What's new

Helicopter carrying Kuwait’s Chief of staff Crashes in Bangladesh

Old School

Reaction score
Appearantly , BD media blackouted the passangers’ identity. I picked this up from Bloomberg.
==========================

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
January 3, 2018, 3:16 AM EST
Dhaka, Bangladesh (AP) -- Kuwait's news agency says a helicopter carrying the armed forces chief of staff has crashed in Bangladesh, but only one person on board had minor injuries.

The KUNA news agency says the helicopter came down Wednesday in trees because of thick fog. A photo published on the agency's website shows the helicopter tilted forward on the ground with its tail snapped off.

The accident happened in northeastern Bangladesh.

I got a jolt when I first read the news. i thought the Kuwaiti Chief of Staff is injured. But, the subsequent news release said nothing of that sort. I am relieved now. Accidents involving foreign dignitaries may cause the downgrading of relationship between any two countries.

I got a jolt when I first read the news. i thought the Kuwaiti Chief of Staff is injured. But, the subsequent news release said nothing of that sort. I am relieved now. Accidents involving foreign dignitaries may cause the downgrading of relationship between any two countries.

both pilots did a grt job..

Senior Kuwaiti army officer survives Bangladesh copter crash
News Desk, bdnews24.com

Published: 2018-01-03 17:27:02.0 BdST Updated: 2018-01-03 17:33:09.0 BdST

A helicopter carrying Kuwait's military chief of staff and his delegation crashed in northeastern Bangladesh on Wednesday, but only one person on board suffered minor injuries, Kuwait's news agency has reported.

The helicopter was carrying Lieutenant General Mohammad Khaled Al-Khuder and his accompanying delegation, according to Kuwait News Agency or KUNA.

Heavy fog obscured the pilot's vision, causing the copter to have contact with trees prior to landing on the designated site, official news agency KUNA said citing a statement from the country’s defence ministry.

The news agency's website published a picture showing the helicopter tilted forward on the ground with its tail snapped off.

kuna-copter-crash-screensho.jpg

A screenshot of the KUNA report on Bangladesh chopper crash carrying senior Kuwaiti army officer.

Al-Khuder has contacted First Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Sheikh Nasser Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah as well as Deputy Chief of Staff Gen Abdullah Nawaf Al-Sabah, stressing that “only minimal materialistic damage and moderate injuries” were reported.

Al-Khuder and his entourage left Kuwait on Monday morning.

In another development, Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah made a phone call to Khaled Al-Khuder. During the phone call, the emir inquired about the health of the chief of staff and his delegation following the accident, according to KUNA.

An MI-171 helicopter of the Bangladesh Air Force made an emergency landing with 16 people on board due to technical flaws, 100 feet away from designated BGB helipad in Srimangal, the Bangladesh military's Inter-Services Public Relations said.

The two pilots, Wing Commander Omar and Flight Lieutenant Mehedi, and all passengers emerged safely from the helicopter after the emergency landing.

ISPR did not provide details on the Kuwaiti delegation.

They should not fly in heavy fog. What the hell! he could not see the tree while landing .

P.s. It happened in North-East near Assam. I can understand when Dhaka is clear, north can be foggy.

BD airforce, landing spot selection, landing practice, equipment and training all are in question????
Any chest thumping bunch care to answer????

congrats BAF, Keep destroying your assets..........by this rate we can hope there is no AIR FORCE in Bangladesh.......Force goal 2030 my A$$ . :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:
26114131_1546378368732382_6834370144286320230_n.jpg

Today 3rd Jan,2017 is really Bad day!

MI17 Crashed in Sreemangal, Bangladesh

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/nation/2018/01/03/helicopter-crash-sreemangal-bgb/

Russian military helicopter MI24 crashes in Syria, killing two: agencies

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-in-syria-killing-two-agencies-idUSKBN1ES0LI

MiG-29 aircraft crashes in Goa's Dabolim airport after going off runway; pilot ejects safely

http://www.firstpost.com/india/mig-...g-off-runway-pilot-ejects-safely-4285225.html

বিমান বাহিনীর হেলিকপ্টারের জরুরী অবতরণ

মৌলভীবাজার, ০৩ জানুয়ারিঃ- আজ বেলা আনুমানিক ১০১০ ঘটিকায় বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনীর একটি এমআই-১৭১ হেলিকপ্টার ১৬ জন আরোহীসহ মৌলভীবাজার জেলার শ্রীমঙ্গলে যাওয়ার সময় কারিগরী ত্রুটির কারণে বিজিবি হেলিপ্যাড থেকে ১০০ ফিট দুরত্বে জরুরী অবতরণ করে। হেলিকপ্টারের ২ জন পাইলট উইং কমান্ডার ওমর এবং ফ্লাইট লেফটেন্যান্ট মেহেদী সহ সকল আরোহী জরুরী অবতরণের পর হেলিকপ্টার থেকে বেরিয়ে আসতে সক্ষম হন। বৈমানিকসহ সকল আরোহী সুস্থ আছেন। এখানে উল্লেখ্য যে, হেলিকপ্টারটি ০৯২০ ঘটিকায় তেজগাঁও থেকে উড্ডয়ন করে।

http://www.ispr.gov.bd/বিমান-বাহিনীর-হেলিকপ্টার/

congrats BAF, Keep destroying your assets..........by this rate we can hope there is no AIR FORCE in Bangladesh.......Force goal 2030 my A$$ . :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:
View attachment 446217
The Kuwaity delegation team talked very high about us, specially the very quick response and immediate resque part. They also commented 'Accident is Accident but the pilots efficiency of emergency landing was commendable'. It was revealed that the cause was due to tailed rotor failure which in most of the cases cause fatal crash. Our BGB soldiers rushed to the Helicopter crash site even when the broken roter were not fully stopped. They displayed commitment in professionalism. Almighty Allah saved all of us from a big disaster, said the Kuwaity COAS

so stop vomiting ur garbage here..

The Kuwaity delegation team talked very high about us, specially the very quick response and immediate resque part. They also commented 'Accident is Accident but the pilots efficiency of emergency landing was commendable'. It was revealed that the cause was due to tailed rotor failure which in most of the cases cause fatal crash. Our BGB soldiers rushed to the Helicopter crash site even when the broken roter were not fully stopped. They displayed commitment in professionalism. Almighty Allah saved all of us from a big disaster, said the Kuwaity COAS

so stop vomiting ur garbage here..

no takers for awami cheer leading mubo jumbo. Aircraft crashing left and right - 2 helo in single day, just few days back training aircraft was down. Awami thugs announce new air base but there is no aircraft. Keep these fairy tale for awami idiots.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom