What's new

How Russian access to Pakistan's Gwadar port and CPEC will weigh against the Russo-Indian Relations

The IMF report goes into all the details about Indian economy (Good, the bad and the ugly) if you read the full report.

Many of the points are salient given they address the issues from your source 2 - 3 years before....and what steps and reforms the current Indian govt has taken and which results are already happening and which ones need further looking into.

The point is Indian economy and Indian socio-economics are not stuck in 2014's problems.
Even if they are not, it is a long way to go..I hope you agree!

Russia does NOT need either Gwadar or Any Warm waters for Trade

Russia has DIRECT Land and Sea connectivity with
ALL its Major Trading Partners
namely Europe ; China ; Central Asia ; Iran ; Turkey

And Russia has BOUGHT India's VADINAR port which is very close to Gwadar Port

http://indianexpress.com/article/bu...y-essar-oil-vadinar-port-for-12-9-bn-3085155/

Rosneft to buy Essar Oil, Vadinar Port for $12.9 bn
wow this is huge, i never knew this.... the price of buying the port is half of China investment in CPEC over several years, while Russsia just made this huge 1 off investment.

Even if they are not, it is a long way to go..I hope you agree!

Oh sure! Even countries far ahead of India have a long way to go. Human progress and development always has a long way to go.

This region however lacks a lot in the basics for people, but we have all come a long way from the pathetic situation we inherited in 1947....but yes we cannot be complacent....the job of meeting the basics for all our citizens is not even half done...maybe 1/3rd done at best.

So definitely a long road ahead...but I am glad to see way more discourse is permeating on the subject compared to before....the stresses from seeing the elite and middle class prosper is getting those in lower middle class and poor impatient with their politicians (at least in many parts of India that I can speak personally about). This puts pressure on delivery. There is a real churning going on in Indian politics as to who delivers the best for the poor....rather than simply appealing to their caste etc and making promises. It still happens, but it has taken secondary role now after the primary discussion of what the track record delivery actually is. This is a very welcome trend, I hope it expands across the region if it is not already the case.

Just as a reminder here - we are not interested in cold ice, warm tea, tropical juice, snowy flakes. Neither are we doing a study in meteorology. The issue, the real issue here is amount of shipping passing through. That is the bottom line.

Bad weather was it? Too bad. That must have severely restricted traffic.

"More than 26,663 vessels have passed through Istanbul’s Bosphorus Strait so far in 2014, with a remarkable increase of 200 vessels in the first seven months of the year compared to the same period in 2013"

Link > http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/re...h-bosphorus-in-2014.aspx?pageID=238&nid=71753

By way of comparison let's look at the sunny, warm waters of Pakistan's largest and only major port.

"Karachi port is facilitating around 1600 ships annually while there is enough capacity to handle more cargo as the current occupancy is around 45% only."

Link > http://kpt.gov.pk/pages/default.aspx?id=39

So let me juxtapose these two facts between your 'frozen Bosphorus' with it's terrible weather and all manner of restrictions compared to the 'warm waters' of the inviting Karachi port by looking at the through shipping traffic.

Bosphorus, Istanbul ~ 26,663
Arabian Sea, Karachi ~ 1,600

With even all the 'ice' there is almost 15 times more ships sailing through Istanbul then Karachi. Looks like the snow and frequent closures has really made impact on traffic. Right?

You are one of the few Pakistanis to accept the negatives with the positive of CPEC.

Finding it hard to digest lol.... Would love to read this thread in 5 years time to see how dependednt Russia will be on CPEC as many states on here

Juat like you made your trillion$..
I just pointed out to facts,, those facts are a long view on a long term, read the article again and see if India has managed to solve those problems and how much time is needed to do that.. unless you succeed in doing that, you are very far from your claims of being in the big league.. you sound like someone missing a whole leg pretending to be a big league football player..
Hatred and bias are spitted from your venomous mouth against Pakistan and China, I came up with facts..if you reject them blame the economists for "their hatred and bias against India"..

Economy alone does not put a nation in the big league players, other factors _relevant ones_ are equally important.. that was stated in the article of 2014 I have posted above..Venezuela for instance, with its biggest OIL reserves of the world won't dare pretend that it plays even at the junior level although it has trillions of dollars in oil reserves..

==============================================

India is a significant force in world trade. Corruption, underdeveloped infrastructure, and poor management of public finance continue to undermine overall development, although the economy has sustained an average annual growth rate of about 7 percent over the past five years.

Growth is not deeply rooted in policies that preserve economic freedom. Progress on market-oriented reforms has been uneven. The state maintains an extensive presence in many areas through public-sector enterprises. A restrictive and burdensome regulatory environment discourages the entrepreneurship that could provide broader private-sector growth.

http://www.heritage.org/index/country/india
They forgot to add.."but"

why you are crying.. we already have 2.25trillion $ economy....
SmartSelectImage_2017-02-25-11-41-47.png

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/022415/worlds-top-10-economies.asp

you are the who wishing India not to progress.. even china facing troubles now.. you considered 3yr old article to talk nonsense..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom