What's new

Heads of Pakistani soldiers are being cut off on LoC, but not displayed: Indian Defence Minister

Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Boasts of 'Cutting Off' Heads of Pak Soldiers

The Wire Staff
September 19, 9:14 am

New Delhi: On September 15, India TV channel broadcast the latest edition of its long-running show Aap ki Adalat, in conversation with the defence minister.

Twenty minutes into the show, the anchor and India TV head Rajat Sharma wondered if the government was taking steps to “straighten out Pakistan”.

Lekin sawal hai Pakistan ko theek karne ka. Chunav ke dauran kehte hain ki woh do sir katenge to hum dus sir kat ke layenge. Lekin ab to dus to nahin kat rahein (During election campaign, you people had said that if they cut two heads, we will cut ten heads. But, ten heads are not really being cut now),” said Sharma. The studio audience clapped.

After the ovation subsided, Sitharaman replied, “Nahin. Main yeh bol sakti hoon…kaat to rahen hain hum, display nahin kar rahen (No. I can only say this…we are also cutting heads, but are not displaying them).”

As the audience erupts in applause, the anchor said, “Okay. I respect your limits.”

It is clear from the context of her answer that Sitharaman was referring to the cutting of heads of Pakistani soldiers.

India TV also made the same inference in its own account of the September 15 TV programme, highlighting Sitharaman’s announcement about the beheading of Pakistani soldiers:

Replying to a question on what happened to assertions by BJP leaders that if it came to power, it “will get 10 heads in reply to two beheadings”, Sitharaman said. “kaat to rahe hain, display nahin kar rahen” (heads are being cut off, but are not being displayed).

This is the first time ever that an Indian government official has publicly said that Indian army has “cut off” the heads of Pakistani soldiers during operations at the Line of Control.

The public declaration is unusual, as such action is a direct violation of principles of international law on armed conflict.

There has, of course, been a reason for the official silence over these operations – these actions would be in violation of international treaties.

A major aspect of Indian foreign policy is a strong backing for “rules-based international order”, which means a strict adherence to obligations undertaken voluntarily by signing onto multilateral treaties.

India is a party to the First Geneva Convention of 1949 for the “amelioration on the condition of the wounded and sick in armed forces in the field”. It was only the fifth country in the world to deposit the instrument of ratification with Switzerland.

Article 15 of the convention states:

“At all times, and particularly after an engagement, Parties to the conflict shall, without delay, take all possible measures to search for and collect the wounded and sick, to protect them against pillage and ill-treatment, to ensure their adequate care, and to search for the dead and prevent their being despoiled.”

A media report from January 2013 states that India raised strong objections to the “mutilation” of the bodies of Indian soldiers as it “was against the Geneva Convention” at a flag meeting between Indian and Pakistani army officers.

The flag meeting took place after India went public to say that two Indian army soldiers had been killed and beheaded by Pakistani troops after crossing the Line of Control.

The Ministry of External Affairs had declared that the bodies were subjected to “barbaric and inhuman mutilation”. Pakistan’s actions, the MEA said on January 9, 2013, was “in contravention of all norms of international conduct”.

After visiting the wife of one of the soldiers, then leader of opposition Sushma Swaraj told reporters, “If his (Hemraj’s) head could not be brought back (from Pakistan), we should get at least ten headsfrom their side.”

Despite repeated allegations, Pakistan has never publicly admitted to the beheading of Indian soldiers.

In 2016, The Hindu published a report on ‘Operation Ginger’, which was apparently a retaliatory cross-border strike by the Indian army in revenge for the beheading of Indian soldiers in 2011. The article claimed that Indian soldiers ambushed a patrol team and “finally chopped the heads off” of three dead Pakistani soldiers.

There had been no public response from the Indian government confirming that the Indian army also conducts cross-border raids which include the dismemberment of bodies – till now.

Sitharaman’s statement to India TV is the first time that any government functionary – from either India or Pakistan – has acknowledged that their forces conduct cross-border operations where “heads are being cut off”.

https://thewire.in/government/defen...f-pak-soldiers/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The Indian minister preparing to make the losing the heads statement:-
upload_2018-9-18_21-46-3.jpeg

i know how shias are treated in pakistan,
lynching takes place regularly in pakistan against minorities on false charges , why can't hindu sikh or qadiani be part of govt , or PM, PRESIDENT ? this is religious fanaticism .
ok before answering your stupid question would you like to shed some light on that how many Muslims became general in Indian Army????

There are countries like say Israel, Russia and even Pakistan who quietly go about doing their business of eliminating the enemy just like Tigers and Leopards who go into a stealthy mood to hunt the prey but then there are off course the Indians who love to make a racket like Baboons do.
The Indians often claim of their soldiers heads missing or bodies mutilated but does the Pakistani defence minister ever makes such claims as the attention seeking Basanti.....well then again.....Baboons....Basanti....

i know how shias are treated in pakistan,
lynching takes place regularly in pakistan against minorities on false charges , why can't hindu sikh or qadiani be part of govt , or PM, PRESIDENT ? this is religious fanaticism .
lol Hindu sikhs and Christian are part of parliament as well as hold few ministries too .
dont dont compare your self with us in religious intolerance .
we dont lynch people on eating some thing .
we dont beat them until they say chay mata de .
we dont beat them until they say L sri ram we dont kill thousands in riots and then elect the main culprit as our pm .
we dont spray holy urine on others to make them pious .

you should compare your tawaif bharat mata with congo etc .

There are countries like say Israel, Russia and even Pakistan who quietly go about doing their business of eliminating the enemy just like Tigers and Leopards who go into a stealthy mood to hunt the prey but then there are off course the Indians who love to make a racket like Baboons do.
The Indians often claim of their soldiers heads missing or bodies mutilated but does the Pakistani defence minister ever makes such claims as the attention seeking Basanti.....well then again.....Baboons....Basanti....
soo . what are you expecting from bharat mata ?
Paisey or attention na miley to har tawaif shor machati ha bhai .

Talking about the Indian Army, the Defence Minister said, "I can't talk about our successes publicly. But, I can assure this much that our Army is retaliating. I am not saying this with pride but with a responsibility that our Army is capable."

I can't see where she said that? :sarcastic:
Aap ki adalat, 15 September 18

The blood thirsty fantasies of Bharti public. There can be no peace with Bharat especially with the current fanatical phase that the Hindu society in Bharat is going through.

I know she has anger, I mean I would too If I looked like her but still pretty third grade comments from a minister.

and then people ask me why do you want a nuclear Mahabhrata

The blood thirsty fantasies of Bharti public. There can be no peace with Bharat especially with the current fanatical phase that the Hindu society in Bharat is going through.

I know she has anger, I mean I would too If I looked like her but still pretty third grade comments from a minister.

That's why I oppose all peace initiatives with this country. India wants to be a bully. And you can't handle a bully by bowing down to it. The best way to handle a bully is to standing up to it.

And the best and the only way to treat India is this:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-army-sniper-scores-another-kill.577863/#post-10795580

what do you mean by practicing muslim ? mamnun hussain or arif alvi ?

we have thousands of such muslims at the posts of national importance .

Show me one posted by the BJP to a post of prominence

Back
Top Bottom