What's new

I Came, I Saw, I Ruined

Free Soul

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I Came, I Saw, I Ruined

Internet just because of its nature enables everybody to express their individual ideas without restriction. Where this relatively new phenomenon gives everyone amongst us freedom, an aura of liberation, but it also very often becomes a nuisance when trolls and spammers take over the world.
For an intellectually challenged dullard it only takes random key presses on a keyboard to contaminate a healthy-debatable topic.
This phenomenon becomes even more worrying when a conniving hateful person takes on the job.
The objective of this Internet crusader is more devious than a common dullard.
The objective to Stifle and suffocate debate rather than engage and partake in healthy discussion.

Arsenal
Spamming with incoherent posts/messages, what works for them is their population on web.
These internet warriors look for material that can be used against their so called enemies in any way possible – even if there is no correlation what so ever. There is a mythification and Demonization of an enemy.

How these morons Stifle and suffocate any worthy discussion is by spamming and vomiting out gibberish.

It is very evident that because of its nature internet is overcrowded with trolls – and there was no way that this forum would be spared from the worst of the kind and their wrath - ‘the Indian Trolls’

Sagarika Ghose (Columnist, journalist - The Indian Express, Hindustan Times) coined the term ‘The Internet Hindu’
She describes this phenomenon and culture.
This twitter and internet community that exists in the web sphere is very well organized, with strong emphasis on of Hindu nationalism.
Paranoid with certain issues such as minorities and Pakistan.
They will attack you if you differ from them, and would call you names such as Pseudo secular, liberal, Traitor.
Very Islamophobic and anti liberal

Sagarika Ghose had to block on Twitter those who aggressively and often abusively commented on her "pseudo-secular thoughts".
"The ones I came across are defined by their total hatred for Muslims, Pakistan, so-called pseudosecular journalists and activist women. Narendra Modi is their hero," Ghose said, when asked why she blocked them.

Simply put - They are out to own the web

This species has its counterparts in the form of internet Jihadis etc. etc. There is no difference to tell amongst this class.

An episode of The Stream – Al Jazeera, "Internet Hindus" caught in online frays

The Stream - "Internet Hindus" Caught in Online Frays - YouTube

This forum just being run by the most favoured nation of the ‘Internet Hindu’ gets special attention and consideration.

References:
"Internet Hindus" caught in online frays | The Stream - Al Jazeera English
Meet the Internet Hindus

Nice read sir!
very informative article!

I think we are having the same species here on our forum as well but due to strict rules and there executions with mods, thankfully, the numbers and damage is limited!

what Indian's need to realize is that this above article is not particularly for any one member but in general.
we respect the multinational presence on this forum and are all working together to create and healthy discussion forum!!

regards!

Stifle and suffocate debate rather than engage and partake in healthy discussion.

Sagarika Ghose herself does this by shouting down the panelists on her own anchored program "Face-the-Nation" on CNN-IBN owned by her hubby Rajdeep sardesai and is being accused of using doctored tapes..She happens to be called Jurno called her husband owns the channel otherwise she is just like loud mouth Pakistani jurno Meher bukhari.

But husband truly a gujarati bania bahes hindus on cnnibn and bashes muslims and pakistan in "firstpost"print media in order to earn from both parties.

Some of the jurons are more hated Like those of barkha dutt of ndtv ,rajdeep sardesai,M.K. Venu, senior business journalist,Prabhu Chawla editor of India Today magazine,Vir Sanghvi, Hindustan Times advisory editorial director,Ranjan Bhattacharya (foster son-in-law of former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee) etc..., after their names came up in Radia tapes which exposed multi billion dollars 2G spectrum scam.Thats why people can see twiteratti spamming these jurno online as virtual media makes them to voice their anger.

These jurno use the muslim issues as cloak to save their skin so having zero creditibility among any indian.

I wonder how many of So called internet hindus(term coined by) are muslims themselves.:D

I must praise the participants of the program for having the courage to speak out.
the world, including the Muslims day and night criticise and loathe the Islamic fanaticism but coyly look away the NON-Muslim versions of it

there is a thin line between.. absolute nationalism... extreme nationalism.... to fanaticism.

7.5% of Indians have internet access to Internet, what effect does such so called internet hindus have???

Nice read sir!
very informative article!

I think we are having the same species here on our forum as well but due to strict rules and there executions with mods, thankfully, the numbers and damage is limited!

what Indian's need to realize is that this above article is not particularly for any one member but in general.
we respect the multinational presence on this forum and are all working together to create and healthy discussion forum!!

regards!

@ bolded part> completely agree

moderators have and are doing great job of controlling trolls

however, completely controlling trolls is beyond abilities of mods

they cant keep eye on every thread and therefore all sane members on PDF should refrain from trolling and discourage trolling

7.5% of Indians have internet access to Internet, what effect does such so called internet hindus have???

not all Indians having access to internet are internet Hindus

and regardless of effect, misusing the power internet to achieve own's selfish interests is wrong, regardless of religion of such users

not all Indians having access to internet are internet Hindus

and regardless of effect, misusing the power internet to achieve own's selfish interests is wrong, regardless of religion of such users

The lady who coined the term never heard of "trolls"

@ bolded part> completely agree

moderators have and are doing great job of controlling trolls

however, completely controlling trolls is beyond abilities of mods

they cant keep eye on every thread and therefore all sane members on PDF should refrain from trolling and discourage trolling

Agreed on the bold part, check out the following thread and the behaviour pattern of some members, it went to four pages before being closed.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/198469-china-bans-ramadan-east-turkestan.html

First of all, OP you posted a good video to discuss "Internet Hindu".

All three guests made valid points.

First of all, I want to discourage trolls not to post here and ask MODS to give severe infractions on this thread. We can discuss one of the emerging ideaology in India which may have effect not only in the region but also in the world in years to come.

I agree with Swami that people and especially media is discussing Internet Hindus and maligning other rational Hindus. Even on this thread, many posters are called Internet Hindus and its done by Senior Members too.

Why there is no discussion on video posted on this forum where Taliban, Islamic fundamentalists blow up the entire US base and preach violence. Where are these posters when they should post against this ideology. Internet Hindus are not blowing people up, why they are target at much intensity.

Secondly, Swami also raised the point which pastes a stark picture of hypocrisy. When people died in Godhara, everyone from then on has been bringing that incident in each and every thread. Why they don't bring the decline of Hindus in Bangladesh for example, where 32% Hindus are now limited to 7%. Why not raise voice against them. Why don't Pakistani and Chinese posters pounce on them rather than calling us Internet Hindus. Why they create uproar against Rohingyans but not about hindus. Are the lives of Muslims are more valuable than Hindus and vice versa.

Don't preach tolerance to us when you can't tolerate others. If minorities in India are backward, its not because of discrimination alone, the portion of it is very less. GO and look any Muslim majority village or town in India. You will see the problem is due to population, weak governance and corruption.

Come to my village where all are Hindus and they are backward just because of the same reasons mentioned above. Should they start protesting and cleans our society of minorities so that they can have opportunities.?

Why some Islamic republics grow way better than others? Is there some discrimination existing in their country among muslims?

People teach us secularism, call us pseudo-secularist while living in a country whose creation was based on religious intolerance expressed by Two Nation Theory.

There are 180 million Muslims in India, did they grew in number due to so called discrimination. One of my prof. is a Muslim. Kalam
is a Muslim but people quote Shabana- Javed example.

Swami is also right about no media coverage of Kashmiri Pandits who are leaving as refugees driven out of their state while hindu dominant state haven't exiled them out. (the muslim population )?

Swami is also right about values but HE IS COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT PREACHING EVERY MINORITY THAT THEIR ANCESTORS WERE HINDUS.

Tagging all hindus on internet as IH is discrimination based on prejudice itself. How are you different from IH?

You have your own basis of nation we have ours. Why question ours when you can't tolerate words against yours?

No one is questioning your past, history and everything but shouldn't we look at more severe issues. Replying these IH is enabling them to increase their intensity and frequency.

Swami also raised a good point that you were the ruling class for over a thousand years, why are people blaming Hindus for their poor living condition. Don't Hindus face discrimination based on caste etc. A student with 1450/1600 score doesn't get admission in Surgery but reserved caste student with 700/1600 gets easily.

Why people are not questioning the discrimination Hindus are facing by the shear politics based on caste?

Most of Hindus in India don't hate Muslims, they hate the reservation SC/ST and OBC have. They are simply frustrated because of this.

Before calling us Internet Hindus and maligning us, first discuss our plight in our country itself and in Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Stop demonizing us when others are doing same to preach their religion. On national channel Hindu boy conversion to Islam was shown. Is this we have to tolerate everywhere?

P.S. No offence intended. Ready for healthy debate not some cheap shots.

So how do you differentiate between an Internet Hindu and non-Internet Hindu/ Internet non-Hindu/ non-Internet non-Hindu varieties as it's subjective varies based on accuser's prejudice, someone who is Internet Hindu to Sagarika may not be the same to someone else.

I for myself, don't like branding people with a tag based on what they comment in internet although I have been called "sicular", "pseudo sicular", "secular vulture", "hinduvta" and last but not the least "Internet Hindu".

The lady who coined the term never heard of "trolls"

Yep, trolling is very much a cult these days.

It don't matter what religion they are. The Order of the Trolls is a global cult! And they are everywhere!

I for myself, don't like branding people with a tag based on what they comment in internet although I have been called "sicular", "pseudo sicular", "secular vulture", "hinduvta" and last but not the least "Internet Hindu".

I believe the term "sickular" was coined by Kobirazz in this very forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom