Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

HarmonyOS 4 installed on 5 million devices within 2 weeks of launch

img-1-amy-1-80x80.jpg

Published 24 hours ago on August 24, 2023
By Amy Sarkar
5 million HarmonyOS 4

https://www.huaweicentral.com/harmonyos-4-installed-on-5-million-devices-within-2-weeks-of-launch/#

At the Huawei Developer Conference 2023, Huawei kicked off HarmonyOS 4 testing for various smartphones and tablets. The company also released the first batch of eligible devices. Now, the company has revealed interesting statics, saying that HarmonyOS 4 is installed in 5 million devices.

He Gang, Chief Operating Officer of Huawei Devices BG wrote on Weibo that within two weeks of launch, HarmonyOS 4 was installed by 5 million people after release. On the first day, the company accounted for 1 million users to upgrade to HarmonyOS 4. This is a big number and shows Huawei’s accuracy in upgrading old devices to new software.

Mr. Gang further wrote that HarmonyOS 4 brings new visuals and interactive experiences such as new personalized themes. These are designed to express mood and panoramic weather wallpapers, which are adored by a large number of users.

The top Huawei official further added that HarmonoyOS 4 not only brings fun for the users but also them to explore a whole new world with a live window feature.

Users can now transfer and store files efficiently through the SuperHub feature, supporting apps, and different scenarios. That’s not it, the new HarmonyOS 4 software also focuses widely on security and privacy. It has received rave reviews, and the user’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) has increased by 16% compared with the previous generation.

In terms of performance, Huawei Ark Engine improves system fluency by 20%, the battery life is extended by 30 minutes and it can render fast frame rates as compared to HarmonyOS 3.

HarmonyOS 4 is scheduled to release both recent and old devices. The first batch of public and closed beta activity includes over 30 devices in each. All of these models will next smartphones, tablets, and smartwatches will move towards a stable release, which may take a few weeks.

5 million HarmonyOS 4

I hope Harmony could soon be used in computers. Better for free to weaken Microsoft

Any engineers who read Linux source code knows that OS is not difficult these days.

Linux is EU government funded project pretend to be open source. EU is sick of US using Windows backdoor.

But then EU dare not make Linux too user friendly. It will incur US wrath.

I hope Harmony could soon be used in computers. Better for free to weaken Microsoft
I hope so too. Most Chinese software OS are based on Linux, which sucks arse! On my Intel 11th gen laptop Linux runs very smoothly because of the modern hardware. But on my Intel 3rd gen PC, the same Linux is 3 times slower than Windows 7! The underlying code of Linux is very inefficient. If China continues to dish out software based on the Linux kernel she's only sabotaging her development and productivity. Forever, I had been wanting a PC that runs (Open)Harmony! Or rather that (Open)Harmony was made available to PCs even the much older Intel Core 2nd/3rd gen models!

Last edited:
Writing a new operating system kernel from scratch is v.v. difficult and time consuming. Even Google - with its large taltent pool of software is struggling to get Fuchsia anywhere "useful" beyond IoT based Nest devices.

Most people opt for derivatives of Linux as the kernel is open source so it is difficult to hidge backdoors and there is alot of compatible software for it already.

Writing a new operating system kernel from scratch is v.v. difficult and time consuming. Even Google - with its large taltent pool of software is struggling to get Fuchsia anywhere "useful" beyond IoT based Nest devices.

Most people opt for derivatives of Linux as the kernel is open source so it is difficult to hidge backdoors and there is alot of compatible software for it already.
Doesn't matter how open source Linux is... just as ARM is a dead-end for China because few Chinese companies are allowed to use ARM v9 and later versions, they're all roadblocked at ARM v8.2. So too is Linux because the performance of Linux is worse than crap on older machines.

On the planet Earth, there are literally hundreds of millions of PCs destined for the junk yard because they can only run Windows 7 and many websites and software are moving away from supporting Windows 7.

China can literally save the Earth by opening (Open)Harmony up to these older machines. Because from what I've been reading Harmony OS is all about being more efficient over Android hence, its performance should be on par with Win7 on older PCs...

Any engineers who read Linux source code knows that OS is not difficult these days.

Linux is EU government funded project pretend to be open source. EU is sick of US using Windows backdoor.

Especially is not difficult if you get "inspired" by Western open source code projects to make "own" OS. :lol:

Anyway, well done. China is the only country, besides USA, who have a smart use of IT from a security of state point of view.

Rest of countries are all fcking retardeds who let their people and companies to be spied by USA and China.

I hope so too. Most Chinese software OS are based on Linux, which sucks arse! On my Intel 11th gen laptop Linux runs very smoothly because of the modern hardware. But on my Intel 3rd gen PC, the same Linux is 3 times slower than Windows 7! The underlying code of Linux is very inefficient. If China continues to dish out software based on the Linux kernel she's only sabotaging her development and productivity. Forever, I had been wanting a PC that runs (Open)Harmony! Or rather that (Open)Harmony was made available to PCs even the much older Intel Core 2nd/3rd gen models!
Really ? as far as i know most servers - which need very high availability and realibility - run linux

what do you mean "pretend" to be open source. if code is public then it is opensource.

Really ? as far as i know most servers - which need very high availability and realibility - run linux

what do you mean "pretend" to be open source. if code is public then it is opensource.
That's the problem. Their fast hardware only masks the slowness of Linux. Imagine you were to build a supercomputer running Linux. You would need 1.5 exaflops to match a supercomputer running Windows 7 at 0.5 exaflops.

ARM v9 boasts 30% performance over ARM v8.2. BUT China only allowed to use ARM v8.2 not v9. Another OS running on the same hardware would boast 30%+ performance over Linux. THIS is why Linux is a dead end for China! Because compared to another more efficient OS, Linux is the ARM v8.2 Achilles heel of China!

That's the problem. Their fast hardware only masks the slowness of Linux. Imagine you were to build a supercomputer running Linux. You would need 1.5 exaflops to match a supercomputer running Windows 7 at 0.5 exaflops.

ARM v9 boasts 30% performance over ARM v8.2. BUT China only allowed to use ARM v8.2 not v9. Another OS running on the same hardware would boast 30%+ performance over Linux. THIS is why Linux is a dead end for China! Because compared to another more efficient OS, Linux is the ARM v8.2 Achilles heel of China!
Supercomputers running windows 7? really? does that exist? :lol:.

A OS is just a software to share hardware resources between applications. Fast or slow it depends of what software you run, OS doesnt make slow or faster a software.

Commonly when people says that this or that OS is faster or slower they dont talk about core OS kernel, they talk about the apps that it came with the OS, but all that can be uninstalled by the user.

Supercomputers running windows 7? really? does that exist? :lol:.

A SO is just a software to share hardware resources between applications. Fast or slow it depends of what software you run, SO doesnt make slow or faster a software.
Was just an analogy. Linux is more than the kernel than interacts with the hardware. Heck if we were to compare kernel performance to Windows, Windows probably doesn't fare much better. It's combined everything including the topping that makes Linux a dead end for China... THIS is why you would need a supercomputer running Linux at 1.5 exaflops to match a supercomputer running Windows 7 at 0.5 eFlops!

Doesn't matter how open source Linux is... just as ARM is a dead-end for China because few Chinese companies are allowed to use ARM v9 and later versions, they're all roadblocked at ARM v8.2. So too is Linux because the performance of Linux is worse than crap on older machines.

On the planet Earth, there are literally hundreds of millions of PCs destined for the junk yard because they can only run Windows 7 and many websites and software are moving away from supporting Windows 7.

China can literally save the Earth by opening (Open)Harmony up to these older machines. Because from what I've been reading Harmony OS is all about being more efficient over Android hence, its performance should be on par with Win7 on older PCs...
You're wrong.

Linux is the only one OS you can run in some old crappy machines.

Linux is not slow. Slow or fast can be the apps you installed with Linux, but if it's open source you can improve by yourself.

Another OS is not needed for the world.

Linux is enough.

Was just an analogy. Linux is more than the kernel than interacts with the hardware. Heck if we were to compare kernel performance to Windows, Windows probably doesn't fare much better. It's combined everything including the topping that makes Linux a dead end for China... THIS is why you would need a supercomputer running Linux at 1.5 exaflops to match a supercomputer running Windows 7 at 0.5 eFlops!
But you're comparng unrelated things.

You can't compare tasks of supercomputing with tasks of a common computer user.

In supercomputing is indifferent the OS, because what it matters is the specific software created to run.

In common user experience, yes, likely it's faster Windows 7 + Office than Ubuntu + Libreoffice in the same common machine.

But if you make your app from scratch (like it's done in research in supercomputing), it doesnt matter so much the OS.

In a nutshell: if you do a simple application in C, and you compile for Linux and Windows, it will run in equal speed in the same machine with Linux and with Windows, or even faster in Linux, because in Linux is more easier than Windows to disable all the crappy software that you dont need to use.

Back
Top Bottom