What's new

Hiroshima survivor urges Pakistan, India to denuclearise

Pk_Thunder

Reaction score
Hiroshima survivor urges Pakistan, India to denuclearise

HIROSHIMA: Both the nuclear powers in South Asia — Pakistan and India — should take concrete steps to denuclearise the region and resolve their core issues through talks and give peace a chance to prevail, said Takashi Teramoto, Atomic-bomb witness here at Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation while talking to The News.

“I formally believe that the peoples of both the countries want peace as when I last time visited India, I saw people protesting there in favour of denuclearisation in the region and they were exerting pressure on Indian government to quit its nuclear policy.” “And I’m sure that people in Pakistan and civil society must have been in favour of purging the region of nuclear weapons,” he said.

He went on to say that he wished no country in the world should get exposed to the agony that Japanese people had experienced because of the atomic bomb dropped by US on August 6, 1945 that resulted in immediate massive human loss of 140,000 people and disappearance of whole city of Hiroshima from the map of Japan. There are some people who are still facing the adverse impacts on their lives.

“I was just 10 years old and student of elementary school in 5th grade at that time and when the disastrous explosion took place I was inside the house — one kilometre away from the hypocenter wherein the bomb was dropped

He narrated the gruesome and ghastly events saying: “I remember very well that my friends who were playing outside the house stepped in with their faces and arms soaked in blood, but they knew nothing what happed with them. I mentioned that their arms, backs and faces were soaked with blood, and then they realized that something bad had happened to them. And after that they went to the arms of death one by one. That is something I cannot forget.”

Teramoto with visible anguish on his face recalled that his mother who came to Hiroshima to take him from school to another city where she used to live had died in the bomb explosion as she had to extend her visit for two days as the teacher did not allow her to take him home pleading that other students would feel bad.

He said the Hiroshima tragedy is the biggest one in the human history. He recollected mentioning that at the time of explosion he just saw a huge flash and then he smelt the stench of the rotten human bodies. “Now I am 77 years old and many days have elapsed since the ruinous tragedy took place and I recall that awful day every day.”

Earlier, Yashio Shibata, Director of Peace Promotion Department in the city of Hisroshima, while talking to The News said that according to the investigation most of the people living in Hiroshima had died before the explosion took place because of the radioactivity. “The bomb that was dropped was approximately three meters long and weighed four tonnes containing 50 kilogram uranium, but the instantaneous fission of less than one kilogram released the equivalent of 16,000 tonnes of high-performance explosive. He said 50 percent of the energy was released in the form of the blast, 35 percent in the form of heat waves and 15 percent in the form of radiation. He said that the intense heat rays and blast crushed and burned nearly all buildings within two kilometres of the hypocentre.

He said people of Hiroshima want that no country and no city in the world should be exposed to nuclear explosion, which was why Matasui Kazmi, Mayor of Hiroshima has launched the campaign worldwide to denuclearise the whole world to ensure lasting peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We should learn from the gruesome history of Japan and resolve our conflicts and all outstanding issues amicably and peacefully.We cannot change our neighbors so why not live peacefully if not as friends.

Its a noble gesture on the Man's part but he lives in his own idealistic world . He needs to acquaint himself with current geo-politics of the world. Maybe then he ll sing a different tune and call for complete Nuke disarmament instead of singling out India and Pakistan.

Nuclear bomb could maintain peace in region. Thats why USSR and soviet did not fought directly. India and pakistan did not decleared war during kargil. It is useful unless we use.

It is surprising that he is urging india and pakistan not them who actually dropped the nukes.

Might is right and no one else has the right to have nukes.

denuclearization is not the option,my point was to promote peace through resolution of the conflicts between the two neighbors so as to avoid the destructive repercussions that people of Hiroshima have gone through.

funny thing... why dont they urge USA? They are the one who dropped it on Hiroshima not us....

Anyway Pakistan wont give up its nuke until India does,,, India wont until Pakistan and China Does,,,, China Wont Until US does,,, US wont until Russia does,,,, Russia wont until US and Eurpeon countries and NATO does....

Moral: NO ONE IS GIVING UP ON THEIR NUKES.....

era of nukes are gone,they are show piece.economies and countries can be destroyed by other tools too.

funny thing... why dont they urge USA? They are the one who dropped it on Hiroshima not us....

Anyway Pakistan wont give up its nuke until India does,,, India wont until Pakistan and China Does,,,, China Wont Until US does,,, US wont until Russia does,,,, Russia wont until US and Eurpeon countries and NATO does....

Moral: NO ONE IS GIVING UP ON THEIR NUKES.....

Amen to that.

Absolutely correct:tup:

Nukes are VERY GOOD for deterrence.They have avoided so many wars.

1)pakistan was responsible for 9/11??and how much they lost in wot??indirectly they lost most due to american interference.
2)india pakistan war in kargil sector.

kargil war was not a full fledge war and about american, don't know what you saying?

Back
Top Bottom