What's new

Home-made engines to play major role in China’s future fighters

To be honest, I will think that a big country like China will have been able to have developed a reliable working engine by now long time ago. Its iindeed strange/funny they haven't been able to do it since then, for the worlds second largest economy (soon be largest if things goes well) its really a shame they haven't been able to developed an operational one by now. So its not all about large economy/PPP or whatever. Its more to do with technological capabilities of a country, historical factors etc.
So I won't expect a working reliable/fully operational/widely tested Chinese engine until about a decade from now. Its still not that bad though, at least they can console themselves with the fact that only we the U.S , France and Russia have been able to produce a reliable engine until now. So China coming after that isn't that bad. But they could do better for their size IMO.
I was just correcting the beidou guy who seemed to think China is ahead of U.K in engine tech. Lol. Something even the mighty Americans recogniz we have a slight lead over them in. :bunny:

Lool little shitty island technology? Lool. A technology China has been spending billions in for years now, but still haven't been able to produce a fully reliable engine to date? Why is it you still import engines from soviet Russia (who's engines still lags behind us and the U.S by the way)? You should sk yourself why chin hasnt been able to export its fighter jets , simply because it doesn't have an independent engine yet, and relies on Moscow for them. So no country will want to buy a fighter jet from you when you can't provide them with an indigenous engine yourself, and they have to negotiate with Moscow again for that. Etc.

I wasn't laughing at China per say, I as laughing at the beidou nationalistic guy who said China is ahead of us in engine tech. Lool something even the most nationalistic Chinese out there know its totally false. so China first has to catch up with Russian engines before it can even think of matching us and the U.S in this field. This is not bad mouthing or whatever, this is just stating facts. :cheers:

I understand what you're saying and I agree that China still lags behind the UK in the engine department. But when you make blatantly false claims that even a simple google search will show are inaccurate, you don't do yourself any favors. :cheers:

Last edited:
In civil aviation we all know that the big 3 are P&W, GE and RR. So when it comes to civil aviation market, the UK is on par with the US in military aviation the UK really cant compete with the US, they are able to use their huge defence budget, that the UK cant hope to match even in collaboration with the europeans.

So in the end its just one company, RR that leads the fight in aero engines. Without RR we would be like any other european nation, reliant on the US.

The J-11B/BS is already in production and in service with domestic engines. These are not prototypes.

nHMJwxN.jpg

QRuY1Tf.jpg

So I really don't even see how this whole engine thing is an issue anymore.

In civil aviation we all know that the big 3 are P&W, GE and RR. So when it comes to civil aviation market, the UK is on par with the US in military aviation the UK really cant compete with the US, they are able to use their huge defence budget, that the UK cant hope to match even in collaboration with the europeans.

So in the end its just one company, RR that leads the fight in aero engines. Without RR we would be like any other european nation, reliant on the US.

Yes i totally agree with you bro. Had we had chinas economic weight/size/resources then im sure we would have been wayyy more than a match for the U.S in all aspects/fields. The U.S simply has such a lead ahead of us because of its huge budget/economy/size, so it can afford to invest huge sums in its defence/industries, which we lack. However, even so we are not doing bad, giving our size.:cheers:

Last edited:
The J-11B/BS is already in production and in service with domestic engines. These are not prototypes.

nHMJwxN.jpg

QRuY1Tf.jpg

So I really don't even see how this whole engine thing is an issue anymore.
Precisely, the problem is not abt China not producing a modern turbofan but ramping up the production. Just becos it absent on J-10A does not means , it's no good. It just that PLAAF set WS-10A priority on J-11B first.

Production is the issue , not operation. Mike2000, you shall do more research before you write anything.

To be honest, I will think that a big country like China will have been able to have developed a reliable working engine by now long time ago. Its iindeed strange/funny they haven't been able to do it since then, for the worlds second largest economy (soon be largest if things goes well) its really a shame they haven't been able to developed an operational one by now. So its not all about large economy/PPP or whatever. Its more to do with technological capabilities of a country, historical factors etc.
So I won't expect a working reliable/fully operational/widely tested Chinese engine until about a decade from now. Its still not that bad though, at least they can console themselves with the fact that only we the U.S , France and Russia have been able to produce a reliable engine until now. So China coming after that isn't that bad. But they could do better for their size IMO.
I was just correcting the beidou guy who seemed to think China is ahead of U.K in engine tech. Lol. Something even the mighty Americans recogniz we have a slight lead over them in. :bunny:
It is because the mighty sun-never-set empire made China suffered in the 18 centruary, we lived in nightmare that single unnamed country from the west world with guns could bully us. And now UK never give up its filthy plot in Hongkong, you fished in the trouble water in the occupying-middle ring movement. Don't try to put up on the air, it's just time we will surpass you in both economy and technology.Hypocratical at the most i will say. take care of your scotland so that Mr Cameron won't shed his tears like crying baby.

Precisely, the problem is not abt China not producing a modern turbofan but ramping up the production. Just becos it absent on J-10A does not means , it's no good. It just that PLAAF set WS-10A priority on J-11B first.

Production is the issue , not operation. Mike2000, you shall do more research before you write anything.
Save your time, he is not illterate.

UK is going down, not even worth of mention.

I understand what you're saying and I agree that China still lags behind the UK in the engine department. But when you make blatantly false claims that even a simple google search will show are inaccurate, you don't do yourself any favors. :cheers:
Can UK produce a turbo-jet engine with thrust power beyond 13 tons?

Can UK develop a 5th gen fighter on his own without sidekicking with USA?

Can UK develop so well without the money looting from India and CHina?

It is because the mighty sun-never-set empire made China suffered in the 18 centruary, we lived in nightmare that single unnamed country from the west world with guns could bully us. And now UK never give up its filthy plot in Hongkong, you fished in the trouble water in the occupying-middle ring movement. Don't try to put up on the air, it's just time we will surpass you in both economy and technology.Hypocratical at the most i will say. take care of your scotland so that Mr Cameron won't shed his tears like crying baby.

Save your time, he is not illterate.

UK is going down, not even worth of mention.
Yes. UK did screwed China, but first you have to blame tis bitch.
The_Ci-Xi_Imperial_Dowager_Empress_(5).jpg

Than you have to blame Chinese in general. We were weak, we got exploited. Let this be a tough lesson. The winner take all. Losers become slaves. Survival of the fittest.
The world only respect the strong.

Yes. UK did screwed China, but first you have to blame tis bitch.
View attachment 138937

Than you have to blame Chinese in general. We were weak, we got exploited. Let this be a tough lesson. The winner take all. Losers become slaves. Survival of the fittest.
The world only respect the strong.

Actually, the manchurians are very inflexible. The Han Chinese wanted to reform and are highy adaptive The only machu emperor willing to accept changes is guangxu emperor but he lack the power.

Back
Top Bottom