What's new

Hillary’s bad trip to India

India and the USA have a high regard for each other, they are both the worlds largest and oldest democracies and will be the greatest friendship of the 21st century, some on my friends in the US army has told me that both the military's have nothing but respect and friendship for each other and love working together.

India and the USA have a high regard for each other, they are both the worlds largest and oldest democracies and will be the greatest friendship of the 21st century, some on my friends in the US army has told me that both the military's have nothing but respect and friendship for each other and love working together.

correct, i have friends in both US and IN navies, and from what I can see, both forces have favourable views of each other

How are you so sure that pulling out of IPI not in our national interests??? There is nothing wrong in asking/reading before typing if you are not aware of the issue...In case you do then kindly enlighten us on the question I asked above...And in case you are trying to compare our records in not bending to pressure viz-a-viz US then we beat you hands down...so let's not compare because there is nothing to compare...

blah blah When No Answer ...

Her browbeating mission to India backfires -- and shows that we have yet to understand our supposed partner

By Jason Overdorf,

Salon – May 10, 2012

NEW DEHLI, India – Washington’s feel-good mission to India this week was long on browbeating and short on substance, signaling that America has yet to understand its supposed strategic partner.
Landing first in Kolkata, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton came to India with a substantive agenda. She acknowledged the importance of regional leaders to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s coalition government by meeting with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee — the biggest impediment to opening India’s multibrand retail sector to investments from foreign companies like Walmart — in Kolkata Monday.
Then, she moved on to meet Singh and Congress Party President Sonia Gandhi, as well as Foreign Minister SM Krishna, in New Delhi later in the week.
But whatever groundwork for cooperation Clinton might have laid in her private meetings with these leaders in advance of next month’s strategic dialogue in Washington was undermined by her public speeches browbeating India on Iran and mouthing the same old platitudes on Pakistan, Indian policy experts say.
“She’s overplaying her hand on Iran,” said Kanwal Sibal, former Indian foreign secretary. “Knowing the complexities in India and the political sensitivities involved, for her to publicly pressure India to reduce its oil purchases from Iran, I don’t think it sits well with the larger political establishment in New Delhi. I don’t think she’s winning any arguments in favor of her case. On the contrary, she’s causing a degree of resentment.”
From the outset, Clinton’s visit was awkwardly timed. Apparently designed to encourage India to further reduce its oil imports from Iran, in compliance with US sanctions, it coincided with the visit of a trade delegation from Tehran.
“It is too difficult to tell at the moment” if she was able to establish any common ground, according to Sumit Ganguly, political science professor and Indian cultures expert at Indiana University. “Also, India may have trouble trying to reduce its dependence [on Iranian oil] too drastically.”
Other observers are pessimistic.
Despite its public rejection of US sanctions on Iranian oil, India has been quietly reducing its imports, and has negotiated a deal to make half of its purchases in Indian rupees — which Tehran can only spend on goods made in India.
Already, India’s oil imports from Iran plunged 34 percent in April, as Indian refiners are expected to cut volumes from Iran by more than 20 percent this year. However, India is reluctant to rely too fully on oil from Saudi Arabia, which is a staunch supporter of Pakistan.
By using the bully pulpit to make her case (and speak over Indian heads to poll-bound Americans), Clinton may therefore have alienated a government that was already convinced and taking action, some argue.
In Kolkata, for instance, Clinton “played up” Tehran’s alleged involvement in the attempted assassination of an Israeli diplomat in New Delhi this February, asserting that Iran is a terrorist state. Meanwhile, she went no further than to repeat Washington’s usual formulations on Pakistan — that Islamabad “should do more” to ensure that terrorists don’t use the country as a launchpad, Sibal said.
“From our point of view, Pakistan has been involved in terrorism for years and years and years, and there’s this terrible thing that happened in Mumbai. But Pakistan is not declared a terrorist state … The United States doesn’t even talk politically of Pakistan as a terrorist state,” Sibal said. “In this background, based on this one-off incident, to tell us that Iran is a terrorist state, I don’t think is going to win her points.”
Indian and American interests converge more today than ever before. Washington would like New Delhi to become a stronger player in the region to offset some of Beijing’s growing power. America’s ongoing pivot toward the Pacific coincides with India’s “Look East” policy aimed at broadening its trade and influence in Southeast Asia. And America’s historical alliance with Pakistan is now barely limping onward as a marriage of convenience.
But that doesn’t mean that the Indian and American agendas converge on every point.
In proceeding directly to India from her visit to China, for instance, Clinton underscored Washington’s position that it views both countries as of equal importance. Yet amid support for India’s move into Southeast Asia, the US also continues to entertain China’s ambitions in India’s backyard.
And whatever avowals Washington is willing to make privately about the desire to balance China with another rising power, when it comes to issues like the dispute over the borders of Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh, America wisely retains a studied silence.
“If things turn hot with China, we can’t really rely on the US to back us,” said Rajiv Sikri, a former Indian ambassador to the US. “So how can India be burning its boats with China, or Iran, or any other country? The US attitude in moments of crisis will be determined by US national interests which may or may not coincide with India’s.”
In a nutshell, that’s why Indian policymakers are reluctant to give up the country’s historical stance of “non-alignment” and stake the country’s future on a full-fledged alliance with the US.
But perhaps more importantly for Clinton’s visit, for any Indian leader to publicly kowtow to American dictates in India’s neighborhood — however desirable the intended outcomes may be — would be tantamount to political suicide. So while Clinton spoke as though her administration is the only one with an upcoming election to worry about, her interlocutors in India’s Congress Party forged full speed ahead to push new trade agreements with Tehran across town.
It was as clear a sign as any that Washington is still somewhat in denial about the nature of this strategic partnership.
“India will never be in the kind of position that Japan or some of the other allies are,” said Sikri. “The US is not offering the kind of security umbrella to India that it does to these countries, and it never will. Nor will the Indians accept it, I think. Nor is it a feasible proposition. So for the US to expect India to accept blindly whatever the Americans say is extremely naive.”
According to Indiana University’s Ganguly, India’s move to boost trade ties with Iran in the midst of Clinton’s visit sent a “very bad” signal in that context, suggesting that New Delhi’s response to American policies will continue to be a kneejerk no to preserve a “hackneyed” idea of India’s strategic autonomy.
But insiders from India’s foreign policy establishment like former ambassador Sikri argue that India’s “feisty” response to US pressure on Iran marked a maturation of the strategic partnership, rather than its decay.
“There is a genuine friendship with the United States, a desire for closer ties, through trade, commerce, people-to-people relationships, which makes for a very deep, across the board Indo-US partnership,” Sikri said. “Even when government-to-government relations are not the best, these sustain it. We can have a dialogue with the US that enables us to have a candid exchange of views without derailing the relationship.”

Hillary's bad trip - Hillary’s bad trip - Salon.com

Problem with US and other Western champions is, they want to come in the position to handle fate of Indian nationals anyhow, no matter how many corrupt politicians/ diplomats/ beaurocrats they have to keep feeding. and also at the same time Britain emerged as a failed nation whose rulers want to keep double agents of ISI in their pockets to keep organising bomb blasts in India also, whenever they get angry even if hardly a man of early 30s may say something in anger, they just score 10-20 indians somewhere in response in India. over 800 were killed by Indian Muzahidin in 2008 and finally one of then, Kasab, was found a ‘hired’ Pakistani national and their handlers like David Headley were double agents of US. and those rogue ISI agents who handled IM were found double agents working for Britain, helped by Mr Musharraf :pop:

and the same is seen when 2 Italian marines scored two Indian fishermen recently. First they want to talk on different issues and if they get angry, they don’t hesitate to kill Indian people somewhere in response. And Ms H Hillary Clinton might have thought that all these efforts to kill Indian nationals in India and also in Australia/ US/ UK during last 4-5 years might have brought the Indian rulers in the position for a bargain till now. she might be hopeful that all these which continued for last over 4-5 years might have bent India in front of US/ West. But it’s a simply logic that Indian rulers mustn't let these Western b@stard to come in the position to handle fate of Indian nationals if they don’t hesistate to organize killing of Indian nationals, even if few may say wrong words in anger or in fun. These people gotto be resisted in any case, until survival of last Indian national also exists :tup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I have also proposed from my side that, over 5 years have passed like this and things are continuing as it is so I don’t think they may understand value of life of Indian people until their own people is also killed. And until the most wanted Indian terrorist like Dawood Ibrahim is getting protection fron CIA/ MI6, RAW would also give a type of security gurantee to those groups like Al Qaeda who may score the same number of Western people in US/ UK/ West also. until tax payers of US/ UK/ West don’t lose their own people, they won’t understand meaning of life of Indian people, I don’t think so :disagree:. As my personal experience says, begging to those who may kill your people is infact encouraging them to keep doing like this. you cant beg for a very long to those who may kill your people :disagree:. But if RAW may organise killing of even one of these Western handlers who handle killing of Indian nationals, these western rulers may then understand that there is a limit to see all these and India may finally reach a level when they may decide to kill all those who may be a threat to Indian nationals walking on the streets of India :agree:. either these western halders who are behind killing of Indians would stop, or, they gotto be killed to stop all these in India, limited options, and I hope Ms Clinton understand the limits of ours to keep telling them to stop all these. :usflag:

And it must also be taken in care that even if attacks on the Indian nationals were continuing in US/ UK/ Australia in 2009-10, their Western media was firmly standing to support all those acts. Hence, I would also propose that tax payers of these Western countries, who are funding these terrorist organization like CIA/ MI6, would also be made to understand that people are people, Indian or Western. and hence I would recomond that Western people would also be given a habit of counting life of their people like how we counted over 800 Indian nationals in different terrorist attacks in India in 2008, backed by the governments of US/ UK/ Australia. I straight made a clear statement in Australia in early 2010 that all those class 6th/ 7th pass Australian nationals who were attacking on the international students in Australia were free to do so as they knew that they can’t be harmed no matter what they did with the International students in Australia in 2009/ 10. But if few of those under high school pass Australian attackers might have been scored/ killed, none of them could dare to attack the international students in 2009-10, it’s a fact/ truth. And before we reach this level, Ms H Clinton would try to convince those drunk Western rulers who are not controlled and are drinking and keep doing all these. Tax payers of West would either control their rulers/ media by themselves or finally others will have to fight for their survival, its also true :)

Once China is too powerful to be contained, USA will move on to exploiting india. Nobody, not even USA, wants to see 1+ billion indians reasonably wealthy. :)

i see very few sensible comments from you and this is one of the best from you :)

West will never accept India as a 'successful' nation, never :no:. and there are two ways to get success in life, either study hard and perform good in any profession/business, or, adopt the path of crimes to become rich. And if the people of US/ UK/ Australia are now under high school passed, over 90% of their people are near class 6th/ 7th standard, then they and their government may only adopt the path of crimes to see their people wealthy in future also :pop:. Either they would be able to rise by themselves or they would have those slave professionals who may help their companies have high technologies, their rulers/ businessmen know this :agree:. “Falling powers are always dangerous and we gotto be able to defend ourselves from these falling powers/ economies, it’s a truth.” Indian highly qualified professionals have proved their use in the top US’s firms who got high techs through these slave professionals. And whether these US’s firms may maintain slavery of these high qualified Indian professionals, it’s the question right now as now more experienced Indian professionals are now willing to have their own companies. US/ West as a nation will never accept 'Indian' as a 'successful' 'identity', never :disagree:, and how Indians will defend themselves, it will be interesting to see.

China does has communists but India doesn’t and democracy means people decide the ‘rule’ and when they get aggressive, they may start breaking laws also. A ‘black’ face of democracy is, “Majority rule over minority.” And rigth now Western majority is trying to find those in India who may help the Western majority rule over minority India. Western Champions believe, “two cultures either kill each other or enslave each other.” At the same time they mustn’t like to see the identity of being Indian above to US/ West and how India will defend itself from these ‘falling’ economies/ powers, we will see in coming time………………..

yeah, and Obama once ranted to his supporters, "if one billion Indians all get food and enough nutrients, how would this world look like? we have to avoid that from happening, " kind of remarks, ring the bell?

yeah we know US is not a friend of ours
they have their personnel goals and we have ours
but the best part is US needs India more than India needs US
so chill, we know how to handle them

Soo india is the only retard country in the world who think a responsible nuclear stats a "terrorist":D country, & expecting sane ppls from other countries to say this illogical idiotic thing abt Pakistan....lol:D

obviously US cannt risk relation with Pakistan just to make indians happy soo keep crying:D

i wonder wht india will(can) do in protest..:P

i dont know what are u talking about
US cant risk relation with pakistan (were u sleeping for the last 10 yrs)
Do u think India needs to do something?
plz speak logical,dont :blah::blah:

That is why kept shaking & wet your pants on IPI and pulled out while Pakistan is Still firm to go ahead with it for sake of It's Interests. You Indians can only talk big.

Dude, we will not accommodate ANY country as long as it is not in our national interest. That list includes u and every other country on the planet. Doesn't just apply to :usflag:. We do not need to be doing something counter-productive to our own interest simply to prove to a few fanboys that we are not on the side of the USA. We don't give a $hit about projecting an appearance or taking a stand needlessly either. We just do what we feel we should be doing for the betterment of our country.

Soo india is the only retard country in the world who think a responsible nuclear stats a "terrorist":D country, & expecting sane ppls from other countries to say this illogical idiotic thing abt Pakistan....lol:D

obviously US cannt risk relation with Pakistan just to make indians happy soo keep crying:D

then here I may ask you, tell me name of only country which ever used nuclear weapons? you will get the answer :meeting:

and dont forget US dropped nuclear weapons on the Japanese civilians walking on the streets to bargain with the japanese troops employed on the border to surrender. and japanese troops didnt surrender by the very first nuclear attack by US, but after the second nuclear bomb attack on another japanese city after just 3 days, when it got cleared that US might then drop many more nuclear bombs on the japanese women and kids walking on the streets if the Japanese troops employed on the border dont surrender :pop:

I think you were living in cave. Welcome to real world. Go check USA relationship status with Pak. It's complicated :D
We don't care about USA. We only care about India and if USA can help India we will take it but not against Indian interest :D

For your knowledge I want to make a prediction here :D
When USA get out of Afgan and after that any incidence like 9/11 happens guess which country they gona bomb ??? :D it isn't a hard answer

Do u think US Pak relationship is peaceful?

remarkable how unintelligent the posters are when it comes to foreign policy or how gullible they are to take ONE AUTHORS OPINION EDITORIAL and make that into the ultimate truth.

Iran is a terrorist state. It's military wing does what it wants and as seen on the streets of Delhi. In the name of terrorism they violated India's sovereignty. Nuclear Iran will make the world extremely dangerous. India should drop oil imports in a responsible timeline or face sanctions over supporting terrorists. The rest of the civilized world and separately china is also slowly adhering to it...

Hillary was spot on and unlike the authors assertion, Indian foreign service is in agreement. It's just the pace - which is in minor contention.

Back
Top Bottom