What's new

How Dhaka looked 150 years ago (still photographs)

How am I trolling? You said Bangladesh 150 years ago. Now 150 years ago I didn't know there were cars in existence. So I raised my doubts. Answer that or keep quite. Why ascribe trolling to me? Or is it the case of not liking to be finger pointed at.
All photographs are not from 150 years ago. Photographs were selected from that time. Please, watch in full.
These pics are probably from 70 odd years ago or so.
Not exactly. The pictures are from 150 years ago to the recent. This is what the commentator said. Some are certainly 70 years old or even after that. But, I made a mistake in the thread title.

Instead of criticizing the thread, I request you guys to see the pictures with a broad mind. Commentator describes the age of each picture. Non-Bengali speakers may have difficulty to understand the years.

Last edited:
Thread title: How Dhaka looked 150 years ago.

One clear difference is not many people around.

Second, it seems Bangladesh is the technology hub of the world, 150 years ago. As clearly West could only invent a simple car in early 1900's. But Bangladesh had a car, a bus and even a discarded car in 1870's. :cheesy:
good observation and valid questions.
something is fishy either the pics are not 150 yrs old as mentioned.

Thread title: How Dhaka looked 150 years ago.

One clear difference is not many people around.

Second, it seems Bangladesh is the technology hub of the world, 150 years ago. As clearly West could only invent a simple car in early 1900's. But Bangladesh had a car, a bus and even a discarded car in 1870's. :cheesy:

still nothing compared to the RSS story of having internet during your caveman times

good observation and valid questions.
something is fishy either the pics are not 150 yrs old as mentioned.

Title of the thread is based on title of video, images themselves are a mix starting from as early as a 150 years ago.... There are many 1950s photos in there.

The photos have captions in Bangla underneath, wasn't made for consumption by know-it-all Indian trolls.

Anyway, can anyone help me understand whether vedic internet was broadcast in 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz ? Did vedic spaceships have warp drives or slip space ones ? Some very pertinent questions.... Need answering.

Title of the thread is based on title of video, images themselves are a mix starting from as early as a 150 years ago.... There are many 1950s photos in there.
ohh okay thanks for clarification, pls change title then to avoid unnecessary Indian trolls.

Vedio is from 1940's i believe, reference of Dacca University in the vedio/
Loving the old Dakha, much much better than the sea of rikshaw's now. So beautiful ans clean.

Some old photos are from the 1800s. The latter photos are from 1960s, it says the years in the subtitles.

Back
Top Bottom