What's new

How Chinese people see each other

CardSharp

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Amusing maps of how Chinese people from different regions see each other.

How Chinese view each other(Flash version with English and Chinese)

shanghai_mapChina.jpg

In Chinese
china-map-beijingers.jpg

china-map-shanghainese.jpg

A real map of China for reference
official_mapChina.gif

Last edited:
According to Shanghaiers and Beijingers, I am a giant man and a country bumpkin

Interesting how big a difference between the dialect used in the Fujian province and Guangdong province despite being so close together.

Last edited:
When they 'see' each other...guess what do they see???? ...they see a Chinese ofcourse:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

it's quite true, people from central china and shanghai are like from different universes =)

I see the same increasingly-cosmopolitan Hans in merely different cities. I have lived in Taipei. Okay, I was only six. I have visited Beijing (e.g. Friendship hotel), Chongqing (e.g. guest of government research institute), Hong Kong (e.g. Century hotel?; memory getting fuzzy), and Singapore (e.g. near Raffles hotel). I felt very comfortable in each city.

Someday, I will visit Shanghai. I have been to the Sears Tower; renamed Willis Tower. I must see the Shanghai Tower after it's built.

singaporeintercambiosin.jpg

Singapore

bs1userid98894time20100.jpg

Shanghai, China

taipei1011337576131n.jpg

Taipei, Taiwan

hkcentralskyline2988862.jpg

Hong Kong

I see the same increasingly-cosmopolitan Hans in merely different cities. I have lived in Taipei. Okay, I was only six. I have visited Beijing (e.g. Friendship hotel), Chongqing (e.g. guest of government research institute), Hong Kong (e.g. Century hotel?; memory getting fuzzy), and Singapore (e.g. near Raffles hotel). I felt very comfortable in each city.

Well said. :cheers:

That looks awesome (the pictures of buildings)

Since you are a fan of cities, I will post the remaining three cities that I have on my hard drive. More and more Hans are moving into major cities. China will soon become a country of urban residents. China will become increasingly cosmopolitan and sophisticated.

shenzhenlycheepark.jpg

Shenzhen celebrates its 30th anniversary as China's first SEZ

chinachongqing99065.jpg

Chongqing, China

chongqingnightview52637.jpg

Chongqing at night

dalianskyline2009.jpg

Dalian, China

dalianrow442590110.jpg

Dalian at night

dalianlargeshoppingmall.jpg

Shopping mall in Dalian, China

lol very intersting.
I am from FuJian and FuJian province yes has many languages.Here is a green word where Forest coverage 63.1% areas according to 2009 .People are very friendly.we are not the richest people in China ,but we have the best enviroment in China.

lol very intersting.
I am from FuJian and FuJian province yes has many languages.Here is a green word where Forest coverage 63.1% areas according to 2009 .People are very friendly.we are not the richest people in China ,but we have the best enviroment in China.

By the way, "zhou" means city in Mandarin. Take the two largest cities and name the province after their amalgam. For those of you that are interested in the etymology of the word "Fujian":

Fujian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The name Fujian came from the combination of Fuzhou and Jian'ou, two cities in Fujian, during the Tang Dynasty. It is one of the most culturally and linguistically diverse provinces in China with Han Chinese majority."

Back
Top Bottom