heart attacks killing more BSF men than border ops

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Delhi, Nov 27, 2016, (PTI)
583382_thump.jpg

More BSF personnel have died of heart attack and other illnesses than in action on the borders and anti-Naxal operations in the past two years, according to official data.

While men and women of the country's largest border guarding force BSF face enemy bullets and mortars amid recent hostilities with Pakistan, data reveals that only 25 of total 774 deaths in the period between January 2015 and September 2016 were battle casualties.

Data showed that while a total of 25 personnel were killed in action, 316 died due to a variety of diseases and illnesses and 117 suffered fatal cardiac arrest.

While the cases of deaths due to HIV/AIDS and malaria have gone down in the paramilitary force during the period, fatal casualties of personnel in rail, road and bike accidents continue. Officials said these remained a "cause of worry".

Amongst the other causes of death in the force during the period are: 192 deaths took place due to road or Railway accidents, 18 lost their lives due to HIV/AIDS, 38 due to cancer and five owing to malaria.

"The force lost 774 personnel during the period, out of which only 25 were battle casualties. This is a cause of worry and these numbers need to be brought down. A number of initiatives are being taken to ensure a healthy lifestyle and safe driving habits amongst the personnel," a senior official said.

Last year, former BSF Director General D K Pathak had told PTI that the about 2.5-lakh personnel strong force was witnessing a worrying trend in its ranks, as it was losing four times more troops in off-duty bike accidents, than at the borders or other conflict theatres in the hinterland in the recent past.

The Border Security Force (BSF) is tasked to secure the two most important borders of India with Pakistan and Bangladesh, besides being deployed for a variety of internal security duties including anti-Maoist operations.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/583382/illness-heart-attacks-killing-more.html

New Delhi, Nov 27, 2016, (PTI)
583382_thump.jpg

More BSF personnel have died of heart attack and other illnesses than in action on the borders and anti-Naxal operations in the past two years, according to official data.

While men and women of the country's largest border guarding force BSF face enemy bullets and mortars amid recent hostilities with Pakistan, data reveals that only 25 of total 774 deaths in the period between January 2015 and September 2016 were battle casualties.

Data showed that while a total of 25 personnel were killed in action, 316 died due to a variety of diseases and illnesses and 117 suffered fatal cardiac arrest.

While the cases of deaths due to HIV/AIDS and malaria have gone down in the paramilitary force during the period, fatal casualties of personnel in rail, road and bike accidents continue. Officials said these remained a "cause of worry".

Amongst the other causes of death in the force during the period are: 192 deaths took place due to road or Railway accidents, 18 lost their lives due to HIV/AIDS, 38 due to cancer and five owing to malaria.

"The force lost 774 personnel during the period, out of which only 25 were battle casualties. This is a cause of worry and these numbers need to be brought down. A number of initiatives are being taken to ensure a healthy lifestyle and safe driving habits amongst the personnel," a senior official said.

Last year, former BSF Director General D K Pathak had told PTI that the about 2.5-lakh personnel strong force was witnessing a worrying trend in its ranks, as it was losing four times more troops in off-duty bike accidents, than at the borders or other conflict theatres in the hinterland in the recent past.

The Border Security Force (BSF) is tasked to secure the two most important borders of India with Pakistan and Bangladesh, besides being deployed for a variety of internal security duties including anti-Maoist operations.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/583382/illness-heart-attacks-killing-more.html
why do i think that this is to hide the current casualities after so called surgical strikes??
and name them disease deaths rather than battle deaths

nevertheless there ought to be a reason for it
i mean it stands true in siachin sector but it is too hard to believe in other sectors given that across the border
Pakistan rangers live in same climate and conditions

That's just an excuse to take credits away from PA for doing the honours..That's really sad :(
Who is giving them heart attacks one must ask?
the answer is Pakistan Army.
And if they forgot the history...they should remember Lal Bahadur Shastri (chhoti chirya)

Yeah... bullet and mortar wounds would be soooo easy to hide by naming them heart attacks..!!! --- Pakistani logic :D
Yea last time the relatives of an Indian soldier weren't even allowed to see his body.....and once the body arrives, you don't exactly unwrap it to look for the reason.

Yea last time the relatives of an Indian soldier weren't even allowed to see his body.....and once the body arrives, you don't exactly unwrap it to look for the reason.

Maybe you don't know, but in most of India, bodies are cremated, not buried. Now, before cremation, its customary in many Indian cultures to strip clothes off the body (except the private regions), apply ghee or other substances on whole body, then wrap the body in a fine orange fabric. Then the body is cremated.

So, I ask you again my friend -- Do you think no one will notice a bullet wound or a mortar wound? o.0

Maybe you don't know, but in most of India, bodies are cremated, not buried. Now, before cremation, its customary in many Indian cultures to strip clothes off the body (except the private regions), apply ghee or other substances on whole body, then wrap the body in a fine orange fabric. Then the body is cremated.

So, I ask you again my friend -- Do you think no one will notice a bullet wound or a mortar wound? o.0
If that is always the practice then why the relatives of one particular soldier complained that the IA didn't allow them to see the body .

If that is always the practice then why the relatives of one particular soldier complained that the IA didn't allow them to see the body .

They can stop the family members from seeing the dead body only if the body (particularly the face) is deemed too mangled or disfigured to look upon. This happens in cases where the soldier has been beheaded, or mutilated or burnt alive or if the face has been badly distorted by a headshot.

Now, if the reason given for the death is a heart attack, then none of these criteria apply. You cant stop the family members from seeing the body in such a case. Am I clear enough to you?

They can stop the family members from seeing the dead body only if the body (particularly the face) is deemed too mangled or disfigured to look upon. This happens in cases where the soldier has been beheaded, or mutilated or burnt alive or if the face has been badly distorted by a headshot.

Now, if the reason given for the death is a heart attack, then none of these criteria apply. You cant stop the family members from seeing the body in such a case. Am I clear enough to you?

What a troll thread.
Indian army is big , they are 1.3 million army, also 3 million paramilitary forces.
It's natural few of them getting heart Attack or other disease. I pray for everyone, hope they get well soon, they have family and children too. We should not make mockery .

why do i think that this is to hide the current casualities after so called surgical strikes??
and name them disease deaths rather than battle deaths

nevertheless there ought to be a reason for it
i mean it stands true in siachin sector but it is too hard to believe in other sectors given that across the border
Pakistan rangers live in same climate and conditions

I dont know it this will be a sigh of relief or cause for concern, with this rate half of their battalion will die of heart attack if war breaks out, I dont know if you will call them unfit for war or cowards.

What a troll thread.
Indian army is big , they are 1.3 million army, also 3 million paramilitary forces.
It's natural few of them getting heart Attack or other disease. I pray for everyone, hope they get well soon, they have family and children too. We should not make mockery .

Its okay my friend. if scrounging the net to find anything anti Indian or negative about India or Indians makes them feel immensely happy and on top of the word ... so be it :-)

The same goes for some of my fellow countryman too ...

Last edited:
Read the article bro.. Its not “everyone falling Ill at the same time". This is a report that talks about the causes of fatalities of BSF personnel over a period of time (past two years). And yes, this number of heart attacks is surprising and disproportionately high. That's the whole reason this is making news..!! duh!!

But your compatriots are gloating here that these are actually combat fatalities disguised as heart attacks.. So I'm asking --- How would you possibly pass off a visible bullet or mortar wound as a heart attack? Answer me that. Go on. Educate me..!
this made the news or news made this?
the fact is that this news comes at a time when Pakistan is claiming they have killed a lot of indian Soldiers

but then again fit for military folks dying with illness in an environment they have spent a half a century
i mean they are not on an expedition in Vietnam but in their home
and the fact about changing mortar wounds thing will come when the bodies will be arriving
unless you are telling me all of the dead soldiers have been cremated?

this made the news or news made this?
the fact is that this news comes at a time when Pakistan is claiming they have killed a lot of indian Soldiers

but then again fit for military folks dying with illness in an environment they have spent a half a century
i mean they are not on an expedition in Vietnam but in their home
and the fact about changing mortar wounds thing will come when the bodies will be arriving
unless you are telling me all of the dead soldiers have been cremated?

Yes..!! All of those who die of heart attacks must be sent back to their families and 95% of them (except Muslim and Christian soldiers) would obviously be cremated).

Imagine someone calling a trooper's wife and telling her -- “ Mrs Tiwari, We are so sorry to tell you that your husband is no more. He died of a heart attack yesterday. But we won't send you back his body because ummmm...... we lost it..!! "

How stupid can your logic get? Why don't you stop dodging the question and simply tell me how to disguise a bullet wound as a heart attack? o.0

What a troll thread.

Going through the thread I cannot help but notice the sadistic pleasure displayed over the death of people- I remember certain Lt Col of Pakistan died after falling from road, one Lt Col died due to heart attack and many other fresh threads running quiet fresh and recent- not a single Indian was seen claiming It as kills or making fun of It- I hope these people learn some civility-

Why don't you stop dodging the question and simply tell me how to disguise a bullet wound as a heart attack?
with all due respect
i m not dodging the question
i m just question the fact that how they died
all i m asking is at the time when Pakistan has claimed to kill many Indian soldiers
suddenly a news pops up saying Indian soldiers are dying of Illness
if that is not irony i dont know what is
nevertheless if the data is from two years then why the corpses have not reached home yet
perhaps all we can do is wait and watch

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom