What's new

HUITONG: Q-6 ATTACK AIRCRAFT EXPOSED

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Huitong claims it's based on the L-15 and is designated the Q-6.

I personally would put more faith in the JF-17 and its YFC-1E stealthy version.

Q-6.jpg

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

Last edited:
Where is it? I don't see Q-6 in it?

Top paragraph:
Compared to fighter development, the development of attack airciraft is much less impressive. The 30-year old Q-5 (Mig-19 derivative) badly needs replacement, so does the obsolete H-6 (Tu-16) intermediate bomber. A new long-range stealth bomber similar to American B-2 was rumored to be in early development stage at 603 Institute but it remains a closely guarded secret. A new gunship variant based on Y-8 similar to American AC-130H was rumored to have been under development but this has not been confirmed. The latest rumor (November 2010) claimed that a new single seat light attack aircraft based on L-15 LIFT is being developed at Hongdu as Q-6.

Huitong claims it's based on the L-15 and is designated the Q-6.

I personally would put more faith in the JF-17 and its YFC-1E stealthy version.

Q-6.jpg

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

I think the YFC-1E of the stealth effect is not very good.
Maybe, After the CAC successfully R&D WS-15, We can R&D a medium-sized 5G fighter.

1# It can develop as a carrier-based aircraft for PLAN.
J-20 is too big, not suitable for carrier-based aircraft used.

2# It can add J-20 for PLAAF. J-20 may be expensive. We need a little cheaper 5G fighter, So can keep the number of fighters.

YFC-1E's missiles... Outside?
12A60KM91250-1U24.jpg

Last edited:
I think the YFC-1E of the stealth effect is not very good.
Maybe, After the CAC successfully R&D WS-15, We can R&D a medium-sized 5G fighter.

1# It can develop as a carrier-based aircraft for PLAN.
J-20 is too big, not suitable for carrier-based aircraft used.

2# It can add J-20 for PLAAF. J-20 may be expensive. We need a little cheaper 5G fighter, So can keep the number of fighters.

YFC-1E's missiles... Outside?
12A60KM91250-1U24.jpg

Why rely on J-20? There are more 5th-generation programs running (J-16, JH-7B, etc). Medium fighters don't need a powerful engine like WS-15. WS-10G is fine.

Come on man, you can't rely on a CGI to tell you what the YFC-1E looks like. For all we know, it may have a small internal bay or conformal bays.

In reference to the design of the new Jf-17, I should add that it's not a full stealth aircraft, rather much like the F-16 feature have have been and still are being added to reduce radar signature. At the current rate if Jf-17 is to turn into 5th generation it's probably going to go thought numerous stages first.

Why rely on J-20? There are more 5th-generation programs running (J-16, JH-7B, etc). Medium fighters don't need a powerful engine like WS-15. WS-10G is fine.

Come on man, you can't rely on a CGI to tell you what the YFC-1E looks like. For all we know, it may have a small internal bay or conformal bays.

FC-1 is too small, It does not fit into a stealth machine changes.
If modify too much, might as well re-design.

FC-1 is too small, It does not fit into a stealth machine changes.
If modify too much, might as well re-design.

Actually, small aircraft don't require much of a redesign.

JF-17 already incorporates some stealth features such as DSI

the rumor is totally groundless and ridiculous.
Q6 was a cancelled project 30 years ago. besides light attacker (Qiangjiji) is an eliminated idea in modern warfare.

The Q-6 you mentioned is a different project from this Q-6.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

the rumor is totally groundless and ridiculous.
Q6 was a cancelled project 30 years ago. besides light attacker (Qiangjiji) is an eliminated idea in modern warfare.

The Q-6 is different from the one that was cancelled 30 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom