What's new

HUITONG: SAC J-16 TO MAKE FIRST FLIGHT IN 2011

SAC is probably sweating bullets right now. Their main rival CAC has finally taken over their monopoly.

Hopefully SAC will derive more of their energy on J-16 instead of obsolete jets like J-8Z...
If J-16 comes out successfully, I will cheer for SAC just as much as I would cheer for CAC

Hopefully SAC will derive more of their energy on J-16 instead of obsolete jets like J-8Z...
If J-16 comes out successfully, I will cheer for SAC just as much as I would cheer for CAC

I'll simply laugh at their rather feeble attempt at inducing competition with CAC.

With the kind of economic boom China is having and the current budget China can afford to experiment multiple 5th generation designs and finally choose the best one.Thats what USA and Russia managed to do in the past and that is the right way to go.

But the problem definitely is that SAC is unable to give any tough competition to CAC till now they have to come up with something new to challenge CAC this will bring out the best from CAC and will also allow aviation industry to expand.Hope j-16 becomes a success story and a source of confidence for SAC

It seems that CAC and SAC have switched roles.

CAC now produces the high-performance jets while SAC produces the export-oriented jets.

With the kind of economic boom China is having and the current budget China can afford to experiment multiple 5th generation designs and finally choose the best one.Thats what USA and Russia managed to do in the past and that is the right way to go.

But the problem definitely is that SAC is unable to give any tough competition to CAC till now they have to come up with something new to challenge CAC this will bring out the best from CAC and will also allow aviation industry to expand.Hope j-16 becomes a success story and a source of confidence for SAC

The supposed J-16 is a 4.5 generation "stealthy" (Low RCS , RAM , IWB etc) air craft not a F22/F35/J20 class 5th Generation air craft.

I wonder, may be J-8Z was a cover for the development of J-16, and also a test bed for J-16's components.

Wow great! SinoSoldier, thanks, if you have any info on Chinese stealth bomber, can you please post it? I hope China has a stealth bomber that looks like B-2, but bigger and has an unrefuelled range of more than 10,000kms.

Go search up "H-8 bomber". I think that's what you're looking for.

CAC j20 is an air superiority fighter ,SAC JXX is a multirole fighter,it's bigger than j20

So, SAC will build two planes: the J-14 (aka J-XX) and the J-16, while CAC will present the J-20 fighter-bomber

of course

J20 is also a multirole fighter or a fighter-bomber except his air superiority role

it's a CAC'S scheme for his competitor SAC'S J-XX, .:D

Last edited:
Wow great! SinoSoldier, thanks, if you have any info on Chinese stealth bomber, can you please post it? I hope China has a stealth bomber that looks like B-2, but bigger and has an unrefuelled range of more than 10,000kms.

The pictures of the H-8 Stealth Bomber:
1101012149de499e7528e06761.jpg

Arrest and execute the author, effective immeditately! I hope this is just fanboyism.
Oh sh*t..... I don't think this one is supposed to be public. Why would somebody take a picture in that room? :angry:

Back
Top Bottom