What's new

Hashemi Rafsanjani Dies Aged 82

RIP .... it calls upon all of us .....
What should I say? I am in shock ... still trying to digest it. For sure he was a key player in Iran political realm and decision-maker centers for decades before and after revolution ... undoubtedly his absent would cause vacuum of power and troubles for some groups at least for a while and is gonna have an impact on incoming presidential election .... but still it is too soon to say anything.

Leader expresses condolences over Rafsanjani’s death

c3fac6ac-0644-4a5a-a201-5d0db808a717.jpg

Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has offered his condolences over the demise of Chairman of the Expediency Council Ayatollah Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.

In his message on Sunday, Ayatollah Khamenei expressed grief over the sudden demise of an old friend, fellow and ally during the struggles for the 1979 Islamic Revolution and close colleague during the post-Islamic Revolution period.

The Leader said Ayatollah Rafsanjani’s loss is overwhelming and very hard to bear.

Ayatollah Khamenei said Rafsanjani's ample wit and rare intimacy in their early years of friendship had been a reliable support for all of those working with him.

Ayatollah Rafsanjani passed away in a hospital in northern Tehran on Sunday at the age of 82 due to heart condition.

He was among the main aides to the late founder of the Islamic Republic, Imam Khomeini.

He played an influential role both during the anti-Shah struggles before the victory of the Islamic Revolution and afterwards through various stages of the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Rafsanjani was also a key figure during the eight years of Iraq’s imposed war on Iran (1980-88), serving as substitute to commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/0...cy-Council-Ayatollah-Akbar-Hashemi-Rafsanjani
Iran's Supreme leader refered to Rfasanjani as HojatulIslam not Ayatullah!

Certainly.

How do you think this will affect wider Iranian politics? The presidential elections? The next rahbar?

The first thing that comes to mind is how massive this impact is. But on further thought, its not as big as we may think. Revolutionary figures from that generation are only relevant psychologically, in the sense a lot of Iranians living today have been exposed to these figures for most of our lives. But Rafsanjani was 82. His impact on politics in the 80s and 90s might have been massive, but in 2016, not much more.

It would be politics in their 60s that would be more and more relevant. Rouhani is 68, Ahmadinejad is 60, Ali Larijani is 58, Sadegh Larijani is 55, Aref is 65, Zarif is 65, Ali Shamkhani is 61, and Mohammad Ali Jafari is 59.

These are the second generation of politicians. The first generation might be on our minds, but they are not as relevant anymore as we might think. The oldest in that group is 68, and the youngest is 55. If you compare it to revolution in 79, that means that the oldest (Rouhani) was 31 in 79, and the youngest was just 18.

So, I don't think there will be much impact on the political arena, but it is going to have a psychological effect on us. The Iranian people will soon get used to the idea that we have officially entered the second phase of post-revolution Iran.

RIP.
At least his name wont be written in the history as a tyrant unlike The dictator who is gonna die soon too .. The day that his fascist worshipers cry a river for losing their god.
Khomeini died too and now everyone is mentioning him with glory.
Unlike Hashemi which will be remembered as a flat tire,
Unlike Montazeri which will be remembered as a fool.

This was a very shocking news. May He rest in peace.

Respect to this great man with all the disagreements we might have had with him in the past few years. He indeed spent his whole life serving his country. I Salute to him.

Just in mind of some Nuts montazeri is a fool, for rest are as a Great man who refused to be the leader of the country for justice and human rights. although in a Fascist mind he will be remembered as a fool for what he did.. refusing get in the power.

RIP.
At least his name wont be written in the history as a tyrant unlike The dictator who is gonna die soon too .. The day that his fascist worshipers cry a river for losing their god.
RIP.

Dorood mohsen jan, it has been a while. How are you doing? I didn't know that you are also against Rafsanjani. I thought you are just against Zarif and Rouhani (the new reformists). You are really devoted to the revolution's early days, and Khomeni's conservative teachings.

Last edited:
I offer my condolences to the Iranian people.
The good news to take heart over this loss is
as Madali explained that the passing of a ge-
neration, even one as iconic as that of your
Revolution, is not bad if they did well and passed
the torch which I suppose is the internal viewpoint.

Rest in Peace sir, Tay.

immediate result :
Rouhani will lose in this year election ( next year in Iranian calendar )

long term result :
next leader will be from revolutionists ...

^^^

Could you detail that for a dumb foreigner, OldTwilight please?
C'est un peu court jeune homme / It's a tad short, young man ...
as Cyrano famously said. What brings about those predictions?

Great day to you in the meanwhile, Tay.

Foreign officials, dignitaries express condolences over Rafsanjani’s demise.

The Emir of Kuwait Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, and Palestine’s Islamic Jihad Organization expressed their sorrow over the passing away of Iran's former president.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has also issued a message of condolence on the occasion of Ayatollah Hashemi Rafsanjani’s demise.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/01/08/505378/Iran-Expediency-Council-Ayatollah-Akbar-Hashemi-Rafsanjani
Just in mind of some Nuts montazeri is a fool, for rest are as a Great man who refused to be the leader of the country for justice and human rights. although in a Fascist mind he will be remembered as a fool for what he did.. refusing get in the power.
MKO terrorists should hanged in the way of possible cause they have killed many innocent Iranians. So chill out.

Dorood mohsen jan, it has been a while. How are you doing? I didn't know that you are also against Rafsanjani. I thought you are just against Zarif and Rouhani (the new reformists). You are really devoted to the revolution's early days, and Khomeni's conservative teachings.
Dorood.
I support people who support Islamic revolutionary ideas, the more they distance from this factor, the more I oppose them.
There is no exception in it, even if it's the leader himself.

MKO terrorists are the greatest supporters of Montazeri.
nothing more is needed as your answer.

That is really shocking news.
nobody expect his death.
rest in peace

MKO terrorists should hanged in the way of possible cause they have killed many innocent Iranians. So chill out.

MKO terrorists are the greatest supporters of Montazeri.
nothing more is needed as your answer.

nice try to deceive people with MKO card. there is a big difference between those armed terrorists MKO with those who were in the jail for years. they were prisoners who got arrested several years before mersad operation in the war and were Sentenced to jail duo to their crimes. they had nothing to do with those armed terrorists. since 1982 (1361) every terrorist hanged and executed and those in jail were just some political prisoners.(otherwise wouldnt be in jail and were hanged already like some others)
they all got executed in summer of 1988.no court? no crime? they were sentenced before in a court and were passing it in a jail.

All those prisoners were from different political groups, leftist groups like marxists,Communist and they were innocent and had nothing to do with those armed terrorists and montazeri defended these guys that why they got hanged.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom