What's new

How about that Tesla Stock ? 900 down to 677

Bubble had to pop one day, the figures just don't add up to support Tesla's stock price.

How does Tesla stock go up so much, based on what?

Everyone knows the guy hardly made any money....

However, future may hold different news.

The thing is - is it time to buy now??

Some of my buddies are just salivating to pull the trigger...
Heh. No, I actually believe Tesla will stick around. The China market alone gives Tesla a lease on life, and that lease will remain so long as our good friend Elon does as he's told by the Chinese government.

At the end of the day, Tesla is an electric car company. I'm told it makes good electric cars, but so do a lot of other companies. It has no monopoly on any technology involved in electric cars, and it's too stupid to get into a worldwide deal with CATL - it has to make do with whatever it can scrounge up from Panasonic's piddling output. If it ditched Panasonic and hopped on the CATL bandwagon, I might be convinced that some of the hype is justified.

See, this is what the Tesla fanboys never explain. What does Tesla have that NIO, Xpeng, BYD, etc. or any of the legacy automakers switching to electric don't? A head start? MySpace was around before Facebook, where are they now?

The super-duper-hyper performance cars that go from 0-100 in 20 nanoseconds or whatever are just toys for the rich. Nobody ever got to be a juggernaut making toys for the rich. Case in point
Lamborghini market cap: $11 billion.
Toyota market cap: $250 billion.

I have a couple of middle income friends who bought the 3 series and they are fine with the cars. $30k a pop. Who can say no?

Niche marketing or not, I like the cars, especially the first version.

@blueazure ..... Hey mate, what do you think? I think the price will go up purely due to Fed printing money. The concern is despite $1.9 Trillion stimulus, the Tesla share has still not climbed to $880 where it was trading only a few weeks ago.

im buying NIO

TSLA is too expensive and over valued .

check NIO ..

The car market is big enough for multiple players. Even if Tesla becomes the 5th largest manufacturer, it will still sells millions. Not as prominent as selling cars, tesla makes giant utility batteries thats will a big earner for tesla.

People need to stop obsessing over being number 1.

Read above post...... and I will make the same offer to you as I did another poster. If Tesla reaches $100 a share I will be banned from PDF. If Tesla reaches $1000 a share you are banned from PDF. Deal? After all, you seem almost certain of Tesla’s demise.

I would be careful.

'Big Short' investor Michael Burry says Tesla stock could plunge 90% without major fallout - and a slump could reduce speculation | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com)

Also you need to keep your narrative in check, on other threads you are promoting the 1.9 trillion stimulus package as catalyst for the US economy growth and here you are referring to it as a reason of inflation which by all accounts is around the corner. Infact, Dr Burry is predicting Hyper inflation.

you don't want to bring up may last post from a month ago for present reference :)
I said 600 its almost there :)

Short term corrections are normal for Tesla, but the long term trend is massively up. That’s what ultimately matters.

The entire EV market has corrected in the last month. Has nothing to do with Tesla.

Electric vehicle maker XPeng took in new money from a local Chinese government. It was a small investment so investors are excited about the news—in a small way.

XPeng (ticker: XPEV) shares were up more than 4% in midday trading Tuesday. The S&P 500, by comparison, was up about 0.1%. Tesla (TSLA), which accounts for roughly 70% to 80% of the total market value of EV companies worldwide, was down about 1.2%.

The Chinese EV maker is getting the cash from the Guangdong provincial government’s investment fund, which focuses on emerging areas such as energy vehicles. The fund is putting in 500 million Yuan, or about $77 million, into an XPeng subsidiary.
The money is likely for growth. XPeng is expected to increase sales by more than 140% in 2021. Currently, XPeng has two factories, both in Guangdong province. One, in Zhaoqing, is producing cars. The other, in Guangzhou, is under construction.

XPeng shares have been on a wild ride. Shares are down 50% from their 52-week high of more than $74. But the stock is also up 37% from recent lows.

The swings can be pinned on investors, who have been digesting a lot of news, including weaker-than-expected February deliveries, higher interest rates and competitive announcements from car makers such as Volkswagen (VOW.Germany).
The company says February deliveries were affected by the Lunar New Year holiday. XPeng, or any other auto company, can’t control interest rates. Higher rates hurt high-growth stocks more than others. For starters, higher rates make it more costly to finance growth. And Volkswagen, for example, just announced updated, aggressive EV goals. The German car company wants to be selling far more EVs around the globe that it previously projected.

Over the past few weeks, all the news has made it tough to predict whether XPeng would go up or down. Difficulty predicting the stock will continue for the short term, too—at least until first-quarter numbers are released in a month or two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom