What's new

I am an Indian who came to Pakistan for the Track II dialogue. Here's what I think We need

The second paragraph is the perception problem that Indians have been so utterly brainwashed into that any peace ideas for them are self sabotaging
Not at all It’s a statement of fact.

Peace is an unquestionable necessity & our region needs it more than any other. Op Gibraltar, Kargil & Mumbai ,Abbottabad etc leaves no doubt in Indian minds that GOP Rawalpindi calls the shots not GOP Islamabad

We’d be happy if it’s the other way round

Not at all It’s a statement of fact.

Peace is an unquestionable necessity & our region needs it more than any other. Op Gibraltar, Kargil & Mumbai ,Abbottabad etc leaves no doubt in Indian minds that GOP Rawalpindi calls the shots not GOP Islamabad
So the only way you will accept Pakistan is if it is a militarily hapless eunuch?

A strong military in Pakistan that can stand up to yours is not acceptable for peace?

So the only way you will accept Pakistan is if it is a militarily hapless eunuch?

A strong military in Pakistan that can stand up to yours is not acceptable for peace?
No , all nations need a military & militaries must be strong. The sheer tactical brainlessness of the instances quoted by me in my previous post can happen when an immature General runs the show , rides rough shod over the laws of the land ,does not think it through & proceeds at the detriment of the nation.

A civilian Govt would not allow the same mistake to be repeated again &again even after losing one part of the nation.

We would love to accept Pak as a friendly neighbour who shares common problems & could find answers together

None of us had a hand in the geographical boundaries we inherited nor can any one change it. To accept & move on is the answer. That’s where the interest of PA kicks in ..loss of relevance, loss of a captive constituency , clout etc

There is so much more to say & discuss but would be outside the ambit of this thread

There is a very good Punjabi proverb, for the kind of arguments, which most of the Gangadeshis bring to fore, in respect of relations between Pakistan and India:

"Mun haraami, tay hujataan taihr"

But a lot of the Pakistani populace seems to want friendship.

And if you look close enough you will find Indians also having the same peaceful sentiment.

PDF can play a good role towards this end.

Listen to this prank by RJ Naved from Radio Mirchi.

I want to meet Salman Haider, the creator of the poem Main bhi kaafir, tu bhi kaafir.

I want to meet the Laal band.

I want to listen live to Hina Nasrullah singing Heer even though I don't know Punjabi.

I want to sit in the Monal hillside restaurant in Islamabad.

I want to listen live in studio to Khalid Baig singing Jab bhi yeh dil udaas hota hai.

@Levina @Zibago @RealNapster @haviZsultan @Mentee @Moonlight

The Jamahirs want peace.

Maybe I am a coward because I don't want war.

There is even a project called "India Pakistan Soldiers' Initiative for peace" :

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Jamahir, its not cowardice to call a "zulm" a "zulm" which is why I respect you and see as someone I want to work with in the future. Okay, they somehow the RAW hated me. But what did my family and relatives do?

What India has done deserves RAW and the military machine to be punished and I promise I will do this through the legal channels. This is what a I say after what happened to him, let alone anyone else.

Also if my people do something wrong I will openly say it. Particularly we messed up in 1971 with Bengal. I am not unreasonable. Your country has become a tyrant. And even you will have to choose a side one day. I hate to say it and put you in this position. There's nothing wrong with loving India as an Indian but this country has gone rogue.

And be careful not to trust any video. Videos can very well be doctored. Get them checked if they claim to show someone as a terrorist and what not. That and gay rape has become the favorite tool of Indian agencies.

I guess I'm spoiling the atmosphere for everyone. Sorry guys, a tough life has made me bitter.
Indians and Pakistanis can indeed be good and valuable friends. I wish all people who work for this peace a good and bright future.

Some people may call it cowardice but avoiding war is not cowardice. Even if we win a war how many households will lose a father, brother or son? This is why a leader has to take into account every angle.

Since you chose to bring it up ..It’s not Modi alone Sir.

If that happens how will PA remain relevant & maintain its stranglehold on the nation it has to itself ?

PA will always be strong and will always have a stranglehold because Pakistani people want them to.

Send Alia Bhatt next.

Lol....:tongue:

To the article it's nice and I'm glad she liked the place. However her country elects the sanghi originated hate machine in overwhelming numbers for the second term running, their media hurls venom against Pakistan as if it's a national sport, and even 'liberal' Bollywood industry hates Pakistan and Pakistanis with even soft boy Karan Johar getting in on the act lol.
Nothing can be expected for years if not forever.

Any Pakistani actor who goes to India for work shouldn't be allowed to return

They go there only for "money and extra fame" actually "lots of money and extra fame" to be precise, but when they are back in Pakistan their defence is "art has no boundaries", they are such a disgusting people who have no sense of self-respect and loyalty. And you are right Shaan Shahid is the odd guy among them who openly condemns such so-called "pakistani" artists always dying to get a chance to work in bollywood.

I have already suggested. Only problem is that it primarily lies in the hand of India.

"Aik deewaar ki doori hae qafas
Torh saktay, tau chaman main hotay
"

Really beautiful, read some interesting thought fit to this thread after long time, who is the poet of this couplet?

Everyone wants to make sure of security of its loved ones. It is the basic need to survive in the world. Most of the mischief in a community is spread through direct violation of others` protection, which leads to further worsening of situations, as people react directly to every wrong done to them. That is why the religion of Islam stresses on keeping a friendly atmosphere in one`s living area so that it would not lead to infringement of someone else`s human rights. Abu Hurairah (R.A) reported:

The Prophet (PBUH) said, “By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.” It was asked, “Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?” He said, “One whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil”. (Bukhari and Muslim)

“Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful.” [Quran, 4: 36]

These are the reason Pakistan and Pakistani people always take soft steps towards neighbor . If you have doubt then you can see our attitude since Feb 27. We don't want war but peace with you...

There are fools among us.

Don't be swayed by sweet words of peace.

Be aware of the serpent with a forked tongue!

I have already suggested. Only problem is that it primarily lies in the hand of India.

"Aik deewaar ki doori hae qafas
Torh saktay, tau chaman main hotay"

To be honest, your (all Pakistani) suggestions are crooked. You are not even honest to your cognitive thinking and your conscious.

Hafiz saied is real, Masood Azhar is real. Salahuddin is real. Osama was real. Colaboration between Al-Qaida and Jaish is real. Doctrin of perpetual Zehad is real.
26 Pakistani terrorists including latest Munna lahori killed in combat since January 2019 were real.

Problem will not go away even if we vacate Kashmir, because Hafiz Saied and many prominent personalities have openly declared time and again that they will not stop until whole india becomes Muslim.

I am not trolling, but if I can correct your words, it would be like-

"Aik Zihad ki mazboori hae qafas
Chhor saktay, tau chaman main hotay"

Really beautiful, read some interesting thought fit to this thread after long time, who is the poet of this couplet?

Thanks. This couplet is by Baqi Siddiqi (1905 - 1972), who was a poet of Urdu as well as Punjabi (Pothohari dialect). Born in Rawalpindi and belonged to it. Worked in Radio Pakistan, for quite some time. A Punjabi verse (free verse) by him:

"Uchiyan kandaan
Dakk na sakkan
Phullaan ni khashbo"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom