Hypersonic version of Brahmos on the way

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Hypersonic version of Brahmos on the way

9/10/2011

Tiruchirapalli (TN): A hypersonic version of Brahmos missile that can fly at Mach 7 (seven times speed of sound) is being evaluated and companies in India and Russia are working overtime to design and develop various components for it. "For this version, a new engine has to be developed, as also new materials to withstand high temperature and vibrations.

They have got to be on board with supportive electronic systems. Numerous industries in Russia and India are involved in design and development of components and sub systems," Dr A Sivathanu Pillai, CEO and MD of BrahMos Aerospace told PTI.

He said the Indian Institute of Science and Moscow Aviation Institute would be involved in Research and Development of critical components for the hypersonic version. However, details on bilateral investment and financing the project is yet to be arrived at, Pillai said. He said integration of Brahmos into Sukoi-30MK-I is very much in progress with aircraft structural modification going on at HAL.

Trial flights, along with missile testing would hopefully begin by January 2012, he said and expressed confidence the air version would be commissioned by that year. He said Brahmos Aerospace has augmented production at all three of manufacturing centres in Hyderabad, Pilani and Thiruvanathanpuram to cater to the substantial orders received from the Armed forces.

Pillai said they would soon bring out revised missile versions with fresh Seeker heads with precision delivery. Presently, 20 major industries and 20 plus small and medium enterprises across India are involved in producing various components and accessories for BrahMos missile project.

BrahMos is a stealth supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft or land. It is a joint venture between India's Defence Research and Development Organisation and Russia's NPO Mashinostroeyenia who have together formed BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited. (PTI)

Read more at: Hypersonic version of Brahmos on the way
Copyright © News24online.com

Good news...Brahmos is the only company which can give results on time. Also i don't think they are facing any money problems considering the orders placed by indian armed forces. There's already an order for blk 3 not to mention the submarine version and IAf version will be also soon in the market.

Funds:) Very crucial contribution:azn:

yes says correctly Russia has technology/skilled person and India has Money i.e. the reason behind Russia is agrees to co------develop Fifth generation fighter Aircraft with India.The country which could not make not make a Tejas in almost 25 years, can not make Kaveri engine in 30 years the question is how she can make Bramhos Supersonic/Hypersonic cruise missile.

yes says correctly Russia has technology/skilled person and India has Money i.e. the reason behind Russia is agrees to co------develop Fifth generation fighter Aircraft with India.The country which could not make not make a Tejas in almost 25 years, can not make Kaveri engine in 30 years the question is how she can make Bramhos Supersonic/Hypersonic cruise missile.

Pillai said they would soon bring out revised missile versions with fresh Seeker heads with precision delivery. Presently, 20 major industries and 20 plus small and medium enterprises across India are involved in producing various components and accessories for BrahMos missile project.

Just because u named urself as Kanpur does not hide the fact that u r a low self-esteem Pakistani/ Chinese troll

Color you green?? eh??

would you like to?

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Here I am not underestimaing India. Your country is not in a position to offer tech to Russia. Thre is nothing to feel bad about it. I would not critisize LCA or Kaveri engine because it is not easy to master

Just because u named urself as Kanpur does not hide the fact that u r a low self-esteem Pakistani/ Chinese troll

all time we can not praise everything which our politicians/media says read business standard which also printed in Lucknow(Hindi Version) the author is also saying that "India ke paisa hai isi liye Roos(Russia) bharat ke pass aya hai(to co-develop the FGFA).Okay i am not a chinese or Pakistani as you assume I am resident of Shuklaganj near Kanpur.

would you like to?

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Here I am not underestimaing India. Your country is not in a position to offer tech to Russia. Thre is nothing to feel bad about it. I would not critisize LCA or Kaveri engine because it is not easy to master

i am not replying anything negative but once again you correctly says India is not in position to give technology to Russia.But we Indians all time associate withself to emotions Faliure of Kaveri engine is also hurts me,defeat with china in 1962,massacre in Gujrat all the things also hurts me with emotions,but it is truth we have accept it.

all time we can not praise everything which our politicians/media says read business standard which also printed in Lucknow(Hindi Version) the author is also saying that "India ke paisa hai isi liye Roos(Russia) bharat ke pass aya hai(to co-develop the FGFA).Okay i am not a chinese or Pakistani as you assume I am resident of Shuklaganj near Kanpur.

The funny thing is u seem to have missed the part which i quoted in the post..India may not be a gr8 scientific super power, but it has major contribution in the BrahMos project,,so plz stop the self-flagellation(if u r really Indian). i have seen lot of ur posts which seem to be sucking up to Chinese and Pakistani posters..I dont know whether u r just looking for more thanks or u r Arundhati Roy type person who cant see any good about his/her country..

The funny thing is u seem to have missed the part which i quoted in the post..India may not be a gr8 scientific super power, but it has major contribution in the BrahMos project,,so plz stop the self-flagellation(if u r really Indian). i have seen lot of ur posts which seem to be sucking up to Chinese and Pakistani posters..I dont know whether u r just looking for more thanks or u r Arundhati Roy type person who cant see any good about his/her country..

please please madam/sir I can see good in our country,Prithvi Missile,Agni missile,PSLV,GSLV, which are our own products Tata Nano,Mahindra Scorpio(but it is developed with foreign agencies which is all time hit SUV in the country),Mahindra XUV 500,Votex ATM(about which perhaps you do not know)and more things, these are our home grown products and i can proud of this.R&D starts with better infrastructe of education(primary,secondry and university level) political will power when we go to cast our vote we see who is of our caste,our religion Hindu/Muslim and tell me how many of us want to became a leader our leaders are rapists(BSP MLAs),corrupt(Raja and company),Gangesters(Raja Bhaiya and so many) and we believe that they will develop our country.

Back
Top Bottom