What's new

History of Punjabis

1901 census of Muslims of punjab
GridArt_20220810_161639400.jpg

GridArt_20220810_161943571.jpg

Makes sense what I find weird is every tribe apart from Gujjars are like spread all over the country whilst Gujjars are mostly in Northern Punjab and some are spread in the Mountains of KPK and AJK.

Are khokhar and jatt different? This is confusing stuff. @Maula Jatt
Khokhars are of Rajput lineage so yeah they are different but some Khokhars claim to be Jatts which is bs. Just like some masalis claim the title of Bhattis.

Makes sense what I find weird is every tribe apart from Gujjars are like spread all over the country whilst Gujjars are mostly in Northern Punjab and some are spread in the Mountains of KPK and AJK.

Khokhars are of Rajput lineage so yeah they are different but some Khokhars claim to be Jatts which is bs. Just like some masalis claim the title of Bhattis.

There are Rajputs and then there are Rajpoots.

Dude all my people called ourselves Jutts, it's very recently I heard this BS

Yes besides I think jutts are a people group, you can technically be both

Maybe some identify with one, other's with something else
You can say that but mostly Khokhars are of a quasi-Rajput lineage its confusing especially in this age where in some areas maslis are branded as Bhattis 🤦🏻‍♂️.

I have never heard of punjabis being driven out from quetta.. personally know punjabis people who live there today.
And here you just speak for yourself.
@Mirzali Khan may put more light.

Not sure what they're on about, there are still plenty of Punjabis living in Balochistan, maybe a few left. Take this guy for example:

1661626178294.png

Ahmed Mujtaba, UFC fighter born in Quetta. His parents are Awans from Talagang, Chakwal who are settled in Balochistan.

Controversy alert! 💀

Thaughts on this guy...
View attachment 869065
Khizar Hayat Tiwana -Last PM of pre partition Punjab

I think his heart was in the right place and understandable if you were in his position but looking back it was a very wrong and dangerous take, as anyone with a functioning brain can see

I don't think there's anything wrong with what he said. Culturally Punjabi muslims, hindus, and sikhs are similar just the lifestyle and customs become radically different when there is religious difference.

Also what he fails to consider that if partition didn't occur Punjabi muslims standing in Punjab would be the lowest as Sikhs had the most wealth at the time.

Even the champion Noor Butt had great relations with the other Indian punjabi weight lifter but that doesn't mean their lifestyles are the same.

Not sure what they're on about, there are still plenty of Punjabis living in Balochistan, maybe a few left. Take this guy for example:

View attachment 874193

Ahmed Mujtaba, UFC fighter born in Quetta. His parents are Awans from Talagang, Chakwal who are settled in Balochistan.

He's talking about post-Bugti targeted killings of Punjabi workers and laborers in 2006 by BLA.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what he said. Culturally Punjabi muslims, hindus, and sikhs are similar just the lifestyle and customs become radically different when there is religious difference.

Also what he fails to consider that if partition didn't occur Punjabi muslims standing in Punjab would be the lowest as Sikhs had the most wealth at the time.

Even the champion Noor Butt had great relations with the other Indian punjabi weight lifter but that doesn't mean their lifestyles are the same.

He's talking about post-Bugti targeted killings of Punjabi workers and laborers in 2006 by BLA.

Punjabi culture is all based off of Sufism and Punjabi Muslim history. Anti-Muslim Sikhs are goofballs especially when their holy book reveres Baba Farid Shakarganj as one of their Gurus. :lol:

Many of us certainly are. My father is from Sarai Alamgir (used to be a part of Jhelum district until the late 90's, but it's still within Jhelum's cantonment limits) and he told me about Porus with great pride about his achievements.

Us Pakistanis certainly need to appreciate our history, especially our pre-Islamic one, much more than we currently do. Other than Pashtuns, Baluchis and those who claim ancestry from Islamic nobility, the rest of us really don't care as much as we should about our past prior to Pakistan's independence. This has allowed our eastern neighbour to claim it as their own, to the point where they even named themselves after OUR river.
And i am a proud native of Jhelum districit.
Its a very tough place now and then a true hell for invaders. People are tough as rock but very hospitable to their guests. After all there as a reason why even today in forces most soldiers and officers are from jhelum and chakwal. Unfortunately neutrals at the top gave bad name to the true sons of the soil.
Its a shame today a monument of the invader alexander is erected there instead of a true son of the soil Raja Porus. Someone who gave the mighty greek army a resistance they never faced elsewhere. Today we are not owning our great ancestors just because of the fear of mullahs. Both me and my late father argued on this topic and at the end we both agreed that a statue of Raja Porus should be in our districit.

Back
Top Bottom