What's new

Hijab is not Bangladeshi culture, its Saudi culture: Former minister Menon

The level of retardation on PDF is astounding.
True man dont know why they bring India and Hindus in every topic related to Bangladesh , they still suffer from 71 syndrome

Atleast Islam has this law. Show me other religions that even give the half of father's property to his daughter. show the original law from another religious scripture.
This is true, Islam has inheritance law for daughters in scripture which is missing in other religions scripture.
Bangladeshi hindus don't even give a single paisa as inheritance to their daughters. Hindu political leaders resist any changes to their family law, because they fear their daughters will marry Muslim men and take their property with them :lol: Love Jihad :lol:

I think it's best for everyone to not judge anyone based on religion. Right yourself, abide by your country rules and you are good. Stop forcing your version of religion on others.

You are another one, I am not pushing my version i don't have one nor could even think of one. Its the only and real version of islam that regards to the hijab , read what he wrote you will understand what I was trying to safeguard.I was just proving a point which I clarified simply if you don't know the whole story then try to push something on others like me you wont get any points for that go read what he wrote first before speaking again to me.

Another fool hijab is mandatory to muslim woman this brainless idiot some one should tell him islam is not a culture but a discipline for humanity and it has no boundries chupkali ka anda ki soch ha is chutiya ki

Isn't beard compulsory for men? How many Muslim men have that... does you PM has?

Wake up now....If we have to flourish, we should be more focusing on women's education and not Hijab

Hijab is traditional Arabian attire. Islam just happened to be from Arabia, does not mean one has to wear Arabian style attire. Men certainly don't wear the Arabian garb.

The man is referring to the burka when he says hijab. In BD, people commonly associate burka and niqab with hijab.

He is absolutely right that the burka and niqab is from Arabia and has nothing to do with our culture.

The Islamic requirement of hijab involves dressing modestly, covering all body and the hair. Bangladeshi women cover their bodies adequately with Sari or Salwar kamis. Many don't put on the headscarf and/or dupatta, that's the only lacking. In that regard most Muslim women of all Muslim countries rarely cover the head nowadays. Only the Arabs cover head in large scale not really because of religious reasons but because it is part of their culture. In western countries you can see Arab girls wearing skin tight dress but wearing a headscarf, which is a mockery of hijab.

Rashed KHAN MENON, yup KHAN is very bangla, authentic Bangla culture.

Khan surname must be very Pakistani. Tell us more...

@bluesky please share your knowledge where Khan surname came from and how it became widespread in Pakistan.

@Homo Sapiens @UKBengali Welcome to share your knowledge on Khan surname.....lol

Last edited:
Isn't beard compulsory for men?
No it's not compulsory for men . Its just sunnat of prophet (pbuh) . However even Islam does not force you to pray 5 times although it is mandatory . There is no compulsion in Islam . But in order to be Muslim yo have some different requirements, and in order to be a better Muslim you have different types of requirement . But if you will fulfill the requirement or not , it's totally your choice.

Like me? lol are you even
Its islamic culture. Bangladeshi can beg to become dalits for hindus if they want.

One day I told my kid to put on his socks ... He came downstairs with his socks on his head. I was checked him into a mental hospital the next day. All god needs to say is put on your "khimar". All a dad needs to say is put on your "socks"... Neither needs to say where.

An Indian Hindu now is telling us what the Quran says??? A Hindu now knows quranic arabic?
I am not talking about what your Quran says..I am just talking about the practical reason why women in Desert areas cover their head and face...

Last edited:
In most cases (95% +) , people in Bangladesh are muslim because they were born in a muslim family and taught to be muslims. If the choice is given to people with all the available information, than hardly anyone would pick Islam or any religion for that matter.
We are taught not to think, not to question but to submit and follow. Religion is big business.
fact is that whether it is religion or initial nationality or name comes at birth not out of choice. Most of the ppl follow it out of compulsion or it makes no difference to them. If ppl were to be given a choice then I bet most of the things would be different.

The biggest things about humans are great salesmen who sell each other things right from religion , ideology, influence...etc. Some are good at it and some are bad.

South Indian Hindu wears different to Nepali Hindu, still we are both Hindus. Culture is different to religion. Hopefully idiots understand it.
in islam culture is subservient to religion. Any body who interprets it differently is a sinner.

In most cases (95% +) , people in Bangladesh are muslim because they were born in a muslim family and taught to be muslims. If the choice is given to people with all the available information, than hardly anyone would pick Islam or any religion for that matter.
We are taught not to think, not to question but to submit and follow. Religion is big business.
you can become an infidel now, who stops you ?

Hijab Saudi culture, is not the culture of our country: Former minister Menon

bglogo-1-1.png

Published: 7:32 PM, June 16, 019 | Update: 5: 00: PM, June 17, 2019

Saudi culture is not the culture of our country: Menon's controversial comment.

Workers Party President and Former Minister Rashed Khan Menon

Some emissaries of the country said that prayers are not permissible after saris; But our mother-in-law's mother has saved Salat and she has kept her eye salute. Why do you talk all the wrong? Hijab is not the culture of our country. It is Saudi Arabia's culture, then why should we follow it? "Bangladesh Workers Party President Rashed Khan Menon said this on the Hijab.

On Sunday (June 15th) Tafazzal Hossain Manik Mia of the National Press Club, he said this at a discussion meeting organized at the workshop organized by the Women's Woman Union, where lawmakers want the law to ensure the rights and dignity of the domestic workers and the implementation of the ILO Convention to stop violence against women.

Menon said, 'The Prophet (S) said that the child's feet under the feet of the child's heavenly If so, then why would the Hujurah say about these women?

He further said, 'Now it has happened to these Kath Mullahs, which is not to say anything else. Now it is not permissible to wear saris or it is the situation of our country! Our mother's parents have prayed namaz in the sari and have kept the ache. Why do you say its wrong? Hijab is not the culture of our country. It is Saudi Arabia's culture. So why should we follow it? If that happens then our mother, grandmother, will not go to heaven. '

During this time, she called upon the women to come forward with greater emphasis.

Appearing in the meeting, Lutfunnesa Khan Beauty (MP) said, today, 16th International Housework Day. In our society, there is still a situation in the house that even after working all day, a housewife has heard what she has done at home.

He also said to everyone in the meeting, 'Do not touch the working girls. Use them well. "During this time, he urged the workers of the housemates to come together to stop harassment.

হিজাব সৌদির সংস্কৃতি, আমাদের দেশের সংস্কৃতি নয় : মেননের বিতর্কিত মন্তব্য

প্রকাশিত: ৭:৩২ অপরাহ্ণ, জুন ১৬, ২০১৯ | আপডেট: ৫:০০:অপরাহ্ণ, জুন ১৭, ২০১৯

Rashed-Khan-Menon.jpg

ওয়ার্কার্স পার্টির সভাপতি ও সাবেক মন্ত্রী রাশেদ খান মেনন। ফাইল ছবি
‘দেশের কিছু হুজুররা বলেন শাড়ি পড়ে নামাজ জায়েজ না; কিন্তু আমাদের মা জননীরা শাড়ি পড়ে নামাজ পড়েছে আব্রু রক্ষা করেছে। তাহলে আপনারা কেন সব উল্টাপাল্টা কথা বলবেন? হিজাব তো আর আমাদের দেশের সংস্কৃতি না এটা সৌদি আরবের, তাহলে এটা আমরা কেন পড়বো?’ হিজাব নিয়ে এমনই মন্তব্য করেছেন বাংলাদেশ ওয়ার্কার্স পার্টির সভাপতি রাশেদ খান মেনন।

রবিবার (১৫ জুন) জাতীয় প্রেসক্লাবের তফাজ্জল হোসেন মানিক মিয়া হলে গার্হস্থ্য নারী শ্রমিক ইউনিয়ন আয়োজিত কর্মস্থলে নারীর প্রতি সহিংসতা বন্ধে আইএলও কনভেনশন প্রণয়ন ও বাস্তবায়নে গৃহ শ্রমিকের অধিকার ও মর্যাদা ও নিরাপত্তা নিশ্চিতকল্পে আইন চাই শীর্ষক আলোচনা সভায় তিনি একথা বলেন।

neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

মেনন বলেন, ‘রাসূল (স.) বলেছেন, মায়ের পায়ের তলায় সন্তানের বেহেস্ত। তাই যদি হয় তাহলে মেয়েদের সম্পর্কে হুজুররা এসব উল্টোপাল্টা কথা কেন বলবেন।’

তিনি আরও বলেন, ‘এখন এমন অবস্থা হয়েছে এসব কাঠমোল্লাদের ব্যাপারে যা আর বলার না। এখন নাকি শাড়ি পড়ে নামাজ পড়া জায়েজ না এটা হচ্ছে আমাদের দেশের পরিস্থিতি! আমাদের মা জননীরা শাড়ি পড়ে নামাজ পড়েছে আব্রু রক্ষা করেছে। তাহলে আপনারা কেন সব উল্টাপাল্টা কথা বলবেন? হিজব তো আর আমাদের দেশের সংস্কৃতি না এটা সৌদি আরবের তাহলে এটা আমরা কেন পড়বো। এমন হলে তো আমাদের মা, দাদী কেউ বেহেশতে যাবে না।’

neilllllll.jpg

BANGLADESH_-_donne_e_velo-ok.jpg
neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

এসময় তিনি নারীদের আরও বেশি জোর দিয়ে এগিয়ে আসার আহবান জানান।

সভায় উপস্থিত হয়ে লুৎফুন্নেসা খান বিউটি (এমপি) বলেন, আজ ১৬ জুন আন্তর্জাতিক গৃহশ্রমিক দিবস। আমাদের সমাজে ঘরে এখনো এমন অবস্থা রয়েছে যে সারাদিন কাজ করার পরও একজন গৃহিণীকে শুনতে হয় সারাদিন বাড়ি বাড়ি বসে কি করেছো?’

neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

neilllllll.jpg

সভায় সকলের উদ্দেশ্যে তিনি আরও বলেন, ‘কাজের মেয়েদের গায়ে হাত দিবেন না। তাদের সাথে ভাল ব্যবহার করুন।’ এসময় তিনি গৃহশ্রমিকদের যৌণ হয়রানি বন্ধে একাট্টা হওয়ার আহবান জানান।

https://www.bangladeshtoday.net/হিজাব-সৌদির-সংস্কৃতি-আম/
Orders for all Muslims (irrespective of Bangladeshi or Saudi) are very clear

Praise be to Allaah.

Verses that have to do with hijab:

1 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

2 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

O
and you are their pimp?

i im sure you bangbros will go indian path if choice is given to you!! cows to become savred mother in Bangladesh?

Beta calm down. Tone your hype down. Learn to stop generalising whole people because of one persons statements. Then again I don’t expect much from people who low IQ in south Asia.

This guy who made the statement that’s his opinion. In truth, hijab wasn’t part of Bengali culture pre islam of cause but am sure this guy is mentioning the niqab full face cover too here, and not just the head cover with scarfs or how modern hijabis do. Niqab full covering is innovative by people from you region in south asia.
But after Islam, bengalis who accepted islam Hijab is part of like every other muslims. Hijab not NIQAB, that’s what pakistani pathans and afghans force their women to cover in some huge lose garments head to toe!

If you want to take hijab go to Pakistan .
Kaya is liyn bangaldesh banaya tha ke kal. Ko arbi hijab lain aur arbi bolain.?
Only Bengali sari are allowed without any scarf. Only bangla culture can be followed in bangla state .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom