What's new

'Headley says Ishrat was Lashkar suicide bomber'

The intelligence input convinced them of the threat posed. I'm sure they would have reacted differently if the intelligence input was lighter. Your interrogation means nothing in a court of law. Police confessions are inadmissible & there are plenty of lawyers who work with "NGO's" who will take care of that.

Your are now arguing for the sake of it. People are always someone's friends, sons, daughters etc. The Boston bombers didn't lack for either friends or family. If the evidence suggested a definite risk & the top intelligence agency was offering a definite assessment, if you capture & get further information confirming your suspicions, what do you want them to do? Let them walk away? Your argument that threat is contained won't do. You would have to release them & another lot will be emboldened by such soft glove treatment & try again. After all, risk is low since all the police will do is stop you & release you, right? No one argues that this is ideal but do you seriously believe that next time on the loc, the army must not shoot to kill but offer just some rest in an Indian prison? You can well open the floodgates then. If you are convinced that you are dealing with terrorists, you have to make an example of them. You & I do not have the evidence in our hands, I believe we must not necessarily belittle(Disagree if you want but not belittle) the actions of men who stand between us & the terrorists and in whose hands evidence exists.
if IB has given a input and police nabbed them then police should investigate further and find enough evidence which will stand in the court.there is no need to release them. it's true that confession under custody is not a evidence but confession can lead to many other evidences, culprits, which can be the evidence besides all the material and gadget based evidence as well as lead to evidence.

agree every body is somebodys friend or family..since you didn't answer my question lets detach the emotional part and assume that they are just four or five young men who got killed this way while being innocent, they were not on international border or sea line but no normal territory. should we allow that to happen in the name of practicality ?? I think it's unnecessary, at least until and unless there is a huge terrorist activity inside the country like Pakistan is experiencing..even then I am not sure if it's justifiable.

I am talking About a police action inside normal areas where people live in, not about border which is a different territory and there should be different rules of engagement. I am not sure about it may be @Indian Army can explain the rules of engagement.. and what army or bsf do, but I guess even they don't shoot to kill when it's not necessary.by doing so police is going against the fundamental principle of our justice system..even if thousand criminals escape not even a single innocent should be punished.what is the role of court if police kill every suspect against whom they have no evidence and bring every suspect in front of the court against whom solid evidence is there..courts will have 100% record in punished cases, police will have 100% success record in call cases, either by killing or by conviction in court.

I don't agree with you that custodial killings or extra judicial are a necessity in India.there is a risk of innocents getting trapped and killed.

Last edited by a moderator:
By situation on the ground I meant place and overall law and order situation in there..not availability or non availability of prosecutable evidence, time, men or material.even in Kashmir I don't advocate custodial killing or extra judicial killing but lawful extra privilege, protection and power to the armed forces, AFSPA is not a license for extra judicial killings.I think you will also agree that Kashmir is far more violent and prone to terror attack than gujarath is.

I talked about this case today because I was present and it came up as a topic, I would take same position on custodial or extra judicial killings done in any other state.I am not talking about it because of any political. reasons.
if one has taken a position that in some some cases extra judicial killings has to be done how do you discriminate that what qualifies for that. if there is no real evidence how can the police be so sure about he being guilty ? if there is enough evidence to be sure about it then what's the difficulty in further developing it and presenting it in the court ? Forget selective allowance of encounter killings how can we even allow a AFSPA on case by case on same area, either these AFSPA act on every case handled by particular agency or there is not.

I think it's correct to say You can't take a case by case case approach in same place or state but on different place to place according to other factors and situation on hand to decide whether or not any special privileges should be given to law enforcement agencies in that area or state.

Mate - here is the fundamental difference between you and me. You see that extra-judicial killings should not happen - even with AFSPA covered areas. I do see it as a necessary evil. Indian government sees it. US government sees it. Most other countries sees it. While you may stick your opinion which I respect but not necessarily agree as in my opinion is not just practical and not even a luxury considering the problems India has at hand. We can agree to disagree.

But beyond that what I am pointing to is the hypocrisy of the central government along with its poodles the NGOs who try to hound the Gujarat government for some personal or political vendetta even at the expense of derailing the morale of Gujarati police force or the IB. That in my books in a big no no.

Beyond that lets agree to disagree.

I don't agree with you that custodial killings or extra judicial are a necessity in India.there is a risk of innocents getting trapped and killed.

Our positions are not as different as they appear to be. I'm not a supporter of extra judicial killing. However since I tend to take a grey approach as opposed to a black & white one(nothing wrong with that), I don't share the manufactured outrage about this incident which is purely driven by politics. It is not as if this is a lone, completely isolated event & atleast in this, I can understand what might have been the rationale.

Im still betting there is more Indians involved in 26/11 that we do not know about and if we got our hands on headley more would come out im sure

Indians Should STOP showing HYPOCRISY when it comes to security of our nation or security of our leaders, etc.

When 26/11 happens or Bodyguards of Indira kill her or RG got bombed...........etc. we say that where is INTEL, where is SECURITY, where is blah blah & blah......

& when our Intel do take Pro Active/Preventive measures to avoid a terrorist attack, than we suddenly start investigate our very own intel/police/security set-ups ????

You may Like or HATE Modi, BUT, If she was really a suicide bomber, than you can hardly argue what would have been the IMPACT of her being successful in her assigned "MISSION".

Believe Me, it would not have been any less than what happened Post Indira Gandhi's Death (atleast in Gujarat for sure).

Indians Should STOP showing HYPOCRISY when it comes to security of our nation or security of our leaders, etc.

When 26/11 happens or Bodyguards of Indira kill her or RG got bombed...........etc. we say that where is INTEL, where is SECURITY, where is blah blah & blah......

& when our Intel do take Pro Active/Preventive measures to avoid a terrorist attack, than we suddenly start investigate our very own intel/police/security set-ups ????

You may Like or HATE Modi, BUT, If she was really a suicide bomber, than you can hardly argue what would have been the IMPACT of her being successful in her assigned "MISSION".

Believe Me, it would not have been any less than what happened Post Indira Gandhi's Death (atleast in Gujarat for sure).

I agree with you, as we have seen 100 times more terrorist attacks against our civilians.

However in this partcular case, the HC judge disagrees with your stance. here is the clipping from TOI

Based on SIT's report, HC ordered registration of an FIR against officers involved and transferred the case to CBI. In an interesting development, the court told the CBI that it could engage the services of Satish Verma if it so wanted. Since then, Satish Verma has been assisting CBI in its probe in the alleged fake encounter. Agency officials have claimed earlier that they have enough evidence against Rajinder Singh, summoned as accused in the case.

CBI removes IPS officer from Ishrat Jahan probe - Times Of India

I believe there was some some intel on 26/11 before the event but like 9/11 it got lost in the bureaucratic setup we have and nothing was ever done about the reports.

I agree with you, as we have seen 100 times more terrorist attacks against our civilians.

However in this partcular case, the HC judge disagrees with your stance. here is the clipping from TOI

Based on SIT's report, HC ordered registration of an FIR against officers involved and transferred the case to CBI. In an interesting development, the court told the CBI that it could engage the services of Satish Verma if it so wanted. Since then, Satish Verma has been assisting CBI in its probe in the alleged fake encounter. Agency officials have claimed earlier that they have enough evidence against Rajinder Singh, summoned as accused in the case.

CBI removes IPS officer from Ishrat Jahan probe - Times Of India

Sir, I was addressing to my Indian brethren.

By your Permission, Please let them reply to my post, i m ready to discuss the matter with them.

Thank You.

PEACE!

I don't know about the particular case in UP, but in general that's a wrong move but the method to prevent such move is not giving the judges role also to the police but strong opposition and agitation.
Its not about UP only. If you remember Madhni of Kerala is responsible for Koyambtoor bomb blast. and Kerala assembly pass an resolution to take back all terror charge form him. So appeasement is going everywhere and terrorist are saint for our politician.

I dont know whats cooking in UP seems like our politicians have mastered the art of divide and rule. We seriously need to invest in our judicial system to fast track judgements and make our politicians accountable!
Here you go. this is only reason these congress and sp are secular and BJP is communal

Samajwadi Party defends withdrawing case against terror accused - Times Of India

Akhilesh Yadav Government wants to withdraw charges against 15 terror accused - Economic Times

Allahabad High Court questions Akhilesh Yadav''s poll promise to withdraw terror cases | Siasat

Its not about UP only. If you remember Madhni of Kerala is responsible for Koyambtoor bomb blast. and Kerala assembly pass an resolution to take back all terror charge form him. So appeasement is going everywhere and terrorist are saint for our politician.

madani is responsible for koyambatoor blast ?? Get your facts right, he was acquitted after 9 years imprisonment and trail.

Coimbatore blasts: Madani acquitted - Economic Times

www.gulail.com/the-conspiracy-after-the-terror/

I dont know whats cooking in UP seems like our politicians have mastered the art of divide and rule. We seriously need to invest in our judicial system to fast track judgements and make our politicians accountable!
Here you go. this is only reason these congress and sp are secular and BJP is communal

Samajwadi Party defends withdrawing case against terror accused - Times Of India

Akhilesh Yadav Government wants to withdraw charges against 15 terror accused - Economic Times

Allahabad High Court questions Akhilesh Yadav''s poll promise to withdraw terror cases | Siasat

madani is responsible for koyambatoor blast ?? Get your facts right, he was acquitted after 9 years imprisonment and trail.

Coimbatore blasts: Madani acquitted - Economic Times

The conspiracy after the terror | Gulail.com
Mahdani is at present lodged in Karnataka jail and is in judicial custody for his alleged involvement in the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts and similar incidents in Ahmedabad, Surat and Jaipur. Two persons were killed and 20 injured when the blasts rocked the cyber city at nine locations in 2008.[18] As per Karnataka state Home Minister V S Acharya, Mahdani also allegedly admitted role in the 2010 Bangalore stadium bombing on April 17, 2010,[19] which he had denied earlier.[20][21] After a court issued a fresh non-bailable warrant,[22] he proffered to surrender so as to avoid 'unpleasant situations' when he was to be arrested.[23] On February 11, 2011, the Karnataka High Court had rejected Mahdani's plea. The High Court had said, "There is seldom ever that direct evidence is there in such cases. Conspiracy by very nature is hatched in complete secrecy otherwise the whole purpose will be frustrated.[24] The testimonies of witnesses, G Prabhakar, KB Rafeeq and KK Yoganand were quoted in the judgement dismissing the bail plea. At the final hearing Justice Markandey Katju uttered that he was wondering as to how a person on a wheel chair could pose a threat if released on bail.?[25] Finally the Supreme court bench was divided on granting bail to Mahdani and posted the matter to chief justice of India to form a new bench to decide on the plea.[26]In march 2013 madani was granted a 5-day interim bail to attend his daughter's wedding and to vsist his ailing father.[27]

Abdul Nazer Mahdani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FBI saying this just closes the door on all Congress Nautanki,

never seen a bunch of despo monkeys like these.

Back
Top Bottom