What's new

How about Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, TVS in Pakistan?

I am a Pakistani a Pakistani of Pukhtoon origin, but I am a Pakistani first, if people of certain ethnic group feel they are same or similar race to those east of the border then fine, say for example I am a Sindhi and I am desi or same race to those east of the border that's fine but don't say Pakistani because that includes me and many like me who don't feel that, same goes for those who feel racial association with those west of the border, say Pukhtoon is same or similar race to an afghan but don't say Pakistani.

What can I say I started to hear this word desi on this forum, I thought desi were predominately a referral to Gujarati, Patels, I could be wrong but Punjabis in my eyes are watanis and not desi.

Every body hates you.
:laughcry:

India-built big trucks drive beyond SAARC

homeBanner.jpg

Tata Prima

Even as the domestic commercial vehicle market is on the road to recovery, exports are growing with increasing acceptance for Made in India big trucks in markets beyond SAARC region.

Though annual export volumes of medium and heavy duty (M&HD) trucks are below 20,000 units (as compared to domestic sales of about 162,000 units), they are expected to grow significantly in the coming years in view of the aggressive plans of domestic and foreign companies.

In FY14, exports of M&HD trucks grew by about 40 per cent at 16,709 units, while during the first quarter of present fiscal, it more than doubled to about 5,000 units (2400 units). These are excluding exports of Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) as it doesn’t disclose monthly or quarterly sales.

Among the key reasons for increasing truck exports by Indian firms such as Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland are development of modern trucks and high HP engines. By producing trucks with world-class features and powered by higher HP engines, these companies could make such products appeal to buyers in various markets, particularly in developing nations.

ashok-leyland-neptune-engine-292013-m1_560x420.jpg

Ashok Leyland Neptune Engine

Also, global brands such as Daimler and Volvo have made their Indian operations as their export hubs to serve various markets, yet another acknowledgement for India’s world class manufacturing capabilities.

Presently Tata is the largest truck exporter from India, followed by VE Commercial Vehicle (VECV) and Ashok Leyland. Tata’s present major market is SAARC nations, while it is aggressively expanding to African region, Australia and Indonesia, among others. DICV has been selling India-built Fuso trucks since May 2013 in various markets as India has been made as its hub to serve Asian and African markets.

VECV’s present export markets include South Asia and some countries of Africa and Middle East, its new products that are being unveiled now will also be adapted for exports to these markets by leveraging the Volvo Group distribution.

“The exports focus of India OEMs has shifted from just meeting the requirement of nearby countries to relatively more developed/advanced markets in South-East Asia, Middle East and Africa with newly developed truck platforms,” said Shamsher Dewan, Vice President, Icra.

homeBanner.jpg

Tata Prima

Even as the domestic commercial vehicle market is on the road to recovery, exports are growing with increasing acceptance for Made in India big trucks in markets beyond SAARC region.

Though annual export volumes of medium and heavy duty (M&HD) trucks are below 20,000 units (as compared to domestic sales of about 162,000 units), they are expected to grow significantly in the coming years in view of the aggressive plans of domestic and foreign companies.

In FY14, exports of M&HD trucks grew by about 40 per cent at 16,709 units, while during the first quarter of present fiscal, it more than doubled to about 5,000 units (2400 units). These are excluding exports of Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) as it doesn’t disclose monthly or quarterly sales.

Among the key reasons for increasing truck exports by Indian firms such as Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland are development of modern trucks and high HP engines. By producing trucks with world-class features and powered by higher HP engines, these companies could make such products appeal to buyers in various markets, particularly in developing nations.

Also, global brands such as Daimler and Volvo have made their Indian operations as their export hubs to serve various markets, yet another acknowledgement for India’s world class manufacturing capabilities.

Presently Tata is the largest truck exporter from India, followed by VE Commercial Vehicle (VECV) and Ashok Leyland. Tata’s present major market is SAARC nations, while it is aggressively expanding to African region, Australia and Indonesia, among others. DICV has been selling India-built Fuso trucks since May 2013 in various markets as India has been made as its hub to serve Asian and African markets.

VECV’s present export markets include South Asia and some countries of Africa and Middle East, its new products that are being unveiled now will also be adapted for exports to these markets by leveraging the Volvo Group distribution.

“The exports focus of India OEMs has shifted from just meeting the requirement of nearby countries to relatively more developed/advanced markets in South-East Asia, Middle East and Africa with newly developed truck platforms,” said Shamsher Dewan, Vice President, Icra.

The Pakistanis should cooperate with us on Automobile sector they get jobs & we get some extra cash

Although it's an old thread but can't stop myself from posting in it.

My current Bike:
color_absolute-black.jpg

Done 560Kms in a day, gone till 118km/hr. And after that trip only i was tired not my Bike. Love you "Lord of Streets".

My previous Bike:

3.jpg

Used it for almost 5 years and it was nice. Although i wanted to have TVS Apache but my dad allowed me this.

I am jealous of my Dad as it was his Bike:

royal-enfield-bullet-350-3.jpg

The Pakistanis should cooperate with us on Automobile sector they get jobs & we get some extra cash
I wish the same,
if somehow a local manufacturing deal is made with Indian Automobile Companies, especially the ones in two wheeler sector then it'll benefit both the parties but if its just local assembly then i dont its gonna work out,

Firstly,I didn't check the date,I was browsing some bikes in Pakistan,and came across this thread in google.

Also,the subject of this thread is still relevant,Pakistan's automobile field is lagging behind and Indian companies will find lot of opportunities there.Cost of operations can be minimized due to the advantage of location,and Pakistan will get a much needed change.Win Win for both countries.
Same, I found this thread via google. was looing for pakistani bikes and found this thread instead

well brother thing is indian autos will never suceed in pakistan cause pakistanies before eltting in indians will give complete freedom to chinese and chinese bikes are almost half the rates of indian ones though indian bikes are better suited for the sub continent conditiond and abuse deu to owr bad roads and overloading attitude

just look at what great buisness a 1980s era tech "chinchi" is doing there

ya but we can make a lot of money in spare parts for the same :woot::woot:
Thas certainly not the case, even the best of chinese bikes arent that good as compared to what Ive seen in indian bikes, plus since there's not tha much of competition so they still sell em in prices that arent exactly worth it,

I don't understand why some people from Punjab province claims that Pakistanis are "desi" people.
Desi = Indian. Taken from Sanskrit word Des. Pakistanis are most probable descends of Arabia or Turkey. Punjabis in Pakistan who claim to be Desi are most likely migrated from India.

Both have markets for each other's bikes, Pakistanis can get access to Indian 150cc bikes, while Indians can get more fuel efficient bikes, given that they meets our emission standards.

oh come on now

Desi = Indian. Taken from Sanskrit word Des. Pakistanis are most probable descends of Arabia or Turkey. Punjabis in Pakistan who claim to be Desi are most likely migrated from India.

just like natives are in North America because Native is an english word. Desi is Hindi and urdu word, its just a word that means local it does not mean people of certain area or religion, even a arabian or Turkish origin person born and live in Pakistan is a desi person.

Indian car companies like Tata, Mahindra and 2 wheeler comanies like Bajaj and TVS are one of the biggest manufacturers of automobiles in the world (Eg: Bajaj Auto is world's 4'th largest 2 wheeler maker).

But sadly these companies have not been able to do business in Pakistan due to political reasons. Has the time now come for these companies to enter Pakistan with its products?

Before Pakistan allows this Indian economic invasion into her country, I think the bigger question is, what will "India" let Pakistan sell in India?

There was a Trade Expo just Yesterday for Indo-Pakistan products. The Shiv Sena's terrorists came in, destroyed all Pakistani trade posts (stalls as you guys call in Indo-Pak) and forced everyone to leave.

So the trade can't be one way. It needs to be balanced for both parties. For every billion the Pakistanis spend, Pakistan should get gain a billion inside her economy through her own products and services sales too. And Shiv Sena and RSS and the BJP (all cousins of the Indian Government of today's times) need to be stopped. One can't expect trade when you block, beat and at times, kill the other party trying to do the same!! Just my opinion.

Any foreign trade and other delegation and dignitary is the responsibility of the host country.

just like natives are in North America because Native is an english word. Desi is Hindi and urdu word, its just a word that means local it does not mean people of certain area or religion, even a arabian or Turkish origin person born and live in Pakistan is a desi person.
You proved yourself wrong :coffee:. Whites in America are not naives, just like Pakistanis are not Desi. Moreover Pakistan is a part of Extended Middle East.

You proved yourself wrong :coffee:. Whites in America are not naives, just like Pakistanis are not Desi. Moreover Pakistan is a part of Extended Middle East.

So Pakistan was cut from India, shared the same cultural and language but for your "convenience" its now a part of the "Greater Middle East"? Changing the world order and geographies inside your head? Let me guess, too much Whiskey....???? It is the weekend and even I am hung over :enjoy::rofl:

Before Pakistan allows this Indian economic invasion into her country, I think the bigger question is, what will "India" let Pakistan sell in India?

There was a Trade Expo just Yesterday for Indo-Pakistan products. The Shiv Sena's terrorists came in, destroyed all Pakistani trade posts (stalls as you guys call in Indo-Pak) and forced everyone to leave.

So the trade can't be one way. It needs to be balanced for both parties. For every billion the Pakistanis spend, Pakistan should get gain a billion inside her economy through her own products and services sales too. And Shiv Sena and RSS and the BJP (all cousins of the Indian Government of today's times) need to be stopped. One can't expect trade when you block, beat and at times, kill the other party trying to do the same!! Just my opinion.

Any foreign trade and other delegation and dignitary is the responsibility of the host country.
Its not neccesary to have trade of same thing both ways. If India has better automobile industry then why import from Pakistan. Although other things can be imported. I am in favour of direct trade between India and Pakistan. And for your reciprocaring thing, India has a dedicated channel for imported Pakistani shows while Pakistan is yet to telecast an Indian show legaly forget about launching a saperate channel.

So Pakistan was cut from India, shared the same cultural and language but for your "convenience" its now a part of the "Greater Middle East"? Changing the world order and geographies inside your head? Let me guess, too much Whiskey....???? It is the weekend and even I am hung over :enjoy::rofl:
You are confusing history with present. Most of people living in Pakistan are invaders, under estimating mass migrations. And Pakistan was created on religious basis and not on ethnic bases. I can point out difference between an Indian and a Pakistani but its hard to point out differnce from a Pakistani and an Arab or other Middle Eastern. Look your Army chief he look like Saddam Hussain of Iraq.

Its on them to decide. We shouldn't be begging them to sell our products.

If I am not wrong then their army uses Land Rover Defender , which is owned by TATA
So logically TATA is in use in Pakistan already lol

These types of things happen in South Asia on a more positive note i bought 2 Pakistanis suits in last trade fair for my Mom :pakistan:

homeBanner.jpg

Tata Prima

Tata has been in africa since late 70s. except for south africa where man, volvo dominate the rest is tata trucks

Back
Top Bottom