What's new

How many Hindu Gods?- Dr. Naik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, the religion is man-made, were human beings are allowed to innovate and fabricate there own laws, philosophy, there own religious doctrine, teachings, and practice...Hence there is no single guidance, but multiple if not infinite misleading paths.

This is why in Hinduism the number of Gods is not determined, because from the very beginning the number of God's was fabricated by man. Hence this allows Hindus to fabricate more Gods, or even remove Gods if they feel necessary to do so.

Truth is Hindu scriptures (some) even mention something about the "Oneness" of God...I could be wrong.

I previously asked a few hindu members to state the number of Gods they worship and believe in...They were so embarrassed and ignorant they did not answer, however they just dodged the question and went on ranting about how I am in violation of something...

The fact the the number of Hindu Gods is not determined means there is no certainty in the religion, no certainty means no clarity, no definition, no straight forwardness, no right and wrong.

Hardly a religion sufficient enough for life forms as complicated as a human being

And surprisingly, it is most long lasted and peace loving religion on the face of the earth!

Clearly, you are missing something.

As I said Hinduism is an ancient pagan religion, we can check Hinduisms origins and establish the fact. The number of Gods in Hinduism is undetermined. If human beings are allowed to make these God's then what right or power makes these Gods, true Gods?

It's not God we change. But, by making these choices, we change ourselves.

Like I said, in Hinduism, everybody has God within himself.

Lol @ "ok that's it".

I cannot prove God, but I can prove a creator. Through science.

Theory of evolution has failed since evolution does not explain things at the cellular levels.

Consider the example of the The bacterial flagellum. The flagellum cells have a small tail like structure that rotates with the use of a motor.

Now Natural Selection methodology states that nothing can exist without it having a purpose and anything without a purpose would die off at the next evolutionary stage.

Imagine if the bacteria first developed the tail and then the motor to use it. The tail would be useless, in fact a burden on the cell and should be lost in the next stage.

Imgaine if the bacteria first developed the motor and then the tail. Then motor would run and use up valuable resources of the cell and not give any benefit and would be lost in the next evolutionary stage.

This means both the tail and the motor all came together. This complex design suggests, the bacteria flagellum was designed and not evolved.

Hence there being a creator. You want to call it God, Allah, Aliens, thats up to you and a matter of faith. But the existence of a creator is a matter of science.

asim...of the millions of biological concepts that hold true to the scientific theories...one fails and you label the whole theory of evolution as a failure?
i do believe in a supreme form but not as we understand it...it's not in the quoran nor in the bible..nor in the vedas...it's something that human mind cant fathom...religiona were written at a time when the human mind was troubled by it's newly acquired quest for a sense of understanding of the way things work around it...religions had a uniting role back then...when the world was an enormous and a mysterious place to live.now things aren't so myserious as they used to be....and with the world becoming smaller and smaller...people of different cultures cant remain isolated...and hence the same religion is playing a dividing role...

True. But whats happening now in Pakistan ?

--------
People need to grow up.

Pakistan is on the way to self combust.
Pakistan brought religion as their cause. And it is their obsession with religion that will organize their self destruct.

And here RAW might be a catalyst.
It's just my personal opinion.170 Pakistani millions are not agnostic like me.Pakistan is still a Islamic Nation but yeah Pakistanis people do over react regarding Religion.Like we should help Iran etc.I mean what's wrong with them?We are having a war in Pakistan and they want Pakistan Army to help Iran against USA?lol

As imperfect the God-made religion may seem to you, the man-made religion is not a religion. My personal take is that Hinduism long ago must've been God-made too since there are many similarities. But the men for whatever reasons, usually religious figures have twisted religious laws for political gains, kept revising it.

There were changes. But, they were needed.

Change and progress are welcome in Hinduism. This is the reason, Hinduism is still lively.

Hence there being a creator. You want to call it God, Allah, Aliens, thats up to you and a matter of faith. But the existence of a creator is a matter of science.

So true. Hinduism can update and I can start praying dark matter/anti matter and then i can make a Idol of it for my convenience but i don't think you can.

Hinduism can change with time. It gives us total freedom.

I don't think Iran would help Pakistan.In fact it has destablizied Pakistan.Just telling the feelings of some Pakistanis.They think we should help Iran because it's a Muslim country.:crazy:

That's why people need to grow up. One should not be obsessed with religion. Pakistan should have its own identity not a Arab one ....:cheers: But to do that you have to respect Hindu CULTURE/TRADITION (not talking about the idols & gods) eg. Egypt.

Lol @ "ok that's it".

I cannot prove God, but I can prove a creator. Through science.

Theory of evolution has failed since evolution does not explain things at the cellular levels.

Consider the example of the The bacterial flagellum. The flagellum cells have a small tail like structure that rotates with the use of a motor.

Now Natural Selection methodology states that nothing can exist without it having a purpose and anything without a purpose would die off at the next evolutionary stage.

Imagine if the bacteria first developed the tail and then the motor to use it. The tail would be useless, in fact a burden on the cell and should be lost in the next stage.

Imgaine if the bacteria first developed the motor and then the tail. Then motor would run and use up valuable resources of the cell and not give any benefit and would be lost in the next evolutionary stage.

This means both the tail and the motor all came together. This complex design suggests, the bacteria flagellum was designed and not evolved.

Rubbish.

It is true, that bacteria flagellum hasn't been totally explained. Nevertheless, you may want to read the following:
Evolution myths: The bacterial flagellum is irreducibly complex - life - 16 April 2008 - New Scientist
Without a time machine it may never be possible to prove that this is how the flagellum evolved. However, what has been discovered so far - that flagella vary greatly and that at least some of the components and proteins of which they are made can carry out other useful functions in the cells - show that they are not "irreducibly complex".
Evolution of the bacterial flagellum
The bacterial flagellum is a complex molecular system with multiple components required for functional motility. Such systems are sometimes proposed as puzzles for evolutionary theory on the assumption that selection would have no function to act on until all components are in place. Previous work (Thornhill and Ussery, 2000, A classification of possible routes of Darwinian evolution. J Theor Biol. 203 (2), 111-116) has outlined the general pathways by which Darwinian mechanisms can produce multi-component systems. However, published attempts to explain flagellar origins suffer from vagueness and are inconsistent with recent discoveries and the constraints imposed by Brownian motion. A new model is proposed based on two major arguments. First, analysis of dispersal at low Reynolds numbers indicates that even very crude motility can be beneficial for large bacteria. Second, homologies between flagellar and nonflagellar proteins suggest ancestral systems with functions other than motility. The model consists of six major stages: export apparatus, secretion system, adhesion system, pilus, undirected motility, and taxis-enabled motility. The selectability of each stage is documented using analogies with present-day systems. Conclusions include: (1) There is a strong possibility, previously unrecognized, of further homologies between the type III export apparatus and F1F0-ATP synthetase. (2) Much of the flagellum’s complexity evolved after crude motility was in place, via internal gene duplications and subfunctionalization. (3) Only one major system-level change of function, and four minor shifts of function, need be invoked to explain the origin of the flagellum; this involves five subsystem-level cooption events. (4) The transition between each stage is bridgeable by the evolution of a single new binding site, coupling two pre-existing subsystems, followed by coevolutionary optimization of components. Therefore, like the eye contemplated by Darwin, careful analysis shows that there are no major obstacles to gradual evolution of the flagellum.
CB200.1: Bacterial flagella and Irreducibly Complexity
The bacterial flagellum is not even irreducible. Some bacterial flagella function without the L- and P-rings. In experiments with various bacteria, some components (e.g. FliH, FliD (cap), and the muramidase domain of FlgJ) have been found helpful but not absolutely essential (Matzke 2003). One third of the 497 amino acids of flagellin have been cut out without harming its function (Kuwajima 1988). Furthermore, many bacteria have additional proteins that are required for their own flagella but that are not required in the "standard" well-studied flagellum found in E. coli. Different bacteria have different numbers of flagellar proteins (in Helicobacter pylori, for example, only thirty-three proteins are necessary to produce a working flagellum), so Behe's favorite example of irreducibility seems actually to exhibit quite a bit of variability in terms of numbers of required parts (Ussery 1999).
Evolution of Bacterial Flagella
The Flagellum Unspun

Just to remind you:

"Evolution is cleverer than you are."

:rofl:

You look lost! Don't you?

Being Hindu, you are supposed to ultimately 'find the God within yourself'.

Your bold statements looks like this -

"Every Pakistani has got a mouth. So, everybody can order PA to move." :lol:

No, dude. The thing matters most here is 'authority'. If anybody does anything purposefully and knowingly wrong, he hasn't found th God in himself.

Still confused??

Only one fact -

No one, NO ONE among trillions of Hindus in 5000 years has ever said "I, the God, demanded theft!".

So, its not how you are seeing it. Got now?
But c'mon, Hindu Gods have demanded other not so nice things out of their subjects! How about having sex with their own children? Thats no good! It's considered okay just because they are called Gods!

What a hypocrite.. I gave thanks seeing his first post. Because i seriously thought that he was saying something logical.. But after seeing the second video.. i knew that this guys seriously doesnt respect other religions and is just another hypocrite.

A hot discussion going on, I don't want to hurt anyone, but I got the impression the indians know that their religion got so many faults but are desperately defending it to satisfy themselves.

A hot discussion going on, I don't want to hurt anyone, but I got the impression the indians know that their religion got so many faults but are desperately defending it to satisfy themselves.

Ya desperately defending our religion........:azn:

Didn't Muhammd have sex with a 9 year old girl. So your revered prophet was a PEDOPHILE ?:crazy:
answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/pedophile.htm

Now lets talk theology here, shall we.

PS: Countdown to getting banned....10, 9, 8, 7....:wave:
In a thread discussing that topic, you may.

Surprise, surprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom