Hindu Boy coverts to Islam on Live TV in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackdaws

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Full Text - Hindu boy converts to Islam on TV in Pakistan - Pakistan News - IBNLive

A Pakistani television show broadcast live a Hindu boy converting to Islam, prompting a leading daily to say that it sent "a clear signal that other religions don't enjoy the same status in Pakistan as Islam does".
An editorial in the Dawn on Friday said that it's been apparent for a while now that the country's electronic media will go to extreme lengths to spice things up and "religion is now fair game too".
"In yet another example of how the industry's commercial goals trump ethics, open-mindedness and common sense, on Tuesday a television show broadcast an imam leading a Hindu boy through a live conversion to Islam carried out in the studio as part of the show, complete with the audience joining in to suggest Muslim names for the new convert.

"There is no reason to think the boy was not converting of his own free will, but the whole event had the distinct air of being carried out to give viewers something new and different to watch, even if that meant dragging an intensely personal and spiritual experience into public view," the daily said.
The editorial said that "more disturbingly, what the channel obviously didn't stop to consider is the message this broadcast would send to the country's minorities".
"The joy with which the conversion was greeted, and the congratulations that followed, sent a clear signal that other religions don't enjoy the same status in Pakistan as Islam does. In a country where minorities are already treated as second-class citizens in many ways, this served to marginalise them even further," it rued.
The daily observed that the problem with Pakistani media is that "it is missing a responsibility chip, hurtling ahead with what seems like exciting content without stopping to consider the ethical implications or appropriateness of its programming, or the message it will send to all Pakistanis, not just those it considers the mainstream"

Sounds like a slow news day.

boy o boy .... why are we concerned about any one accepting any religion ???:what:

The article was that media is now making money of the people attracted by religion. This shows the overwhelming majority of people excited by religion in Pakistan.

I wonder if their will be reality shows soon like Rakhi ki Sayambhar or Mtv Roadies where people will be asked to perform some tasks before they can convert.

If he got converted to Islam by his will than it must not be of anybody's concern. He is Pakistani first then a Hindu so it by no way matters to Indian Hindus or Indian muslims.
This is a beauty of Hinduism he could get converted to faith he thinks good for him, but if same guy dont like Islam in future he will have to remain trapped in for all his life to come.

Its gud , now the boy belongs to wic group Shia or Sunni or other. Can Sunni muslim can convert to shia muslim or vice versa is possible?.

come and experiance it your self and tell us where they are descriminated. there is no descrimination based on religion in public domain in INDIA and I can assure you that.

On topic - the boy did a smart thing. there is a old saying in Tamil which mean "be naked when people arround you are naked or else you'll be the odd man out".
his family stayed back during partition to be treated as un-wanted, but this boy did what can be described as converting to the wanted group.

Now you are presuming that the only thing his brain could have done was survival in a society. What is so hard to believe that his brain actually wanted to become a muslim? He added he was already following the religion in his own capacity long before this day.

Now you are presuming that the only thing his brain could have done was survival in a society. What is so hard to believe that his brain actually wanted to become a muslim? He added he was already following the religion in his own capacity long before this day.

yeah I can absolutely believe that... May be he really wanted to be a Muslim..
No issues here...
Everyone has to chose the path for himself... :angel:

I have seen a Muslim converting into Hindu and vice versa... No biggy...

If it was a Muslim man, converted to any other religion live on TV in Pakistan, he would have been lynched by now, and his family must have been killed.

yeah I can absolutely believe that... May be he really wanted to be a Muslim..
No issues here...
Everyone has to chose the path for himself... :angel:

I have seen a Muslim converting into Hindu and vice versa... No biggy...

exactly .. and I am guessing its a ramadan thing, lots of channels are going full religious to boost ratings .. Things will get back to normal with the political dog fights after eid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom