What's new

Human Development Index of Countries 2022

Pakistan is between Togo and Tanzania. I am surprised Afghanistan is 12 from bottom. In the next ranking it will likely be in bottom 5 because of Taliban policies.

Much of the data is taken from a few months/years ago. There is a significant lag in economic data being reported.
Pakistan is between Togo and Tanzania. I am surprised Afghanistan is 12 from bottom. In the next ranking it will likely be in bottom 5 because of Taliban policies.
I believe Pakistan is much lower than 0.544, which puts it higher than most sub-Saharan African countries. As someone who has regularly visited Eastern Africa especially Ethiopia, Eritrea, Tanzania, Kenya I can assure you, thinkgs are much better there than Pakistan.

I think Pak should be closer to Afghanistan in the rankings. If Afghanistan is 12 above bottom Pak can't be more than 15-18 above bottom ranking.

I believe Pakistan will go below Afghanistan in the next couple of years. Pakistan is headed for a total financial meltdown. Afghanistan is poor but has no liabilities, Pakistan has huge loans such as CPEC. Once the CPEC loans start being paid back Pakistan's next 2 generations will live extremely miserable lives. If Afganistan plays it's cards right and uses it's mineral wealth wisely, it's 4 crore people can have a decent lifestyle much superior to the Pakistanis.

Pakistan's population of 22 crores is completely unsustainable. It can't provide wheat, pulses, milk, meat for it's own people.

Last edited:
@Novus ordu seclorum

In 2022, Pak was ranked 161 with a score 0.544. In 2020, it was ranked 154.

#Imported government

Regards
Title says 2020 HDI and Pakistan is 161.
If Afganistan plays it's cards right
That's a big if. Afghanistan is ranked the unhappiest country in the world because they have their priorities messed up. Does Taliban have what it takes to develop a country in the 21st century? They would be regarded regressive if it was the year 1023.

The real source

The emoticon on the Youtube channel regarding Indonesia is false

1678530599330.png

Back
Top Bottom