What's new

Hillary may push for fighter aircraft deal with India

That's not really true. COuld you name some examples of true allies that show this example. india and the US should stop thinking o bein temporary Allies and instead focus on really building a relationship for the long term. That is the key that will elimnate all these fears.

On a fair analysis, the ideal situation should have been different. US is a global player by all means however I would like Asian players to come united. I am not against US India nexus, but it has to be based on friendship and partnership.

It looks a little odd when it all started when we started fighting with each other for some **** peice of land and even armed the other country by guns and spies.

The things have changed now. We cant think of a friendship that is possible with China and Pakistan. The tentacles of west have spread enough to our own weaknesses...It kind of saddens me.

The navy will have a challenge, at the most they would want to buy 30 F-35Cs, and then by the time the next carrier comes and it becomes bigger N-PAKFA will also surface...Just creating a logistical line for 30 fighters will not nake sense. Economically IMO. We have never operated LM fighters and currently MRCA will lead to Rafale and EFT when Rafale already has a carrier version they might want to go for Rafale, which will make sense even for smaller numbers as IAF and IN Rafales can be meintained by one facilty and that would make sense.
I'm not so sure for N-PAK FA cause firstly the russians may wanna make it STOBAR based while our future carriers will be CATOBAR secondly it's a huge aircraft i mean even US navy with world's largest carriers doesn't operate f-15s from them.

Its in the mutul interest of both countries. Take a good hard look at the CHina - Pakistan Nexus. They have a plan and are working towards it. It is the destruction of India. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fool to not see it. They will give you signs of friendship and allow you lower your guard but thats exactly what they want. When both nations attack, India cannot fight alone. We need to make strong decisions about our future. We have to look after the survival of our nation first and foremost. This isa chance for us, to really the US how we are a capable partner and let our action speak not our words. India buy the fighters, it ill be the best deal in the long term scheme of things.
Are you saying that US-India can only be friends if our armed forces choose to buy everything from US only my friend thats not possible Russians have been our longest friends but we don't buy everything even from them. we have the world's 2nd largest military, 4th largest air force and 7th largest navy so we cannot depend on any single arms supplier. If US is indeed interested in friendship then why is it forcing us to choose equipment thats not good enough to purchase unless US sweetens the deal with alliances. small armed forces like Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Israel, UK, Australia, Singapore can afford to be all Americans we cant. We'll buy equipment from US but only things that are best in their roles like C-17s,C-130s,P-8Is,E-2Ds,etc.
also we'll do everything we can to avoid signing those derogatory contracts which are made with the purpose of humiliating any self-respecting nation. they should offer to base IAC-2 on the gerald r ford class that we wont refuse.

Also i must remind you that after 1961 indo-sino war the US arrived in India with ammunition and supplies but they were late and we didn't wanna continue the hostilities. but we got bad blood among us in the 1971 indo-pak war US ordered the USS Enterprise to invade Bay of Bengal and only the Russians had the deterrence to force them out of the decision. The Russians also sent a strong message to China by deploying several missiles on the Russo-Sino border.

Today the US wants to be friends then it's about time it starts behaving as one. A good way would be to send the USS Enterprise again to these waters for defending Bay of Bengal from ex-Varyag. the aircraft carrier will be soon retired so offer it to Indian Navy the hull should be free we'll pay for refurbishment but we'll only fly Super Hornets of it not JSF cause we and Lockheed Martin got very bad blood among us cause they've been giving jets to pak for free so if u want us to operate JSF then you'll have to give em to us for free. If the US can do this then it would have proved it's a worthy friend and the world'll witness an era of indo-US friendship like never before and we wont even mind signing those contracts.

If you are our friend then prove it and remember actions speak much louder than words.

Also there's a saying handed down to us by our forefathers it says that "The US is a dangerous enemy and a lethal friend."
I must say it was foolish of US to expect any loyalty from Pak these fellows have betrayed their own nation at the critical point of independence why would they stay loyal to US.

wat do u mean??

India already operates too many different types of planes. India has Mirages, Sukhois, MIGs, and will get Typhoon or Rafale after the MMRCA tender. How is the ground crew gonna cope with all the different parts/systems once the LCA and PAK-FA enter service in large numbers?

India already operates too many different types of planes. India has Mirages, Sukhois, MIGs, and will get Typhoon or Rafale after the MMRCA tender. How is the ground crew gonna cope with all the different parts/systems once the LCA and PAK-FA enter service in large numbers?

whole world exist in our india:lol:
india will be a place where tech from every portion of the world will come and live..i dont mind this:lol:

I'm not so sure for N-PAK FA cause firstly the russians may wanna make it STOBAR based while our future carriers will be CATOBAR secondly it's a huge aircraft i mean even US navy with world's largest carriers doesn't operate f-15s from them.
Russia made Su33's for carrier it wouldnt be a very big job to make N-PAKFA

whole world exist in our india:lol:
india will be a place where tech from every portion of the world will come and live..i dont mind this:lol:

His point was that operating too many different platforms from too many different countries can be problematic - especially during times of war. You won't see that in the world's leading air forces.

His point was that operating too many different platforms from too many different countries can be problematic - especially during times of war. You won't see that in the world's leading air forces.

That is correct.

However, it is not so, if one air base operates one type of aircraft since back up of technicians and spares are there at hand.

Further if there is a ToT, then there is no problems at all!

In fact, having a mix allow one to beat any sanctions that can be imposed in the event of a war!

That is correct.

However, it is not so, if one air base operates one type of aircraft since back up of technicians and spares are there at hand.

Further if there is a ToT, then there is no problems at all!

In fact, having a mix allow one to beat any sanctions that can be imposed in the event of a war!

not to mention it would cause a huge migraine because of training and spares cost to operate that many fighters may seem good but the cost and problems will come back to bite you

News is Hilary didnt push for the fighters instead she pitched for the other deals like Helicopter etc.

The point of MRCA is to replace the whole Zoo of fighters that we have in our inventory. Let me show how:

-- EFT/Rafale Replaces MiG-25 (already out), MiG-27 and older MiG-29s as well as oldest Mirage 2000s
-- Tejas Replaces MiG-21 and MiG-23M series (already out).
-- AMCA will Complement the MRCA aircraft (whichever selected).
-- PAKFA/FGFA will Complement the Su-30 MKIs

So technically there will be only 4 types of aircraft in our inventory. We've handled double of that before and that too during wars. This should be a cakewalk for IAF ground crew.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom