What's new

How India's Growth Ended In Tears

Lol at Pakistanis celebrating the slow down in the Indian economy, have you guys looked at yours?

This is just a minor blip, India growth story isn't over yet, its just starting.

Is there any particular economic reason that leads you to believe so?

And don't say "The Fundamentals of the Indian economy are strong", as far as political sound-bites go that has to be the least logical of them all. That is, if we go by the standard definition of the phrase economic fundamentals.

Fundamentals Definition | Investopedia

Investopedia explains 'Fundamentals'

For example, interest rates, GDP growth, trade balance surplus/deficits and inflation levels are some macroeconomic factors that are considered to be fundamentals of a currency's value.

Yes, there are may reasons. May I ask you what led you believe that Indian growth story is over?

I never said the Indian growth story was over, that seems a bit too "final" of a statement for my liking.

But I don't see any reason why India would go into sustained double-digit growth either.

He doesn't need one. When he says it, it has to be correct.

You should worry about your own.

Whats with this bitchy attitude mate, if you have issues with me why don't you talk it out with me?:undecided:

Aren't you a bhojpuria?

Not economic, political. Its the indecisiveness due to the impeding election, which is costing the economy. Economy will bounce back once the elections are done and over with, regardless of whichever party comes to power.

Whats with this bitchy attitude mate, if you have issues with me why don't you talk it out with me?:undecided:

Aren't you a bhojpuria?

OK sorry, I just tried to do poke CD. I will delete the post. Sorry!

I never said the Indian growth story was over, that seems a bit too "final" of a statement for my liking.

But I don't see any reason why India would go into sustained double-digit growth either.

India cannot ever have a sustained double-digit growth. Too many bottle necks and policy paralysis. 6-7% sustainable growth is what India should achieve given its strengths.

Not economic, political. Its the indecisiveness due to the impeding election, which is costing the economy. Economy will bounce back once the elections are done and over with, regardless of whichever party comes to power.

And what if Congress wins a third term, or ends up as the coalition leader for a third front (as the Indian members here say is a likely scenario)? :P

From the poll numbers it seems unlikely that BJP can win with a big enough mandate to carry through necessary structural reforms. Or even win at all, since with the low numbers they have, they need allies right?

The political situation is just as uncertain as the economic one, that's how it seems. If you can get Modi as PM then that will probably boost investor confidence massively, but I don't see how that can happen with the endless accusations and propaganda against him.

And what if Congress wins a third term, or ends up as the coalition leader for a third front (as the members here say is a likely scenario). :P

From the poll numbers it seems unlikely that BJP can win with a big enough mandate to carry through necessary structural reforms. Or even win at all, since with the low numbers they have, they need allies right?

Mind you it was the Congress which brought in the liberalization measures back in 1991, so God forbid if they are voted back for the third term, they won't hesitate to bring more reforms. Right now they don't want to take any step which might potentially prove unpopular with the public.

Decisions that are good for the economy, are not necessarily good for the wallets of the public. Laymen(voters) only care about short term monetary issues, like food prices, petrol prices, they don't care about the long term health of the economy.

And don't say "The Fundamentals of the Indian economy are strong", as far as political sound-bites go that has to be the least logical of them all. That is, if we go by the standard definition of the phrase economic fundamentals.

Fundamentals Definition | Investopedia

Heartening to see you have started copy-pasting from investopedia.

But this isn't economic fundamentals, its currency fundamentals :lol:

Copy pasting isnt so easy after all, even for the Chinese :laugh:

Heartening to see you have started copy-pasting from investopedia.

But this isn't economic fundamentals, its currency fundamentals :lol:

Copy pasting isnt so easy after all, even for the Chinese :laugh:

You know the factors listed are economic fundamentals too, right? :lol:

GDP growth, trade balance surplus/deficit, inflation, etc. are all economic fundamentals.

Can you explain to me how India has "strong fundamentals" even though all these factors are weak?

Wait till May 2014.

Thats when we will know if they lived happily ever after or it ended in tears :coffee:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom