What's new

How did the Hindu rulers become so powerful in the 15th century in India?

Haryana was part of punjab and so people there were were called punjabis although now they are not . There are some other haryanvis on this forum from pakistan and they call themselves punjabis .

Lol only punjabis living in haryana were called punjabis. Harysnvis are not punjabis and never were, as i said in Pakistan there was haryanvi jat president who is known as urdu speaker. Because haryanvi dont speak punjabi. There are many punjabis in delhi who migrated from Pakistan. These are known as punjabis because their mother tongue was punjabi.

What fail logic is that ? Haryana was then a part of punjab so haryanvis were called punjabis whether they spoke punjabi or not . Now they are not called punjabis though after the partition of east punjab . There are many russians in siberia who don't speak russian . that doesn't mean they are not russians

What fail logic is that ? Haryana was then a part of punjab so haryanvis were called punjabis whether they spoke punjabi or not . Now they are not called punjabis though after the partition of east punjab . There are many russians in siberia who don't speak russian . that doesn't mean they are not russians

Beta you don't become punjabi by living in haryana. You gave exemple of loveicon, even if he come from Haryana he is punjabi arain. His mother tongue is punjabi. In Pakistan actual haryianvis are known as urdu speakers, muhajirs.

No one consider them punjabis but urdu speakers. Total urdu speake population is 7%, majority of them live in Sindh. Do haryanvi speak punjabi?

Beta you don't become punjabi by living in haryana. You gave exemple of loveicon, even if he come from Haryana he is punjabi arain. His mother tongue is punjabi. In Pakistan actual haryianvis are known as urdu speakers, muhajirs.

No one consider them punjabis but urdu speakers. Total urdu speake population is 7%, majority of them live in Sindh. Do haryanvi speak punjabi?
chal beta maani teri baat . haryanvis are not punjabis anymore but they were called punjabis before 1965 when Indian punjab was partitioned into 3 states of punjab , himachal and haryana .
See the map of pre partition punjab . Haryana and even delhi was part of punjab

Punjab_1909.jpg

When jinnah demanded whole punjab to be part of pakistan , that included haryana as well

chal beta maani teri baat . haryanvis are not punjabis anymore but they were called punjabis before 1965 when Indian punjab was partitioned into 3 states of punjab , himachal and haryana .
See the map of pre partition punjab . Haryana and even delhi was part of punjab

Punjab_1909.jpg

When jinnah demanded whole punjab to be part of pakistan , that included haryana as well

Migrants from Pakisan punjab to delhi are punjabis, or from east punjab to west punjab are punjabis. Because they speak punjabi and are known as punjabis no matter where they live. Haryainvi are not punjabis, small minoriy living there who speak punjabi are indeed punjabis.

Jinnah was making deal with sikhs punjabis not haryanvis.

Migrants from Pakisan punjab to delhi are punjabis, or from east punjab to west punjab are punjabis. Because they speak punjabi and are known as punjabis no matter where they live. Haryainvi are not punjabis, small minoriy living there who speak punjabi are indeed punjabis.

Jinnah was making deal with sikhs punjabis not haryanvis.
What are you trying to say? That haryana was not part of punjab ? I already gave you the russian example

Jinnah wanted whole of punjab including haryana and himachal pradesh

What are you trying to say? That haryana was not part of punjab ? I already gave you the russian example

Jinnah wanted whole of punjab including haryana and himachal pradesh

I guess Jinnah wanted that part for sikhs, since he was offering something similar to sikhs like FATA people for exemple. Good deal for Sikhs i must say, whole himachel and haryana also included and sikh only state. No one else can settle there. Similar to FATA.

Soon after partition since punjabis made minority, GoI quickly devided Punjab to horror of sikhs, now east punjab is tiny dot on Indian map. Back stabbed by goi.

I guess Jinnah wanted that part for sikhs, since he was offering something similar to sikhs like FATA people for exemple. Good deal for Sikhs i must say, whole himachel and haryana also included and sikh only state. No one else can settle there. Similar to FATA.

Soon after partition since punjabis made minority, GoI quickly devided Punjab to horror of sikhs, now east punjab is tiny dot on Indian map. Back stabbed by goi.
That was done on their own wish...backstabbed no it was their own demand.And all states were reorganized on linguistic basis.

Lol. Yes I should have seen them as the trolls they are.

But the idea of conversion in stages is perhaps more believable. But even then, the fact that the sub continent was flooded by thousands of Sufi saints, and the fact that many people in Pakistan in rural areas usually attend the shrine of a local sufi saint in part due to their reverence for the deceased efforts in converting their ancestors to Islam. If you ever have the pleasure of coming to Pakistan, I suggest you take a detour through South Punjab and rural Sindh, one of the reasons why the Peers still hold so much relevance in politics/life today is because of their Sufi ancestors.

Isn't the fact that a lot of Pakistanis specifically hold these Sufis in high regard evidence enough that the reason these people became muslim was more down to preaching and not violent coercion ?
True :) It would be impossible to convert a whole populace in one go.
If you read Irfan Habib (Left wing) or the more even handed accounts from the West, this is what we can safely deduce -

i. Forced conversion/extermination of the rival army - the nobles, kings etc.
ii. The converted elite would then encourage more. People would flock to them to protect themselves, gain favors, patronage etc. These converts would technically happen to be without force.
iii. Peer pressure and general human desire to reach the zenith of the social order.
iv. Not all Sufis were peaceful. Some were, and they are highly respected all over the subcontinent, including among non Muslims. But their role was tertiary. The initial breakthrough came from the state (edicts/jizya etc).

Of course, I don't wish to blame anyone today for crimes done centuries back. What happened is in the past. We can only know about it today, that's all. Unfortunately all (and yes, I mean literally) all Sufi shrines in Kashmir are now gone. It is a tragedy, one that you are well aware of in your country as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom