What's new

Help me (SUICIDAL)

From couple of weeks i am having suicidal thoughts. Only thing which is holding me back is my 4 year old son. I don't think it will hold me any longer.

Today it got worst.
I just want my suffering to end.

I don’t know all the pain you have endured already, but I know it has to be insurmountable to have brought you to this point. I know the pain is so heavy on your heart. I am all the way across the country and I can feel it. Your life has meaning and you will find it. Your life may not be what you expected, but does not make you a waste or a failure. please do not give up and remember that you are not alone in battling this. You have us, our PDF family and friends who care about you and are willing to go through this with you together. Your mental well-being matters to us.

I REPEAT AGAIN BUDDY - I know that you’ll have good days and bad days, but I hope that with some help, the good days outnumber the bad days. Know that you aren’t alone in this fight, we’re all here to listen and help you through. And just know, PDF Family got your back.

From couple of weeks i am having suicidal thoughts. Only thing which is holding me back is my 4 year old son. I don't think it will hold me any longer.

Today it got worst.
Just hang in there brother. Think about your son, how would he feel. I also have 4 year old son. He loves me soo much like he can't live without me. Your son would be same i m sure of it. If you take your life think about him, will be killing him too. He will never have a father n no one can fill that gap no one. Live for him.

Today it got worst.

Go out of your house to a park with your kid (and spouse).
Spend as much time out in park as possible.

Stay in the natural light and park for as long as possible. On as many days as possible.

Change your surroundings. Get more natural light.

Lower your expectations towards your job, spouse, relatives, etc.
If relatives/colleagues/neighbours are filling your ears with expectations. Just ignore them and do whatever YOU feel like doing.
Spend your time in activities that YOU enjoy. Think! what are the things/activities that you enjoy.

Bad relationship and then I lost my soul friend in bike accident. He just got engaged.

Lower your expectations towards spouse that you have in back of your head.
Also try to be more flexible towards spouse's behaviour and with time you'll see that your spouse will change gradually as well.

Communicate with spouse frankly on how you feel about things, especially any source of conflict between you and spouse.
Talk, talk, talk to spouse.
You show some flexibility and spouse will gradually come around and change too.

1620427500257.png

1620427772816.png

So find some middle ground between trying to totally change the spouse and not trying to change the spouse at all.
While showing flexibility yourself.
Tactically and gradually communicate with spouse.

Do update us how you are feeling better.

P.S. Some people are suggesting taking medicines/antidepressants.
I would say try to avoid medicines unless you are bipolar, schizophrenic, pathologically delusional, or severely clinically depressed.
These medicines can be VERY addictive and sometimes cause more harm than good.
Use caution with medicines.

Last edited:
Basically antidepressants.

Try out sertaline. First it will mess with your sleep and make you drowsy but it helps. You got nothing to lose, but all to gain.

Mate, lets just keep it practical, why would u trade a few years of torment for eternal torment cause that is what awaits u if u take any extreme step. Whatever problem u are encountering, read the hadith books, u would surely find a solution from the Prophet(PBUH)'s teachings. Trust me things get better, nothing lasts forever. You would look back on this and laugh one day. Dont make ur loved one's go through torment, think about ur son, to the world he would always be the son of a man who took his life.

Today it got worst.

May Allah swt heal your sufferings .
Brother please keep on reciting Surah alnas with ta'avuz and Durood Ibrahimi

Usage of drugs gonna exaggerate anything psychological ------ there's a bastard bugging our friend .

Wife and death of friend and aunt.
Bro,
How I see things going on your side you would have to take the deaths as a bitter pill only time will cure their loss. In Pakistan aunts and uncles are considered family even friends for that matter are also considered as part of the family. Unfortunately in UK only wife and kids are family not even parents are a part of the family.
So while considering you must realize your priority is family rest comes in second.

However the issue with your wife can be solved by both of you sitting together and evaluating the root cause from where the problem started. This would take patience and some one to sit and evaluate and also calm things down between the two of you. All you would need is a new outlook which would give you a fresh start and with time you would find that there was never a problem.

I do not live in Karachi other wise would have helped you resolve this issue. Still if you would like to talk in private do let me know.

Today it got worst.

listen to Ruqya.
if you need to talk to someone let me know. My extended family is in every city of Pakistan.

you might be facing extreme type of anxiety and panic attacks so first of all stop having much tea coffee, colas and sweets because they the substance which increase tendencies beside that you should speak with psychiatric, they will put you on a few medications which you have to take for few months but within few days you will see results your entire thought process will change, once you are fine dont stop taking them uptll the prescribed time by your doctor, because normally as people get better they stop taking medications resulting another episodes of anxiety later so you have to complete the course, our brain behave nuts if it has low serotonin level, just like you many people are facing it but many of them over came through medications and a healthy life style every day walking etc but best person who can rightly help you is a certified doctor of this particular field. treatment is available its easy, painless and not even costly

Last edited:
This too, shall pass. Please hang in there. There are so many that care for you

Try out sertaline. First it will mess with your sleep and make you drowsy but it helps. You got nothing to lose, but all to gain.
my father has ptsd
he takes them
some days are good some days are bad.

Always remain Death is not the end, it is start of another Journey. Remember, Allah will always be with you.

Back
Top Bottom