What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

This proves..... War is not a solution to the problems.... but a problem in itself....

What needs to be done..... is to built a Mechanism..... to stop any such mishaps..... And if happens what mode of tackling it should be perused by both the countries.... This would require an agreement.... and for agreement..... you got to come to the dialogue table.... and discuss and reach solutions to all the disputed issues..... only then a long lasting peace can prevail in South Asia!

Yes and aren't we once again trying to do that? I'm not sure whether the problem would ever be solved for I'm not a soothsayer but all I can say that hatred can lead to insanity and insanity to war. I'm not a preacher of peace but I don't want to see the people of my country suffer.

Ya sure... the article is funny enough..... But less then the idea of attacking(cold start) a nuclear armed nation... did the military strategist ever realized the fact... that such a misadventure... could turn into a full scale nuclear war... and the limited advantage that your country believes to enjoy... might not be actually there...

So stop this nonsense right now... wake up...smell some coffee...... you guys are grossly mistaken.... attacking Pakistan... and expecting it to play by your rules.....purely a sign of delusion......

And as far the dis-proportionate use of nuclear arsenal.... time will tell ... who holds the horses....and for how long..... My take... dust to dust...ashes to ashes.

You guys playing with far and expecting not get burnt....

Moral of the story..... gone are the days ..... when India thought it can attack Pakistan.... at its will...... in fact there wasn't any such times in our brief history..... we never provided you this luxury.... specially post 1998.... it has been proved several times.... and i need not to re-open this debate.... You guys are well aware of it...... So stop justifying your dreams to attack and paralyze us...... without getting a noticeable response..... we are very clear about over sovereignty visa-vis India...... You need to get clear as well.

Adios!

Suffice to say, no Army (including Pakistan) will press the red button until and unless its very survival (read disintegration), the very base is threatened and the Cold Start for all the hype it receives is designed to do neither of that and the Pak Army knows that.

If the nukes are the ultimate deterrent and will be dropped at the drop of a hat as some people claim why does the Pak Army even care for artillery, tanks,Fighters etc ? Will they not invest the entire money in nukes. ?. The idea is that conventional weapons are still not out of vogue.

And my post was specifically aimed at the article which claims that Nasr is a Battlefield Nuke and even after firing some how Pak will get away with it. While in reality any nuke attack - even sub-kiloton battle field nukes - will ultimately be treated ONLY as nukes and the response will be as per our stated NFU Doctrine - Massive and Disproportionate.

So actually it is not me who needs to wake up and smell coffee, but its the other way around where people who think that nukes will be used immediately at the drop of a bomb.

And how you managed to insert Cold Start into what I have written is still beyond me, :rolleyes:

Thats the imbalance in your mind which is giving India a "kick to do something". Until there is a feeling on Indian side that India would come out victorious out of a Nuclear War.. the wishes like "Surgical Strike" and "Cold Start" will keep appearing and this is where such tactile armaments come handy.

I am happy that after the development of Nasr, war with India is less of a possibility than it was the day before it got tested. So I would congratulate Pakistanis as well as Indians that they are at more distance from a Nuclear War than you were before.

If Pakistan decides to use the nukes I suggest better use Shaheens and their big payloads rather than using a sub-kiloton Nasr as the response will be the same.

There is nothing called a Tactical nuke. Nuke is a Nuke, Or atleast the official Indian NFU Doctrine says so.

p.s.: What is the fixation with Cold Start for you people. There is NO such thing like that. :hitwall:

I hope now both the Military establishment of Pakistan and India can work on a new doctrine.

The doctrine of friendship...

I hope now both the Military establishment of Pakistan and India can work on a new doctrine.

The doctrine of friendship...

That will be pretty much difficult at least in the foreseeable future. We tried being friends for quite a number of times, didn't we? There are some people both in India and Pakistan and as well as outside who would never want to see an alliance between the two countries, no matter how hard the political leadership tries to do that. It's all part of politics. What we need are brave leaders- who would have nerves and balls of steel, who will be a rational and a logical thinker, who wouldn't tremble when extremists scream and finally one who would be ready to give peace a chance.

P.S: On a lighter note: May be I should aim to become the next Prime Minister! :lol:

BAs bhai AB jab Missile ki TAFSILAAT mukamal ho gayin TO

PAK-Bharat Ki

kabhi na khtam ho ney wali JANG-E-AZEEM shuru ho gayi :triniti:

It's very much a last ditch weapon. Conventional forces will be countered by conventional forces. To play a low yield weapon game with India is very dangerous and fool hardy and the military know that.

There is a reason why we have one of the largest armies on this planet.

Congratulations & Congratulations...i don't know if I be a fortune teller but day before this thread I wrote:
^^...& we should get ourselves something like S-300 or perhaps Tochka, Tender systems to atleast have some land superiority!!
...& perhaps my wishes come true :)
Taimikhan thnx for giving technical info..however I have some reserves regrading Iskander which isn't like a common Quasi-ballistic as it can intercept the aerial threats as well..& not like typical ATACMs wich are destined for what I say land superiority!!
Our system is a mirror image of Russian Tochka system & not Smerch as was written by an Indian in above posts:
SS-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For precision puposes this system will surely come in handy/ Armed not with nuclear [I am against it] but fragmentation warheads it deliver serious damage to the advancing army especially tanks regiments...
Our MRLS systems which are mature enough must be used at the frontlines & then for reload scoot way in the meanwhile these systems can precisely attach the enemies counter-measuring regiments.
One must be careful that such systems ( ATACMs) really are prone to be attacked because within battlefield their smoke alone will produce enough visible signature...even more than an MLRS

@Everybody,

Back to Topic.. There has been enough derailing already!

So the Bottom line is ,that Pakistan has taken another step to bring the unbalance of power in the region to normal.....which is good for both countries....
Honestly,I don't think there will be another direct IndoPak war....

These things happen all the time and as quoted in BBC (which is the only credible one listed) this was inadvertant and nowhere it says it was carrying warheads.

BTW how is this still relevant to the mythical Cold Start ?

Hey guys,got an amazing idea.....

What if the same miniaturized nuclear warhead is mounted on a TORPEDO and sent off for VIRAAT or ARIHANT during a war???

I don't this will be that noticeable and cause massive retaliation....:victory:

So the Bottom line is ,that Pakistan has taken another step to bring the unbalance of power in the region to normal.....which is good for both countries....
Honestly,I don't think there will be another direct IndoPak war....

In reply to this i just want to say one thing. The moment you closed your eyes, will be the moment you are at your most vulnerable.

In reply to this i just want to say one thing. The moment you closed your eyes, will be the moment you are at your most vulnerable.

Of course....but considering ALL factors?...anyway,its my personal opinion...
I didn't say we should stop making nukes...:cheers:

Before we tested our miniature nuke..............indians were boasting of a cold war and now...........suddenly there is no cold war....LOL

Back
Top Bottom