What's new

History of TTP in Pakistan

You could get into trouble with this kind of post. It isn't in tune with the general atmosphere in PDF, nor does it align with the accepted narrative. Any Indian daring to say this kind of thing would be met by a storm of hatred. It might be a very good idea to edit your post, or even to delete it.
Its true there was confusion regarding these people in the beginning....and people say these things on tv and other media. And don't worry about me really.....you have some wrong notions about our society....

Its true there was confusion regarding these people in the beginning....and people say these things on tv and other media. And don't worry about me really.....you have some wrong notions about our society....

Starting from the end, well, yes, perhaps that would be true of this forum, not of the robust civil society that seems to have taken firm root in Pakistan. I did mention that I was speaking specifically of PDF. However, all is not necessarily well yet.

As for worrying, my friend Raza Rumi has re-settled in the US after an assassination attempt failed, killing his harmless driver. Another friend does not participate in Pakistani forums because he attracts very hostile attention almost at the point of entry, and within the tenth post, people accuse him of being Ahmedi.

No doubt your society is improving rapidly, just at the moment when ours is going through a nightmare. There is still reason for caution. Discretion is the better part of valour.

TTP did not emerge out of the blue. It took years of elaborate ideological training, funding and arming to create TTP and much of these funds and training were imparted by none other than PA officers. The big question is, what so seventh largest army and state government doing while this was going on. If Pakistani state cannot control rougue activities inside it borders, it may as well declare its failure and request foreign help.

Starting from the end, well, yes, perhaps that would be true of this forum, not of the robust civil society that seems to have taken firm root in Pakistan. I did mention that I was speaking specifically of PDF. However, all is not necessarily well yet.

As for worrying, my friend Raza Rumi has re-settled in the US after an assassination attempt failed, killing his harmless driver. Another friend does not participate in Pakistani forums because he attracts very hostile attention almost at the point of entry, and within the tenth post, people accuse him of being Ahmedi.

No doubt your society is improving rapidly, just at the moment when ours is going through a nightmare. There is still reason for caution. Discretion is the better part of valour.
I believe you have put me in the wrong category. I haven't read raza rumi a lot but have an idea about his writing. I do not want a secular pakistan but an islamic republic of pakistan.

As for your society going through a nightmare, it happens when people with a superficial understanding of religion acquire power. If hindutva guys get a free hand and fully express themselves, they would have a lot of similarity with islamic extremists(its visible in flashes but get little coverage)

I believe you have put me in the wrong category. I haven't read raza rumi a lot but have an idea about his writing. I do not want a secular pakistan but an islamic republic of pakistan.

Fair enough; I stand corrected. As you might gather, I am a strict secularist, and would ban any reference to religion in public affairs (perhaps making an exception for the Army, and its SarvaDharmaSthala, that is quite unique and unknown anywhere else).

As for your society going through a nightmare, it happens when people with a superficial understanding of religion acquire power. If hindutva guys get a free hand and fully express themselves, they would have a lot of similarity with islamic extremists(its visible in flashes but get little coverage)

That is one of the most penetrating observations I have read. Precisely my own sentiments. It is their half-baked understanding that leads to their unthinking and totally senseless positions.

Anyone who has visited Swat can tell you how taliban were criminally allowed to thrive in a close knitted society.
If we have to find the people who let it happen, four fingers point towards the people who supposedly have sworn to protect us.

Someday public might be able to know those things for fact that how they were not punished when it all got started and spiraled out of hand later.

Back
Top Bottom