What's new

Huawei to launch self-developed OS in Q3: sources

Huawei grew very fast because it offer the best of both worlds, a seamless mix of Chinese and American technologies to consumers worldwide (cost-effective solutions), and its Smartphones acted as fantastic marketing instruments worldwide (positive word-of-mouth).

However, pushing China-based eco-system alternative to Google in foreign countries worldwide? Now this is a whole new ballgame, and many will not sign up for it. Even the likes of Microsoft and Samsung tried but failed.

Google is deeply entrenched all over the world outside China in so many ways that it is like a habit.
You are talking about the apps, not the OS. China owns many phone brands. Such as Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, One plus, ZTE, Lenovo. Even outside China, the market share is big enough to sustain a new OS. And not using Android may make their phones more competitive in price.

Huawei grew very fast because it offer the best of both worlds, a seamless mix of Chinese and American technologies to consumers worldwide (cost-effective solutions), and its Smartphones acted as fantastic marketing instruments worldwide (positive word-of-mouth).

However, pushing China-based eco-system alternative to Google in foreign countries worldwide? Now this is a whole new ballgame, and many will not sign up for it. Even the likes of Microsoft and Samsung tried but failed.

Google is deeply entrenched all over the world outside China in so many ways that it is like a habit.
people arent as loyal to google.. we shall see

people arent as loyal to google.. we shall see
I do not speak for all here but I have observed that it is exceedingly difficult for people to drop well-established services for experiments. People will surely try whatever Huawei will bring to the fore but too early to talk big about this move.

Google spent decades in developing various software-based solutions which could cater to the needs of countless business enterprises around the world.

Huawei is a hardware giant but not a software giant to begin with, it stand no chance in taking Google to task around the world. Do not delude youself.

You are talking about the apps, not the OS. China owns many phone brands. Such as Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, One plus, ZTE, Lenovo. Even outside China, the market share is big enough to sustain a new OS. And not using Android may make their phones more competitive in price.
New OS will not make any difference in the absence of various services that collectively provide excellent communication experience and cater to the needs of virtually countless business enterprises worldwide. See my explanation above.

Huawei's operating system in pipeline

By MA SI | China Daily | Updated: 2019-06-11

5cfeeebda3101765669e41b6.jpeg

[Photo/IC]

Huawei Technologies Co seems to be moving very fast to prepare for the launch of its self-developed operating system, as the Chinese tech giant has reportedly shipped 1 million smartphones with the software onboard for testing.

The move is part of Huawei's broader effort to offset the fallout of the US administration's ban on the world's second-largest smartphone vendor and the world's largest telecom equipment maker.

The agency-only institutional brokerage firm Rosenblatt Securities said in a smartphone supply chain report that Huawei has allegedly shipped 1 million smartphones with its self-developed "HongMeng" operating system onboard for testing.

According to the report, Huawei's in-house software is said to be compatible with all Android applications and has "increased security functions to protect personal data".

China Daily quoted Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei's consumer business group, as saying in an earlier report that the company's own operating system will be available "as early as this fall or next spring at the latest".

The operating system will support mobile phones, computers, tablets, televisions, cars and smart wearable devices, Yu said in a WeChat group involving some internet experts.

The comments came after Google said it would partially cut off Huawei devices from its Android operating system to comply with the US restrictions on Huawei. But later, the US government said on May 20 that it could delay its ban, which gave Huawei's existing devices access to Android for 90 days.

To prepare for a backup plan to deal with a worst-case scenario, Huawei has been working hard to develop its own operating system for a long time. As part of the latest developments, Huawei Central, a website focusing on Huawei-related news, reported that Huawei has filed "HongMeng" trademark applications with almost every possible intellectual property organizations around the globe.

The registration application for "HongMeng" has been filed in countries and regions including Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Australia and Europe, Huawei Central reported.

Huawei did not respond to the requests for comments on the story.

Meanwhile, Google was also reported to have warned the US administration that it risks compromising US national security if it goes ahead with export restrictions on Huawei, and has asked to be exempted from any ban.

The Financial Times reported that Google has expressed its concerns that the restrictions would prompt Huawei to develop its own version of the operating system, or a hybrid Android, which will be more susceptible to being hacked.

Xiang Ligang, director-general of the Information Consumption Alliance, said Google's argument is motivated by concerns that Huawei's self-developed operating system will reduce Android's dominance in the global smartphone market.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201906/11/WS5cfeeebda31017657723067f.html

Good for you bro, seems you can speak french too?
Vous parlez francais ?
oui.. je parle en peu francias :D
tu vas bien ?

I do not speak for all here but I have observed that it is exceedingly difficult for people to drop well-established services for experiments. People will surely try whatever Huawei will bring to the fore but too early to talk big about this move.

Google spent decades in developing various software-based solutions which could cater to the needs of countless business enterprises around the world.

Huawei is a hardware giant but not a software giant to begin with, it stand no chance in taking Google to task around the world. Do not delude youself.

New OS will not make any difference in the absence of various services that collectively provide excellent communication experience and cater to the needs of virtually countless business enterprises worldwide. See my explanation above.
you are only looking at one side of the picture.. google is looooosing business,. you read that ?
1.4 billion customers or around that number.. google isnt as strong as you think. yes they are big but not as strong every where . many people hate google and their espionage with data. they will surely switch.i am saying that there is a bigger chance the huawei is going to survive well than you think. and google and USA are already feeling the pain of this.

Xiang Ligang, director-general of the Information Consumption Alliance, said Google's argument is motivated by concerns that Huawei's self-developed operating system will reduce Android's dominance in the global smartphone market.

This is the real reason that Google wants the ban lifted.

If HongMeng OS delivers on it's promise to work with any current Android app then plenty of people in the West will desert Android and go over to Huawei instead. Google Apps are not as much of a big deal as people think as most people use their phones only for for calls, text, web browsing and navigation - a lot of people would need a good alternative to Google Maps though to consider the switch though.

This is the real reason that Google wants the ban lifted.

If HongMeng OS delivers on it's promise to work with any current Android app then plenty of people in the West will desert Android and go over to Huawei instead. Google Apps are not as much of a big deal as people think as most people use their phones only for for calls, text, web browsing and navigation - a lot of people would need a good alternative to Google Maps though to consider the switch though.
i think they have a version of their own maps.. i cant remember which one.
if hongmeng might deliver 80 to 90 percent of current googledroid, i would be happy. i dont do much fancy stuff of p20 pro ..
its now or never..

i think they have a version of their own maps.. i cant remember which one.
if hongmeng might deliver 80 to 90 percent of current googledroid, i would be happy. i dont do much fancy stuff of p20 pro ..
its now or never..

Yep, probably just runs off the Beidou system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom