What's new

I.C.C (it hurt me so much)

Kamal to take due action against ICC

Minhaz Uddin Khan

International Cricket Council (ICC) president AHM Mostafa Kamal will take proper action against the organisation as he was not allowed to hand over the ICC 2015 Cricket World Cup trophy to champions Australia after the finale in Melbourne.

According to the ICC constitution, the president will "present trophies at global competitions" but Kamal's moment was stolen by none other than ICC chairman Narayanswami Srinivasan as the Indian, booed to the podium, handed over the trophy to Australia captain Michael Clarke. What irked the general public was that the ICC did not even maintain the smallest courtesy of inviting Kamal to the presentation party.

“I am very disappointed to see this and I will consult with the relative authorities once I return to Dhaka and make a strong decision on this,” Kamal told the media on Sunday. "I will also take legal action if needed."

Meanwhile, a Kolkata based daily reported it was a preplanned move. It said, “Srinivasan, the ICC chairman, had decided that he and not ICC president Kamal would give away the World Cup to the winning captain where as the ICC's constitution clearly states that the president will present trophies at global competitions.”

It was during Jagmohan Dalmiya's tenure (1997-2000) that the ICC president started to give away the World Cup. The first presentation was in the 1999 edition.

The report also said Srinivasan usurped Kamal's role during an "informal" meeting of the ICC's board members held in Melbourne on Saturday.

The former Bangladesh Cricket Board president Kamal protested, citing the constitution, but he was left isolated.

Bangladesh's minister for planning Kamal, the first president after the ICC's restructuring, has three months of his one-year term left.

- See more at:

Kamal to take due action against ICC | Dhaka Tribune

Kamal to take due action against ICC

Minhaz Uddin Khan

International Cricket Council (ICC) president AHM Mostafa Kamal will take proper action against the organisation as he was not allowed to hand over the ICC 2015 Cricket World Cup trophy to champions Australia after the finale in Melbourne.

According to the ICC constitution, the president will "present trophies at global competitions" but Kamal's moment was stolen by none other than ICC chairman Narayanswami Srinivasan as the Indian, booed to the podium, handed over the trophy to Australia captain Michael Clarke. What irked the general public was that the ICC did not even maintain the smallest courtesy of inviting Kamal to the presentation party.

“I am very disappointed to see this and I will consult with the relative authorities once I return to Dhaka and make a strong decision on this,” Kamal told the media on Sunday. "I will also take legal action if needed."

Meanwhile, a Kolkata based daily reported it was a preplanned move. It said, “Srinivasan, the ICC chairman, had decided that he and not ICC president Kamal would give away the World Cup to the winning captain where as the ICC's constitution clearly states that the president will present trophies at global competitions.”

It was during Jagmohan Dalmiya's tenure (1997-2000) that the ICC president started to give away the World Cup. The first presentation was in the 1999 edition.

The report also said Srinivasan usurped Kamal's role during an "informal" meeting of the ICC's board members held in Melbourne on Saturday.

The former Bangladesh Cricket Board president Kamal protested, citing the constitution, but he was left isolated.

Bangladesh's minister for planning Kamal, the first president after the ICC's restructuring, has three months of his one-year term left.

- See more at:

Kamal to take due action against ICC | Dhaka Tribune

Disciplinary action should have been taken against Mostafa Kamal long back, it's not too late though. He needs to be sued also for bringing baseless allegations and bribary charges against the umpires, ICC & BCCI.

12:00 AM, March 30, 2015 /

Kamal questions ICC role

Sports Reporter

Amidst Australia's magical moments in Melbourne yesterday, the International Cricket Council (ICC), in an anti-climax, allowed its chairman Narayanswami Srinivasan to hand over the World Cup trophy to Michael Clarke, a task supposed to be undertaken by its sitting president AHM Mustafa Kamal.

As per the ICC constitution it is the president who is supposed to give away the trophy to the winning captain.

The practice is one that has been followed since the 1999 World Cup. However to the dismay of many in Bangladesh's cricketing fraternity, that opportunity was taken away from the president allegedly due to the ill-advised comments Kamal, a former Bangladesh Cricket Board president, made following the Bangladesh-India quarterfinal.

Kamal, who was not even on the stage during the post-match presentation and also wasn't given a place in the president's box, described the move as unconstitutional.

"According to the constitution it is my responsibility to hand over the trophy. This [move] speaks of the integrity of the institution. I don't want to say much now because there are legal issues here. However once I return to Bangladesh, I will, through the media, let the whole cricketing community know as to what's happening in the ICC," a distraught Kamal told The Daily Star over his cell phone from Melbourne yesterday.

"I would have probably been giving the trophy to the champions today [Sunday] but for that I would have had to betray my country. You all know why I wasn't able to give the trophy. That's because I spoke on behalf of my country; I spoke for cricket; I spoke for the ICC. That is the reason why I couldn't give the trophy," he added.

Earlier Kamal had criticised some questionable umpiring decisions in the quarterfinal clash between Bangladesh and India. He described the umpiring as 'poor' and also accused the umpires of having 'an agenda' during the game. He was particularly harsh on a no-ball decision that went against Bangladesh and also criticised the ICC for churning out phrases on the screens at the ground during the game that supported India.

"I think that the fact that I couldn't give the trophy today [Sunday] won't tarnish Bangladesh's image. On the contrary it will lift our image. The people who have done this job have shown how small they can get," said Kamal.

"I am not against any country. All I did was point out the wrongdoings. There are times when you have to put pressure for the right things to happen. That is what I did," he added.

It was learnt that the decision to usurp Kamal's role was taken during a quickly-arranged 'informal' meeting on Saturday afternoon with Srinivasan, who actually did not like Kamal's outburst but refrained from making any comment publicly, pulling all the strings. According to sources, Kamal was asked to explain about his conduct (outburst) in the meeting and was then asked to leave quite unceremoniously, when his conduct was to be discussed. He was also supposedly asked to provide a written explanation.

Despite communicating with the ICC media manager Samiul Hassan via email, The Daily Star could not get any official response on this sensitive issue.

"This wasn't even an official meeting. I was informed that I had to meet the chairman 45 minutes prior to the meeting. If it was an official meeting then a proper announcement would have been made at the ICC's office," remarked Kamal.

BCB president Nazmul Hassan Papon, who is now in Melbourne, had confirmed that he didn't attend the meeting. He had further confirmed that it was in the meeting that Kamal's role was seized by the ICC chairman.

While Kamal's comments, alleging that the umpires had 'pre-decided' some of their decisions were uncalled for, the recent episode however, further reflects the power dynamics in the ICC. It was an unexpected move that questions the roots of the organisation that governs the system.

Kamal, the first president after the ICC's restructuring, has three months of his one-year term left.

http://www.thedailys...-icc-role-74515

12:00 AM, March 30, 2015 /

Kamal questions ICC role

Sports Reporter

Amidst Australia's magical moments in Melbourne yesterday, the International Cricket Council (ICC), in an anti-climax, allowed its chairman Narayanswami Srinivasan to hand over the World Cup trophy to Michael Clarke, a task supposed to be undertaken by its sitting president AHM Mustafa Kamal.

As per the ICC constitution it is the president who is supposed to give away the trophy to the winning captain.

The practice is one that has been followed since the 1999 World Cup. However to the dismay of many in Bangladesh's cricketing fraternity, that opportunity was taken away from the president allegedly due to the ill-advised comments Kamal, a former Bangladesh Cricket Board president, made following the Bangladesh-India quarterfinal.

Kamal, who was not even on the stage during the post-match presentation and also wasn't given a place in the president's box, described the move as unconstitutional.

"According to the constitution it is my responsibility to hand over the trophy. This [move] speaks of the integrity of the institution. I don't want to say much now because there are legal issues here. However once I return to Bangladesh, I will, through the media, let the whole cricketing community know as to what's happening in the ICC," a distraught Kamal told The Daily Star over his cell phone from Melbourne yesterday.

"I would have probably been giving the trophy to the champions today [Sunday] but for that I would have had to betray my country. You all know why I wasn't able to give the trophy. That's because I spoke on behalf of my country; I spoke for cricket; I spoke for the ICC. That is the reason why I couldn't give the trophy," he added.

Earlier Kamal had criticised some questionable umpiring decisions in the quarterfinal clash between Bangladesh and India. He described the umpiring as 'poor' and also accused the umpires of having 'an agenda' during the game. He was particularly harsh on a no-ball decision that went against Bangladesh and also criticised the ICC for churning out phrases on the screens at the ground during the game that supported India.

"I think that the fact that I couldn't give the trophy today [Sunday] won't tarnish Bangladesh's image. On the contrary it will lift our image. The people who have done this job have shown how small they can get," said Kamal.

"I am not against any country. All I did was point out the wrongdoings. There are times when you have to put pressure for the right things to happen. That is what I did," he added.

It was learnt that the decision to usurp Kamal's role was taken during a quickly-arranged 'informal' meeting on Saturday afternoon with Srinivasan, who actually did not like Kamal's outburst but refrained from making any comment publicly, pulling all the strings. According to sources, Kamal was asked to explain about his conduct (outburst) in the meeting and was then asked to leave quite unceremoniously, when his conduct was to be discussed. He was also supposedly asked to provide a written explanation.

Despite communicating with the ICC media manager Samiul Hassan via email, The Daily Star could not get any official response on this sensitive issue.

"This wasn't even an official meeting. I was informed that I had to meet the chairman 45 minutes prior to the meeting. If it was an official meeting then a proper announcement would have been made at the ICC's office," remarked Kamal.

BCB president Nazmul Hassan Papon, who is now in Melbourne, had confirmed that he didn't attend the meeting. He had further confirmed that it was in the meeting that Kamal's role was seized by the ICC chairman.

While Kamal's comments, alleging that the umpires had 'pre-decided' some of their decisions were uncalled for, the recent episode however, further reflects the power dynamics in the ICC. It was an unexpected move that questions the roots of the organisation that governs the system.

Kamal, the first president after the ICC's restructuring, has three months of his one-year term left.

http://www.thedailys...-icc-role-74515

First he tarnishes ICC's reputation as a sitting president, then he starts whining about not getting a chance to present trophies in the same ICC event, what a moron!

First he tarnishes ICC's reputation as a sitting president, then he starts whining about not getting a chance to present trophies in the same ICC event, what a moron!

Moron or not - this flap will result in some changes. Who will take the fall? By initiating this flap (if the match-fixing allegations are true) - this Srinivasan fellow has started an International incident and hazards setting foot in this country. He is a proven crook (see post 154)....

Cricket is worth big money and big politics. Bad Move.

And the person you call a Moron runs a conglomerate in Bangladesh worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Last I checked - it takes at least matching net worth to call someone a Moron.

If Bangladesh decides to pull out of the ICC and form a separate Council (without India) then that is not a desirable outcome for anyone (immature comments notwithstanding). This is far from a 'sore loser' scenario.

If 160 Million people are single-minded about something (including our prime minister) then you cannot ignore it.

Umpire Dar 'out' for no-ball call in India-Bangladesh QF? - Rediff.com Cricket

Last edited:
http://www.firstpost...ne-2179151.html

The God and the godfather: Twitter erupts after Srinivasan gets booed at Melbourne

After Australia's sweeping victory on Sunday, when Mark Nicholas read out the names of those on the dais, ICC chairman and former BCCI president N Srinivasan was welcomed with a bellowing "boo" from the audience at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Nicholas was smart enough to quickly introduce the next guest -- Sachin Tendulkar. The boos turned to cheers and no one cared about Srinivasan.

Breaching the ICC's constitution, which mandated that ICC president AHM Mustafa Kamal give away the cup, Srinivasan decided to give away the trophy himself.

According to a report in The Telegraph, Srinivasan was not too happy after Kamal — a Bangladesh minister — criticised about the "substandard" umpiring during the India-Bangladesh quarter-final.

But keeping Srinivasan's lust for power and position aside, social media's reaction to Sachin Tendulkar and N Srinivasan sharing the same stage was epic. If Srinivasan had any illusions about his reputation, they were surely put to rest.

Srinivasan is an established chor ideally suited to lead Indian CHEATING Council.

http://en.wikipedia....i/N._Srinivasan

ll
The God and the godfather: Twitter erupts after Srinivasan gets booed at Melbourne

After Australia's sweeping victory..........

Srinivasan is an established chor ideally suited to lead Indian CHEATING Council.

After the 'Betting Scheme'----for which investigation was ordered by Indian Supreme Court in March 2014---Srinivasan has managed now his complete disgrace in addition to disgracing cricket, in the process. Further, he successfully gave the credence to the newest name of ICC as above. Who knows what newest 'betting scheme' he might be scheming ICC ?

Present state of ICC and its umpiring practice & standard are matters of concern for all cricket fans world-wide---who have love for 'pure' cricket----not for cricket adultereted with 'unethical business scheme'.

10403090_1376524442366154_6826652157559895437_n.jpg
10352882_1376718449013420_7632253958737827516_n.jpg

Firstly, Raina's wicket ...law says the sim divides ball in half...and if ball pitched outside off stump its not out...more than half of the ball outside the off stump...hence correct decision. (READ THE RULES YOU ILLITERATE)
Secondly, Alim Dar f*cked it....it was not a NO Ball.....and finally the catch by Shikhar Dhawan is a clean and genuine catch...cry me a river. Get accustomed with cricketing laws "LUNGIS"...'Benefit of the doubt now with the fielder'

ICC clarifies rules regarding catches and run-outs | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

THE DAY INDIA HAS TO CHEAT TO WIN AGAINST BANGLADESH THAT IS WHEN THEY SHOULD STOP PLAYING CRICKET...

Last edited:
Moron or not - this flap will result in some changes. Who will take the fall? By initiating this flap (if the match-fixing allegations are true) - this Srinivasan fellow has started an International incident and hazards setting foot in this country. He is a proven crook (see post 154)....

Cricket is worth big money and big politics. Bad Move.

That was actually a good move, I am in favour of terminating Mustafa Kamal and slap a few defamation cases against him. He must face the consequences of blabbering nonsense.

And the person you call a Moron runs a conglomerate in Bangladesh worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Last I checked - it takes at least matching net worth to call someone a Moron.

Where did you check such stupid logic? Don't check that thing for anything in future!

If Bangladesh decides to pull out of the ICC and form a separate Council (without India) then that is not a desirable outcome for anyone (immature comments notwithstanding). This is far from a 'sore loser' scenario.

If 160 Million people are single-minded about something (including our prime minister) then you cannot ignore it.

Umpire Dar 'out' for no-ball call in India-Bangladesh QF? - Rediff.com Cricket

I hope you realize that in cricket Bangladesh is a light weight who barely deserves to be considered as a test playing team, and in the world of international politics Bangladesh is almost invisible, a feather weight. However, I have noticed that many Bangladeshis are dreaming about replacing ICC with a governing body of their own, and I wish them all good luck!

Why are you giving so much importance to these bangladeshis? Neither are they a good team nor do they have any clout in ICC. Let them sulk in a corner and weep all day.

Why the heck are we still discussing this? :omghaha::omghaha:

Keep them weeping :cray:

ll

After Australia's sweeping victory..........

After the 'Betting Scheme'----for which investigation was ordered by Indian Supreme Court in March 2014---Srinivasan has managed now his complete disgrace in addition to disgracing cricket, in the process. Further, he successfully gave the credence to the newest name of ICC as above. Who knows what newest 'betting scheme' he might be scheming ICC ?

Present state of ICC and its umpiring practice & standard are matters of concern for all cricket fans world-wide---who have love for 'pure' cricket----not for cricket adultereted with 'unethical business scheme'.

Are you even awake? ROFLOL!!

You want to say bangladesh will walk out from ICC and create a separate cricket council? :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Who will play in bangladesh cricket council? And your team is a bunch of such sorry losers then even in "BCC" bangladesh will fail to win any matches. Nobody is going to miss the sad and pathetic team called bangladesh if they walk out from ICC. If anything bangladesh SHOULD BE KICKED OUT from ICC. More deserving teams like Ireland, Netherlands, Kenya, Scotland are waiting for their chance.

Allowing test status to a loser team was the biggest mistake of ICC. 40 years of ODI and no trophy won, 15 years of test cricket and no series won.

bangladesh could not manage their 4th rate T20 league. And here they are talking about opening a separate council.

After Australia's sweeping victory on Sunday, when Mark Nicholas read out the names of those on the dais, ICC chairman and former BCCI president N Srinivasan was welcomed with a bellowing "boo" from the audience at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Nicholas was smart enough to quickly introduce the next guest -- Sachin Tendulkar. The boos turned to cheers and no one cared about Srinivasan.

Breaching the ICC's constitution, which mandated that ICC president AHM Mustafa Kamal give away the cup, Srinivasan decided to give away the trophy himself.

According to a report in The Telegraph, Srinivasan was not too happy after Kamal — a Bangladesh minister — criticised about the "substandard" umpiring during the India-Bangladesh quarter-final.

But keeping Srinivasan's lust for power and position aside, social media's reaction to Sachin Tendulkar and N Srinivasan sharing the same stage was epic. If Srinivasan had any illusions about his reputation, they were surely put to rest.

Lol, seems like you dont why people booed him?

Back
Top Bottom