What's new

How the Ottoman empire killed 1.5 million Christians to establish an Islamic empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what the article is implying.

The genocide was a political and military move, not a religious one. 1.5 mill Christians? Why not just say Armenians?

Twisting around words to gain support is not right.

I titled the thread this way because of the following lines which are present in the article. That's all.

"So how exactly did the events of 1915-17 unfold? Just as Hitler wanted a Nazi-dominated world that would be Judenrein - cleansed of its Jews - so in 1914 the Ottoman Empire wanted to construct a Muslim empire that would stretch from Istanbul to Manchuria.

Armenia, an ancient Christian civilisation spreading out from the eastern end of the Black Sea, stood in its way."

This is precisely what I call BS agenda driven posts. The thread title is changed... I mean what sort of discussion can we have here? Go "Haw hai"? What? What is intended here? These were the old days, million or two were killed for some reason or the other.

And we all know exaggeration was the norm as well. The Ottomans, like all Kings, were no different, they killed to establish THEIR empire, not an Islamic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom