What's new

How the Obama administration destabilized South Asia through its deals with India

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: NATION PK

joe-biden-s-nuclear-tango-how-the-obama-administration-destabilized-south-asia-through-its-deals-with-india-1485576062-4946.jpg

Earlier this month, Joe Biden in his speech at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington, DC, warned against the use of nuclear weapons in regional conflict in South Asia, Europe and East Asia. Biden publicly touted his administration’s alleged progress towards “a world without nuclear weapons”. In reality, his administration’s record on reducing nuclear weapons is largely a dismal failure.

Since the issue has leapt to the forefront of many discussions, to proclaim that their administration worked hard to halt the weapons proliferation any closer to a nuclear-free world is just spurting false claims. Not only has the administration barely made a dent in the gigantic nuclear cartels, they are also molding them into a more untidy form.

Blindly ignoring the dynamics of Strategic Stability in South Asia, which has been negatively impacted by nuclear deal and the discriminatory waiver granted to India, the U.S. and especially the Obama administration long sought to carve out special exceptions for India in the nuclear sphere. Both countries are helping each other over membership of the Nuclear Supplier Group (NSG), a 48-nation body established four decades ago to ensure civilian nuclear trade and that the nuclear material is not used for building weapons, as India has been doing itself.

Beyond the double standards, upping the ante by making India a member of NSG cartel will lead to a dangerous precedent. It would be more or less like promoting insurgency inside nuclear cartels. These steps could upgrade India as a nuclear power — and deeply unsettle power balance in the region between Pakistan and India.

Interestingly, talking about the nuclear safety and security procedures, a recent study by U.S. officials and experts has shown concern about India, arguing that despite its booming nuclear installations and materials India lacks adequate steps. This episode shows that nuclear guard force in India has a serious problem within the organization that is threatening the safety apparatus.

Keeping in mind the nuclear terrorism problem in the region, it is the Indians that have been recently issuing statements about the nuclear terrorism activities without naming Pakistan. But New Delhi herself needs to scrupulously abide by respective international obligations in order to halt such activities as it is one of the major countries where such activities occur.

For example in 2008, Indian police in the eastern part of the country seized 8lbs of uranium carried out for smuggling. However, in the same year in September, a group was caught on charges of smuggling uranium ore. In 2013 India illegally obtained uranium ore in Assam region that can be used to make crude bombs.

All this accounts to a different picture as to what has been depicted by Mr. Biden. With increasing shortcomings, India lacks understanding over nuclear safety issues as opposed to responsible steps taken by Pakistan to ensure nuclear safety. Pakistan’s nuclear safety and security techniques and practices have been appraised by DG IAEA as an impressive tool for operating its nuclear power plants.

Now, where should Pakistan go from here?

Ignoring all the discussion above, India is also trying to pace up bigger guns. With dozens of military and defense deals being made, U.S. has a major role to play in it. It’s U.S. that has been a top supplier of defense gears and materials to the Indian Armed forces. Not only this, recently both India and U.S. have signed the Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA), which will allow their militaries to work closely and use each other’s bases. This customary nature has serious destabilizing power to further alter the stability-instability paradox in the region. This will also have international implications keeping in mind its missile developments.

Not only this, but to give a new thrust to India-U.S. defence relationship, India is the only country to enter the Pentagon with a specific cell in order to streamline and channelize projects for collective production and development of hi-tech military equipment.

In retrospect, the next administration will have to navigate these dangers and needs to formulate a well-considered and calibrated military and diplomatic response to these adverse developments.

Compounded with varying difficulties, Pakistan is a developing country with restricted possessions to counter the growing challenges of geo-strategic, political, social, economic, environmental and technological changes.

http://nation.com.pk/blogs/28-Jan-2...lized-south-asia-through-its-deals-with-india

Blie Me ----

China has been Stabilizing Factor in Our East...
They stuck to rule book for every thing from Intellectual property Rights to Missile Technologies...

My Best wishes for this Alliance.

Hoping Trump will do some Justice

Last edited:
Trump is a big fan of hindu

A sane person can not love one religion andd hate others... Hinduism does not teach us to do such things...president just gave political statement only..

Last edited:
Obama helped the situation. In south Asia, there should be only one leader and it is India. China doesn't want that so it initiated in black market deals with Pakistan to establish parity with India.

Obama did Abottabad and the Nation did not forget that. Obama deals with India but what Obama can deal with Pakistan? What Pakistan can provide to USA? Its a 200 billion dollar economy!!!

I have a feeling that India will assume even more importance for Trump administration. Pakistan has to accept this as a new normal.

Trump's hate for Muslims has morphed into his love for Hindus. I don't think he has any genuine interest in Hinduism.

A sane person can not love one religion andd hate others... Hinduism does not teach us to do such things...president just gave political statement only..

ya rite not u sound just like a south asian politician

I have a feeling that India will assume even more importance for Trump administration. Pakistan has to accept this as a new normal.

Trump's hate for Muslims has morphed into his love for Hindus. I don't think he has any genuine interest in Hinduism.

indeed it will be a new normal and then there will be a new normal of China, Russia, Pakistan, & Iran will working together in near future .... Trump's hate muslims not because he loves hindus i guess he is surrounded by white supremacists & they have a certain worldview about ethnics and how o use them against each other for their dominance ..

ya rite not u sound just like a south asian politician

indeed it will be a new normal and then there will be a new normal of China, Russia, Pakistan, & Iran will working together in near future .... Trump's hate muslims not because he loves hindus i guess he is surrounded by white supremacists & they have a certain worldview about ethnics and how o use them against each other for their dominance ..

There is no China, Russia, Pakistan, & Iran. It is just some Pakistani analysts wet dreams to hedge against growing power of India in this region. I am surprised even read Pakistanis latches up to this idea. India has robust relations with Russia and Iran. The trade between India and China is 1/3rd the value of Pakistanis GDP. If there is war between India and Pakistan, Pakistan is all unto itself to take on India.

There is no China, Russia, Pakistan, & Iran. It is just some Pakistani analysts wet dreams to hedge against growing power of India in this region. I am surprised even read Pakistanis latches up to this idea. India has robust relations with Russia and Iran. The trade between India and China is 1/3rd the value of Pakistanis GDP. If there is war between India and Pakistan, Pakistan is all unto itself to take on India.

well it is you who belief in that because you think that economic factors work well .. yes it works well but to certain extent ...security is paramount. what do you think US is very keen to invest in india because it has big economy ??? do u really think in that way ??? well it is just a cover and in actual it wants to prop up india againt China and it wants to bring india to a level where it can take on China but the problem is Pakistan .. look even if we have a war like situation with Iran, believe me, Iran will not attack Pakistan & it will definitely support Pakistan against india .... this is the fact and recently held meeting in Moscow about Afghan security situation in which Russia, China & Pakistan participated shows that the trust level with indians is going down between russia and india.. i dont say that all finished just like that but it has defeinitely gown down either u like it or not ...

well it is you who belief in that because you think that economic factors work well .. yes it works well but to certain extent ...security is paramount. what do you think US is very keen to invest in india because it has big economy ??? do u really think in that way ??? well it is just a cover and in actual it wants to prop up india againt China and it wants to bring india to a level where it can take on China but the problem is Pakistan .. look even if we have a war like situation with Iran, believe me, Iran will not attack Pakistan & it will definitely support Pakistan against india .... this is the fact and recently held meeting in Moscow about Afghan security situation in which Russia, China & Pakistan participated shows that the trust level with indians is going down between russia and india.. i dont say that all finished just like that but it has defeinitely gown down either u like it or not ...

Pakistanis overestimate their importance to US in Afghanistan. You overestimate your importance in regional connectivity. You overestimate your importance in bringing peace to Afghanistan. But let me tell you, there is much larger world and more important issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom