What's new

Hunter-gatherer European had blue eyes and dark skin

I thought the prevailing theory was just the opposite, i.e., that DNA evidence suggest that for whatever reason, there was no cross-mating between Neanderthals and Cro-Mangons.

We'll that's the latest I've heard and I go to one of the top 3 Canadian universities.

My genetics professor said technically Neanderthals and Humans are the same species and should not be considered different, genetically speaking.

Technically, they were the closest match to modern humans and can rightly be called a subspecies. So I guess it all depends on where you draw the line to differentiate a species.
If someone says even a 0.1% change in DNA is enough to declare a new species, then they aren't the same as modern humans. If one says 1.5% change will constitute a difference in species, then even the Chimpanzee will qualify as Human. :laugh:

I don't know about my own, but a maternal uncle of mine has R5a from his maternal side and R-Z94 from his paternal side. So i guess my sequence will also be within the R1a haplogroup.
yeah your mtDNA should be R5a but paternal u can only find out from males in your paternal side

We'll that's the latest I've heard and I go to one of the top 3 Canadian universities.

Going to any university will not give you a perfect answer or 100% assured one. These subject are highly debatable . We know a lot but still nothing can be said with 100% surety.

Blue eyes and dark skin,Some konkani Brahmins is like that.
But it is weird .First his eyes become blue ,then skin become fair

I thought the prevailing theory was just the opposite, i.e., that DNA evidence suggest that for whatever reason, there was no cross-mating between Neanderthals and Cro-Mangons.

Then you've noticed one of the most annoying things with scientific publishing... the constant and consistent contradictions inherent in early discovery.

Many studies reveal no Neanderthal genes while many do. The consensus today (despite the occasional contradictory finding) is that all non-African populations average between 1-5% Neanderthal ancestry (or other Homo species).

Then you've noticed one of the most annoying things with scientific publishing... the constant and consistent contradictions inherent in early discovery.

Many studies reveal no Neanderthal genes while many do. The consensus today (despite the occasional contradictory finding) is that all non-African populations average between 1-5% Neanderthal ancestry (or other Homo species).
Actually even among most African populations they exist except a few tribes(Usually they have very dark skin tones)

Blue eyes and dark skin,Some konkani Brahmins is like that.
But it is weird .First his eyes become blue ,then skin become fair
Beautiful-black-baby-blue-eyes.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom