What's new

How the U.S. Military Became a Tank-Killing Machine

Does Spike have a man portable variant ??

I was about to say no but thankfully decided to check before embarrassing myself lol.Apparently it does.

"SPIKE-MR (Gill): Light missile system for infantry and Special Forces soldiers",according to armyrecognition.com
Not sure about exact weight or range though considering i haven't heard of this one(probably because it isn't so popular unlike other variants).

I assume you are talking about Spike ER or Spike NLOS.The first one is vehicle and helicopter launched only and the second one with it's 80+ kilograms isn't really a man portable weapon,so we are comparing apples and oranges here.

Spike LR2 is portable and has a range of 5.5kms and even lighter Spike SR with range of 1.5kms
Javelin is also used on Strykers, so a comparison of heavier Spikes is fair.

Spike LR2 is portable and has a range of 5.5kms and even lighter Spike SR with range of 1.5kms
Javelin is also used on Strykers, so a comparison of heavier Spikes is fair.

Javelin was never really "used" from vehicles,Americans were only testing few prototypes but as far as i know there is nothing to indicate that they plan to start serial production of those integrated missiles.Probably a financially smart decision,since they don't really need those kind of weapons,considering how much hellfire armed drones they already have.

Javelin was never really "used" from vehicles,Americans were only testing few prototypes but as far as i know there is nothing to indicate that they plan to start serial production of those integrated missiles.Probably a financially smart decision considering how much hellfire armed drones they already have.

they integrated javelin into Crows RCWS, which is now in active service in European stationed units.

New_Stryker_armored_with_CROWS-J_Javelin_missile_turret__for_US_troops_in_Europe_925_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom