What's new

I don't like Zia-ul-Haq... but this interview was amazing

@Sharpshooter12

Nice way to divert from the problem. Gen. Zia is just a bogeyman for you which you use whenevr it suits you. Please read history again the armed militias became the norm in the 90s, esp. under PPP rule. Sectarian organizations from both sects were strengthened and patronised. PPP pathetic governance and their feudal politicians in need of support helped both sides of the militias. Gen. Zia made mistakes but can't blame the violence post 1988 on him or his policy. Ifhe ignored or supported MQM, the next army chief did operation against them also. None of the politicians ever showed any leadership. I've in both those eras, PAkistan despite suffering from war in Afghanistan was way better economically and image wise than post 1988. Pakistan had a strong middle class and was fantastic in terms of law and order and governance. There was no corruption issues in basic services. Gen. Zia completed the Tarbela dam project and reduced power shortage. Someone needs to write how Peoples Party destroyed Paksitan thru corruption
Certain ignorant try to blame everything on Zia on this stupid excuse he satrted it, well sorry don't blame PPP crap and governance on him and re-read history first.

Its the nukes that are keeping them at bay, hakikat is that even without these armed militias we will be able to take care of our enemies so these militias are nothing but a liability and I don't see the hikmet of their creation.
Sometimes, plan B might be the only option left...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom