What's new

Hyundai cars to be made in Bangladesh

That too at a comparatively lower cost than Japanese products
Why you and another UK guy are talking about that so-called GDP? Japanese monthly salaraies are about 33% higher than the Korean ones in terms of dollars. Now, it may be more because Dollar has fallen from 110 yen to 102 yen.

Is this an assembly plant or a manufacturing one?

Mazdas are way better than Toyota !

Mazda's have the best interiors but Toyota has the reliability and is an OG in the automotive world.

Hopefully one day I can be proud of a Bangladeshi branded automotive company :undecided:

S Korean car manufacturers like Hyundai and Kia are around Japanese levels of reliability now.

There is a reason that S Korea is now richer per capita than Japan by nearly 10% and that is they make very high quality products.

Hyundai uses 60% Japaneses parts to build their cars.

Bangladesh already buy more than 30000. We pay around 30,00,000 taka or more for the car not like 1-3 lakh rupee substandard car Indians buy.
You will soon find that the cars are designed in India. A large proportion of the car parts and probably the engines will come from India. They might prove to be TOOOOOOO sub-standard for your exacting demands

Hyundai Motor India Limited is currently the second largest auto exporter from India.[84][85] It is making India the global manufacturing base for small cars.[citation needed] .
Hyundai has two manufacturing plants in India located at Sriperumbudur in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Both plants have a combined annual capacity of 600,000 units. In the year 2007, Hyundai opened its R&D facility in Hyderabad, employing now nearly 450 engineers from different parts of the country. Hyundai Motor India Engineering (HMIE) gives technical & engineering support in vehicle development and CAD & CAE support to Hyundai's main R&D centre in Namyang, Korea.
In 2007, Hyundai started its support engineering centre with CAD/CAE teams in Hyderabad, India. Hyundai expanded its engineering activities in India with Vehicle Engineering team in 2010. In 2011, Hyundai started its design activities at Hyderabad R&D Centre with Styling, Digital Design & Skin CAD Teams and Packaging team. Indian engineers are heavily involved in making of Indian vehicles like Grand i10, Elite i20 along with other Global cars
Wiki

Bangladesh already buy more than 30000. We pay around 30,00,000 taka or more for the car not like 1-3 lakh rupee substandard car Indians buy.

If Indians had to pay the money we pay for cars - they'd soil their pants.

I believe the duty for new cars in Bangladesh is somewhere around 300%, and upwards of 800% for luxury cars like MBZ, Audi, Porsche, Lexus and Infiniti.

And then Indian trolls jump up and down why we buy so few new cars in Bangladesh...
Mazda ranks first for reliability in Consumer Reports, dethroning Toyota, Lexus

Mazda is the first 2nd Tier automaker which has cleaned up its act.

They have,

1. Reduced product offering in the US to a few good-selling models like the Mazda 3 (corolla type) and Mazda CX-5 (Honda CR-V type) vehicles.

2. They have improved ride quality (NVH) and fit/finish to almost luxury car standards

3. They really concentrated on listening to customers and the features most wanted, like wi-fi and bluetooth media features and navigation features inside the car

As a result, sales went up many fold. I am deeply impressed. Much better than Nissan whose sales is faltering quite a lot except premium products.

Last edited:
Mazdas are way better than Toyota !
In the local Japanese market Toyota cars are more popular than Mazda and others. About 20 years ago, very few Mazdas could be seen on the Tokyo roads. But, now there are many.

Quality of any Japanese car is same/similar to other brands. However, Toyota looks are better and it has almost uncountable number of models, designs and shapes that gives a buyer multiple choices. The Toyota after sale value is much higher than any others including Mazda that makes Toyota more popular.

However, one Japanese told me that Toyota engines produce less thrust comparing to Nissan's or Subaru's. Subaru is a company that built the then No. 1 Zero fighter planes before and during 2nd WW. It has many sophisticated technologies to produce many car engine components.

I heard that its technologies are regularly bought and used by most other Japanese companies, Toyota included, under the bonnets of their cars, although I am not that sure about it.

You will soon find that the cars are designed in India. A large proportion of the car parts and probably the engines will come from India. They might prove to be TOOOOOOO sub-standard for your exacting demands

Hyundai Motor India Limited is currently the second largest auto exporter from India.[84][85] It is making India the global manufacturing base for small cars.[citation needed] .
Hyundai has two manufacturing plants in India located at Sriperumbudur in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Both plants have a combined annual capacity of 600,000 units. In the year 2007, Hyundai opened its R&D facility in Hyderabad, employing now nearly 450 engineers from different parts of the country. Hyundai Motor India Engineering (HMIE) gives technical & engineering support in vehicle development and CAD & CAE support to Hyundai's main R&D centre in Namyang, Korea.
In 2007, Hyundai started its support engineering centre with CAD/CAE teams in Hyderabad, India. Hyundai expanded its engineering activities in India with Vehicle Engineering team in 2010. In 2011, Hyundai started its design activities at Hyderabad R&D Centre with Styling, Digital Design & Skin CAD Teams and Packaging team. Indian engineers are heavily involved in making of Indian vehicles like Grand i10, Elite i20 along with other Global cars
Wiki

Please don't feed us this India-specific fake news about how great Hyundai India is doing. Fine and dandy for you Indians, happy for you.

Buy a plane ticket someday for Dhaka, set foot here and then you can see for yourself what kind of car sells in Bangladesh. I can assure you they are not 1 and 3 lakh tin cans which pass for a new car in India.

In Bangladesh - no one will be caught dead in an Indian-made death-trap, no matter how great the claimed tek-na-laji. Much less buy one with hard-earned money.

No offense.

Last edited:
Hyundai makes most of their own parts and sources some from China.

No Japanese parts nowadays, too expensive.

Many Japanese automotive parts are already produced in Thailand and Indonesia.

Many Japanese automotive parts are already produced in Thailand and Indonesia.

That is true. You are technically correct. But those are produced mainly for Japanese car brands themselves (Isuzu/GM mainly in Thailand and Toyota in Indonesia). :-)

But AFAIK Hyundai's parts suppliers are mostly (90%+) located in Korea or are internally sourced and produced in their captive plants in Korea which includes the KIA brand factories. The rest (only a limited number) of the parts are sourced from China. They really squeeze their suppliers on cost but make it up on volume, however lately Korean costs have been going up, so they are looking for suppliers overseas.

HYUNDAI and KIA (at least in the US market) are sold on equivalent common platforms. They learned this trick from GM and FORD (especially GM) where the same car platform underneath the differing outer sheet-metal styles used to be offered in different brands (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac etc.) and offered different marketing images.

The bread-and-butter cash-cow model for Hyundai and Kia in the US (and Canada) is the Hyundai Sonata and Kia Optima, both are equivalent in size, cost and performance to the Toyota Camry, which is a very solid offering in the US family car market. Sonata used to be priced 20% lower than the Camry (Optima even lower) a decade ago. But lately Sonata is not so price-competitive anymore, which is by design by Hyundai/KIA because their quality went up a few notches and is considered roughly equivalent to Toyota.

Some people in the US though still haven't forgotten the early 90's, 2000's bad quality Hyundai products (Hyundai Pony/Excel? anyone?) and they will never buy a Hyundai. A sad thing which Hyundai and KIA are trying to reset in people's minds. Back in the 50's, the first Toyota brought into the US was so weak, it could not climb up some hilly roads. Quality is an uphill battle (literally).

So - back to Hyundai Sonata (Top) and KIA Optima (bottom). See the different styling cues?
2021-hyundai-sonata-12.jpg

2020-kia-optima-mmp-1-1567538336.jpg

Sonata offers more flowing, poetic, classic lines, amenable and appealing to older Americans and females of different age groups. A traditional style.

Optima is a bit more European looking, appealing to younger American males.

Both offer tons more standard features for the money compared to Camry.

Inside, the same styling cue differences continue...Hyundai on top, KIA bottom.
2021-hyundai-sonata-2-768x512.jpg

960x0.jpg

However - the reason why I rambled on this long is to point out, that underneath all these differing styling exercises, the basics, (meaning Car chassis, suspension, wiring design, Engine, transmission, other engine parts) are mostly the same for both Optima and Sonata. Same for other KIA/Hyundai models such as SUVs, MPVs, Trucks etc. Go to any car dealership and check it out. My two cents.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom