What's new

How do Chinese feel about India--Latest survey in 2012

xuxu1457

Reaction score
Country
China
http://world.huanqiu.com/exclusive/2012-10/3202587.html
Global Public Opinion Research Center made a survey about India, during 10.17--10.19.2012 in 7 cities of China, in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Xi'an, Changsha, Shenyang

overall impression about India(dislike1--10like): 78% at 4-7, Attitude of neutrality;5.7% at 8--10, very like india;16.4% at 1--3, dislike;

do you know 1962 war?: 14.8% know; 43% nothing; others a little;

How do you think relationship between China and India: 61.4% chose Normal relations or good, in which 14.6% very good, 46.8% normal relations; 34.1% chose some friction; 4.5% not clear;

What are the factors that hinder China-India relations?:57.8%:Security concerns caused by the border issue; 43.6%:Mutual distrust; 40.5%: Dalai problem ; 29.1%:Indian psychological shadow of 1962 war ; 2.3% others; 12.1%: not clear;

Whether can China and India out of the shadow of war: 75.6%: can out; 24.4%: need time;

Sino-Indian border conflict in future: 40.1%--maybe; 39.6% --Impossible; 16.9%--will not; 3.4%--unclear;

Foreign Communication Research Center and Global Public Opinion Research Center jointly made another survey on "Indian feel about China" in Indian during 07.03--07.17.2012

overall impression about China(dislike1--10like): 50% at 4-7, Attitude of neutrality;37% at 8--10, like China;14% at 1--3, dislike;

China's economic development prospects: 78% believe that "China will be the development and prosperity as the world superpower" or "China will maintain stable development"
China's international status, 50% of Indian respondents agree that "China is still a regional power," saying that 35% of people agree that "China has become a world power"
68% agree that "China is still a large developing country", 53% of respondents agree that "China is a responsible country."

Sino-Indian relations, 55% Indian were "very satisfied" or "satisfied", 28% said "not very satisfied" or "very dissatisfied"

39% of respondents believed that "China's economic development is conducive to India, the Sino-Indian economic cooperation more than competition", 34% held the opposite view, 27%people believe that "little impact".

China's military development, 61% of respondents in India think that the "threat" to India, but there are still 55% of Indians believe that China's military strength is an important force for safeguarding world peace .

这个数据靠谱,better than PEW did

I have met a lot of Chinese people online and they are very friendly and want to know more about our culture and movies.

The problem is the attitude of the Indian media as even the common Indian doesnt want a war with China but the thing is that instead of common people from both country wanting peace you never know what policies the government adopts and when it decides to go on war.

But i have to say that Chinese and indian governments are not so stupid that they will go to war and hence i too believe that war is impossible.It would be very nice if we could co-operate and rule the 21st centuary together becoming the strongest countries in Asia.

Our respective countries have faced slaughter from foreign invanders and its time we become stronger and never let that happen again in future...Its really no use fighting each other.

Infact, China and Chinese felt well with India during the past 5000 years, even 1962, we are still happy with India as our neighbor

We share a lot of history from Buddhism to Hiuen Tsang.

1962 should have never happened considering our 5000 year long relation but now that it has happened it is a thing of the past and we must move on.Theres much more the future has to offer.

Foreign Communication Research Center and Global Public Opinion Research Center jointly made another survey on "Indian feel about China" in Indian during 07.03--07.17.2012

overall impression about China(dislike1--10like): 50% at 4-7, Attitude of neutrality;37% at 8--10, like China;14% at 1--3, dislike;

China's economic development prospects: 78% believe that "China will be the development and prosperity as the world superpower" or "China will maintain stable development"
China's international status, 50% of Indian respondents agree that "China is still a regional power," saying that 35% of people agree that "China has become a world power"
68% agree that "China is still a large developing country", 53% of respondents agree that "China is a responsible country."

Sino-Indian relations, 55% Indian were "very satisfied" or "satisfied", 28% said "not very satisfied" or "very dissatisfied"

39% of respondents believed that "China's economic development is conducive to India, the Sino-Indian economic cooperation more than competition", 34% held the opposite view, 27%people believe that "little impact".

China's military development, 61% of respondents in India think that the "threat" to India, but there are still 55% of Indians believe that China's military strength is an important force for safeguarding world peace .

In my post graduation @ Manchester, i had a lovely neighbor from China. She's planning to come to India for a trip, will stay at my home. Funny how some people here over-talk Indo-China war, China and India will never go to war, take my word.

I have met a lot of Chinese people online and they are very friendly and want to know more about our culture and movies.

The problem is the attitude of the Indian media as even the common Indian doesnt want a war with China but the thing is that instead of common people from both country wanting peace you never know what policies the government adopts and when it decides to go on war.

But i have to say that Chinese and indian governments are not so stupid that they will go to war and hence i too believe that war is impossible.It would be very nice if we could co-operate and rule the 21st centuary together becoming the strongest countries in Asia.

Our respective countries have faced slaughter from foreign invanders and its time we become stronger and never let that happen again in future...Its really no use fighting each other.

Very rightly said. Even I wondered when India tested the Agni 5, why the media was calling it "China Killer". Frankly Indians are not really that concerned about China, nor are they unnerved by its development, be it economically or militarily.

Can't think why indian media acts a little too much skeptical about china ..... but let me clear a point as a civilian with no so relation to military we just are awed by the progress of china ...... and i do agree that we have a notion of chinese products being bad as they are cheap ..... but again our problem we do not concentrate in the good products made by china...

@ xuxu1457:

dislike

uniike means different from someone or something else

Why blame us for what your army or government does? blame those who made missiles pointing directly towards Beijing and those in your country who label China as an enemy.

General Deepak Kapoor wasn't the army chief of those asian countries was he? ;)
Good luck with the relations, we wish you all the best.

I dint name pakistan :oops: ...

Chor ki daad imein tinka :rofl: ;)

Back
Top Bottom