't help stay on topic - reality is India has high poverty will you not accept that? He even called Spain poor so what's your point

The problem here isnt that what he says is wrong, india has an enormous amount of people in abject grinding poverty and is indeed a poor country by any standards.

Its that he has slapped the indian notions of grandeur in the face and thats whats got the indians all uppity

In their mind they are a supa pawa so someone calling them poor makes them soil themselves in indignation

Did you have figures To prove It That India is Poor, Not again People And Nation is two different entity

India Is Member of G20 ,brics ,MTCR Shows it global dominance

A National power is judged by its Economy and Resources index
This is hilarious. Now you need figures to convince what anyone can see, that India is poor.

Well here are statistics:

• 50% of Indians don’t have proper shelter;
  • 70% don’t have access to decent toilets (which inspires a multitude of bacteria to host their own disease party);
  • 35% of households don’t have a nearby water source;
  • 85% of villages don’t have a secondary school (how can this be the same government claiming 9% annual growth?);
  • Over 40% of these same villages don’t have proper roads connecting them.
https://www.poverties.org/blog/poverty-in-india

I have doubts this will convince you either. Anyone can see India is a poor country. It may be slowly getting out of poverty but will do so in decades. Still a lot of poverty there.

Spain is only poor by European standards. Malaysia has a gdp per capita lower than spain and he would call it poor too. It depends on what standard you set as "poor". For example the poverty of Central African Republic or DROC (Zaire) would be far more than the poverty of India. In their terms India is a relatively low side of a poor country. But according to European standards not only India but all of South Asia is dirt poor. The richest country, Sri Lanka has a gdp per capita around 8000 (PPP), so it is poor too.

I believe though that Indians calling themselves anything other than poor is deluding themselves. I would say the same thing about Pakistan. For godsake in Lucknow people are sleeping on the streets, unable to afford a home and they are saying we are rich. lol. Its the same in Karachi. Get out at 2 3 am at night and you will see people all over the footpaths.

Indians know that they are a poor country. But someone rich from a rich country calling them poor is different. It is more of reaction for 'ignoring' them just because they are poor.

Overall, India may be a poor country, but there are pockets of riches that exceeds the so called rich countries in wealth(Because India has a huge population). If you take the pockets of the riches in India, in number they exceeds GDPs of many rich countries.

I knew you was going to compare Pakistan that's that Indian approach just can't help stay on topic - reality is India has high poverty will you not accept that? He even called Spain poor so what's your point

We don't cheerlead for others like you bunch, my point was about remark form an CEO and to address Sarcastic tone of post, never said India does not have poor, where on earth you wont find poverty? and for god sake our government is working day and night to address those issue.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom