Huawei overtakes Samsung as world’s biggest smartphone vendor

sinait

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Huawei overtakes Samsung as world’s biggest smartphone vendor, says report
Jul 30, 2020

Samsung’s COVID-19 slump sends Huawei to the top
For the first time ever, Huawei has shipped more smartphones worldwide over a quarter than any other company, according to a new report from analyst firm Canalys. Huawei has long harbored ambitions to overtake Samsung as the world’s biggest smartphone seller, and going by the numbers from Canalys, that’s just what happened during the April-June period this year.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/30/...hone-company-huawei-overtakes-samsung-canalys

I don’t know a single person that owns Huawei.

Samsung on the other hand...

Tough Luck for the US, despite arm twisting other nations and using dirty tricks cannot kill off 1 private Chinese company.
Huawei vs US.

The famous quote during battle of Solomon island from USS enterprise aircraft carrier.

"Enterprise vs Imperial Japan"

Has it ever happened in history that a country put all its might against a single company and fail? Let alone the super duper power US? LOL epic embarrassment:ashamed: How the mighty has fallen!

I guess it depends on the location.

Yes if you are in China, the rest of the world Huawei and Samsung sales are falling off a cliff.

2029481619Additional%20data%20points_Huawei.jpg

Has it ever happened in history that a country put all its might against a single company and fail? Let alone the super duper power US? LOL epic embarrassment:ashamed: How the mighty has fallen!

Yes. Hinduatan (ruled by mughul) to East India company.

Harmony OS is coming in September. The world won't need Android anymore after that. It will be a Harmony OS / iOS duopoly.

The Trump administration is after Huawei 5G, I don't think they care who is the king of the smartphone hill.
Harmony OS killing Android I don't see it happening outside China.

Chinese brands are extremely popular here in Pakistan and they sell well for the right reasons. In terms of budget, lower, mid and upper midrange phones Chinese offerings are far superior. A Chinese phone which costs $200 is far superior to the Samsung phone which costs the same. I believe that Redmi(a Xiaomi sub-brand) right now is the fasting growing smartphone brand in Pakistan. Before Redmi Realme was the fastest growing smartphone brand in Pakistan.

Chinese brands are extremely popular here in Pakistan and they sell well for the right reasons. In terms of budget, lower, mid and upper midrange phones Chinese offerings are far superior. A Chinese phone which costs $200 is far superior to the Samsung phone which costs the same. I believe that Redmi(a Xiaomi sub-brand) right now is the fasting growing smartphone brand in Pakistan. Before Redmi Realme was the fastest growing smartphone brand in Pakistan.

The first xiaomi phone i bought was for the same reason (best bang per buck) - now i own 4th xiaomi phone.
Around next year 5G goes mainstream here and im considering between Xiaomi & Huawei.

Samsung used to be biggest droid mobile here but was dethrone by chinese brands for the same reasons.
Apple stuff maintains their status quo as a fashion statement for the too much money to splurge folks.

The first xiaomi phone i bought was for the same reason (best bang per buck) - now i own 4th xiaomi phone.
Around next year 5G goes mainstream here and im considering between Xiaomi & Huawei.

Samsung used to be biggest droid mobile here but was dethrone by chinese brands for the same reasons.
Apple stuff maintains their status quo as a fashion statement for the too much money to splurge folks.
Samsung's budget and midrange phones are atrocious for their price especially when compared to Chinese brands.

will huawei, xiaomi or other chinese brands incorporate beidou?

Back
Top Bottom