What's new

Housing F-16, Amraam missiles at Jacobabad: PAF wavering to sell non-operational land

I have said it before as well after the blk 52's time we move on!

Yes, they did considered this idea. That's exactly why Pakistan's been cooperating heavily with China instead of relying on the American industry. MBT Al-Khalid, a joint project to mass produce a cost efficient fighter (JF-17), the F-22P frigate, and now in the near future, the procurement of J-10B for the Air force, are all part of this new strategy. These are just "Some" of the equipment that we'd be getting from China as part of our new strategy to rely on China as our major arms supplier.

Can you compare it with a former data ? Then only we can say that Pakistan's strategy has been highly changed...but still Pakistan has to rely on US for key technologies at least 15 to 20 years. By the way I have to say that currently Pakistan is playing a dangerous game in the aircraft procurement.

Can you compare it with a former data ? Then only we can say that Pakistan's strategy has been highly changed...but still Pakistan has to rely on US for key technologies at least 15 to 20 years. By the way I have to say that currently Pakistan is playing a dangerous game in the aircraft procurement.

Ironman plzz elaborate in how Pakistan is playing a dangerous game in the aircraft procurement?? :what::blink:

Ironman plzz elaborate in how Pakistan is playing a dangerous game in the aircraft procurement?? :what::blink:
I believe there is a reason behind the arms block towards Pakistan by US. But relying on Russia who is never been a friendly nation to Pakistan what should it be called?. In a war like situation they can play a crucial role, for example just by delaying some spare parts to the engine may blow the entire force.

Last edited:
I believe there is a reason behind the arms block towards Pakistan by US. But relying on Russia who is never been a friendly nation to Pakistan what should it be called?. In a war like situation they can play a crucial role, for example just by delaying some spare parts to the engine may blow the entire force.

Do you know time frame of J-10's delivery to Pakistan it is 2014-15 do you know why because current J-10 is not 100% Chinese (Engine) Pakistan don't want to relay on a third country for fighter it is getting from China.

Other than that JF-17 is also using Russian engine but this is going to be change and on top of that PAF has assurance from China for engine.

Rest I think Ex-ACM Tanveer Mehmood Ahmed said more than once that F-16M deal is last deal with US for AF that this fact speak volumes about intentions of PAF top brass when it comes to procurement of new fighter platforms.:cheers:

Do you know time frame of J-10's delivery to Pakistan it is 2014-15 do you know why because current J-10 is not 100% Chinese (Engine) Pakistan don't want to relay on a third country for fighter it is getting from China.
Is Pakistan waiting for an indigenous Chinese engine? I don't think so.
Other than that JF-17 is also using Russian engine but this is going to be change and on top of that PAF has assurance from China for engine.
Look, the production of JF-17 has already been started with a seperate $238million contract signed between Russia and China for 100 RD-93's with an option of increase more. Pakistan will definitely get the engine but still need Russia for the spare parts. So Pakistan's entire hope relies on the R&D success of WS-13. That's why I called it is a dangerous game.
Rest I think Ex-ACM Tanveer Mehmood Ahmed said more than once that F-16M deal is last deal with US for AF that this fact speak volumes about intentions of PAF top brass when it comes to procurement of new fighter platforms.:cheers:
If US really wants to block arms to the Pak do remind that be it the proposed SAAB-2000, the trainers, majority transport aircrafts of PAF and etc.etc..all using US originated components.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom