What's new

How do you feel about Islamic State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should skin them alive where you see them..

If there's an Islamic State in South Asia you can bet your rear end that Myanmar will be one of the greatest contributor to it.

Myanmar’s largest Islamic advocacy group wasted no time in condemning al-Zawahiri’s offer. The Burmese Muslim Association called Al Qaeda “morally repugnant” and vowed loyalty to the nation of Myanmar.

The Rohingya families herded into squalid camps aren’t compelled by the convoluted politics of global jihad. They are simply trying to survive.

But for global jihadis, Rohingya communities look like fertile ground for expansion.

Those seeking to paint Rohingya society as a tinderbox of radicalism can point to various Rohingya armed factions that have come and gone in recent decades. But they have always been pathetically small, according to most accounts. And they’ve always been subservient to larger militant groups in Bangladesh, namely an Al Qaeda-linked outfit called Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami.

Even their jihadi friends have treated the small pool of Rohingya militants like cannon fodder. Those funneled to the Afghanistan front via Bangladesh “were given the most dangerous tasks in the battlefield: clearing mines and portering,” according to a report by Myanmar expert Bertil Lintner.

The number of Rohingya militants is currently “so small you can count the number of people in their ranks on your fingers,” said Rajeshwari Krishnamurthy, an analyst with the independent Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies in New Delhi.

Still, she worries that Al Qaeda may finally manage to seed radicalism among bitter young Rohingya men. “They don’t care about global jihad,” she said. “But if Al Qaeda were to offer their support, they’d take it lock, stock and barrel.”

Al Qaeda hopes to exploit the plight of Myanmar’s embattled Muslims | GlobalPost

Last edited:

What is this supposed to mean?

- You think ISIS is evil?

- You are being sarcastic because you think ISIS isn't evil?

- You are a grown man who still watches children's cartoons?

If there's an Islamic State in South Asia you can bet your rear end that Myanmar will be one of the greatest contributor to it.

Myanmar’s largest Islamic advocacy group wasted no time in condemning al-Zawahiri’s offer. The Burmese Muslim Association called Al Qaeda “morally repugnant” and vowed loyalty to the nation of Myanmar.

Burmese Muslims are smart.

Democratic Islam is where an election is held and the basic rules of Islam are held. Pacifist Islamist are the ones who are not calling on the killing of others.

What are the basic rules of Islam in relation to holding elections?

Last edited:
What is this supposed to mean?

- You think ISIS is evil?

- You are being sarcastic because you think ISIS isn't evil?

- You are a grown man who still watches children's cartoons?

Burmese Muslims are smart.

The title clearly said "How do you feel about Islamic State." FYI I also happen to still love Spongebob:
meme-doyoueven-spongebob.jpg

But I don't watch it anymore though...

i know BD is facing huge population problem but this is not the right way to reduce your population.

What are the basic rules of Islam in relation to holding elections?

There aren't much rules (saying women to stay at home rather than studying is more of traditional beliefs rather than religious) apart from following the basic rules of Islam (being conservative, i.e no night clubs, ban on drinking and modest clothing)

There aren't much rules (saying women to stay at home rather than studying is more of traditional beliefs rather than religious) apart from following the basic rules of Islam (being conservative, i.e no night clubs, ban on drinking and modest clothing)

Would democratic islamists allow women to vote? Do Bengali islamists have a problem with women going to school?

Can you explain what a democratic islamist and pacifist islamist is?

A purely imaginary and fictitious species of animal..........if that is supposed to mean extremists like Jamaatis and Tablighis. Already they (esp the Jamaatis) have wrought enough havoc in Bangladesh.

Would democratic islamists allow women to vote? Do Bengali islamists have a problem with women going to school?

1. Women have been voting and contesting in elections from the beginning of the system. Girl child has also been going to school.

2.There is nothing like an Islamist or a democratic Islamist.We are Muslims, and that's all. To be a Muslim one needs to surrender himself/herself

A purely imaginary and fictitious species of animal..........if that is supposed to mean extremists like Jamaatis and Tablighis. Already they (esp the Jamaatis) have wrought enough havoc in Bangladesh.

Tablighis are peaceful people. Only jamaat is sympathizer of extremism in BD.

Its an offensive word if you call anyone jamaati.

Tablighis are peaceful people. Only jamaat is sympathizer of extremism in BD.

Its an offensive word if you call anyone jamaati.
JeI is the best organized and most principled major political party. i honestly see being called JeI is a compliment. calling the word "jamati" is a whole different thing. this practice with intending any derogatory connotations has no place in a Muslim society or a tolerant society. a jamati is someone who is part of any jamat i.e. group. implying that to be a "jamati" is bad is saying to be part of a group is bad.

i think the most extremist group in BD is undoubtedly BAL. it goes to extreme lengths to cause terror in the name of "Bengali" fundamentalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom