What's new

How to deal with "gold diggers" in our society

How about men stop flaunting their wealth?

I am getting married next week and my fiancée or her family still doesn't know what "am worth" back in India. I never brought it up and she never asked.

Men in general have a tendency to flaunt their wealth so they attract the gold diggers, flaunt your intelligence and you ll get the smart ones. :agree:

I am getting married next week and my fiancée or her family still doesn't know what "am worth" back in India. I never brought it up and she never asked.

Men in general have a tendency to flaunt their wealth so they attract the gold diggers, flaunt your intelligence and you ll get the smart ones. :agree:

Being a gold digger and "smart" are not mutually exclusive. There are a lot of smart gold diggers as well, our society in general "manufactures" this kind of behavior, starting with our parents & how they bring us up. Intelligence without "substance" loses appeal to most women. I can understand the fact that most people don't like a train wreck, but our society has institutionalized gold digging & entitlement for women, & this is a structural flaw in our society.

P.S. Most girls in our society are NOT gold diggers. They are obedient to their parents' wishes. The parents think they are wanting the best for their children, by getting them married off early, to a financially stable person.

yaar this kind of breed is available in our SA subcontinent they r ppl with low self esteem i have found ppl who want to hide something usually do this very unfortunate ppl.

Women always want to marry a guy who takes care of her. Thats been the norm since time immemorial. On the otherhand inspite of the all the talk of gender equality no women will ever marry an unemployed man, however good he may be. During marriage proposals , the first question that the girl or girl's parents ask is "How much the guy earns?"...then only comes questions about his behavior.

Pakistan's cultural issues are different than of Indian and so on with Bangladesh.

Whole idea of separation under 2 nation theory was 180° shift in cultures.

After 60 years of separation only Indians have adopted to Pakistan type of dress and food but mentality and culturally we still stand apart.

Hence, this regular attempts to establish common grounds is an epic fail.

What can I say..Let the hate flow through you.

you poor poor guy . RUN ...
you have no idea about the trouble you are getting into by marrying . :lol:
take it from me RUN.:rofl:
congrats any way mate.:)

Alright -- i was wondering why such a thread had not popped up lately. Every three or four weeks/months, we have someone complaining about women and their gold digging ways.

Well sweetie, let me explain, desi men cant stand independent women. They just can't. ALL the desi men I have come across will hands down opt for a "hot chick" or "catch". No desi man cares about a woman's intelligence.

After all these years of looking down on "gold-diggers", I actually think they had been on the right track all along. They are pretty or otherwise groomed to perfection, put on the market by their parents and the boys get them because they are moneyed. Perfect combo.

A while back, I had pointed out how most desi guys dont care about intelligence and a woman with above average intelligence but average looks will be disregarded completely, I was told by someone here on this forum, "No one aspires to marry an ugly girl."

Well beauty lies skin deep, but ugly is to the bone. No one's heard that for sure.

Any man worth his manhood should take a stand in such an instance ! Whats the point of having a life-partner who, instead of being a pillar of strength for you, is a liability, albeit an initially desirable one to have ! And any women worth her femininity should build herself up into 'a strong, independent person with her own passions and achievements' so that asking her hand in marriage is a prize worth pursuing !

Then there is the other notion that weak guys look for strong women and vice versa. Perhaps a codependent relationship that can only be traced back to their upbringing.

Any man worth his manhood should take a stand in such an instance ! Whats the point of having a life-partner who, instead of being a pillar of strength for you, is a liability, albeit an initially desirable one to have ! And any women worth her femininity should build herself up into 'a strong, independent person with her own passions and achievements' so that asking her hand in marriage is a prize worth pursuing !
No, you're in the *right hand of your mother. So manhood is in loyalty to her.

*only if you understand yourself to be a Muslim. Then there's this hierarchy, and the mum's on top unless you're a married woman

It's not about manhood or what ever.
I can only speak to what I have seen in Pakistani society.

The problem I feel is that Mothers in Pakistan are extremely controlling and jealous.
They coddle their sons and turn them into drones that can only say "yes amee gee"

For example, it is not uncommon for mothers to beat their 40 year old sons in front of the family.

So when a wife comes along the mother gets jealous and makes life difficult for the wife. And the Son has been raised to never question his mother doesn't do anything about it.

I am not saying we should hate our mothers or anything.
Just pointing out the realities of what I have seen.

1) A lot of girls are beautiful but very few are intellectuals..
2) And those who are intellectuals never let you go down..
3) For mans if some one find beauty so there is not her fault..
4) But when girls are so clever than they have more chances to derailing..
5) Complicated Thread:rolleyes:

congrats,must be a love marriage.
we can have a bachelors party on pdf though without the strippers.:toast_sign:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom